Showdown 2021 Meet

I'm tempted to make the drive just to see Browner lift IRL.

Seriously.
Kid is making crazy leaps.
The fact that at his age, hes where he is now is unbelievable
I'm convinced hes going to break 240lb ATWR DL... over and over again

Like 2 years ago, when we broke the ATWR on attempt 3.
Took attempt 4 to break his own ATWR 45 minutes later.

What the fuck

Seriously.
Kid is making crazy leaps.
The fact that at his age, hes where he is now is unbelievable
I'm convinced hes going to break 240lb ATWR DL... over and over again

Like 2 years ago, when we broke the ATWR on attempt 3.
Took attempt 4 to break his own ATWR 45 minutes later.

What the fuck

Did you see his 950lbs conventional the other day?

Yea man the dude is impressive. For sure top 5 men’s at this meet. Gona be damn hard to beat Haack with a 627 dots. Pension is up there too, even in sleeves. Rouska is gona be a threat to everyone dots wise. I think Jamals has dots 595 or so.

Last edited:
E62D8622-DB4D-4126-B235-60226E17E10F.jpeg

This is damn good line up, IMO the best of the women’s. Kristy Hawkins gets the rematch against Hunter Henderson but this time in sleeves. Hawkins currently holds the record total in sleeves at 680 kg. Hunter has a 640 total but at the rate she’s going I really think this will be a war for the 1&2 spot for women’s 165. There’s some other players here but not sure they have a chance with Hunter and Kristy in the line up. The best known is Brianny Terry who actually holds the women DL record 265.5 kg (chipped at the Hybrid showdown 3 in March 21’). There’s a few others in the mix Daniela Melo who is a well known USAPL/IPF 84kg lifter. IPF world 2019 worlds Sweden women’s winner. 613 kg total who tied Amanda Lawerence but won on bw. Technically a JR could give Brianny a run for her money but I don’t see her being able to keep up with Kristy or Hunter. Rachel Torres (also a JR. ) who bombed out of the Kern this year on squat could be a threat for 3rd if she can put it all together. I’m really rooting for these ladies I think this is the most stacked women’s division and should keep us on the edge of our seats .

Last edited:

View: https://www.instagram.com/p/CPeOHRwHlgb/?utm_medium=copy_link

Andy Huang with some beltless 8’s on squats. At a touch under 600, What is he capable of come meet day?
He hasn’t competed in a while. Where do you think he will stand in the 275’s ?

I always wonder what those people's knees are made of when I see them squat decent weight without even knee sleeves. Lol. If I get up to even 400 my knees feel pretty creaky and uncomfortable. Must have bionic joints. Lol

Back