• ATTENTION New Members: Please take a few moments to introduce yourself, show your commitment to harm reduction, and chat with the community in the "New Member Introduction" subforum. This will help unlock access to additional forum features and privileges.

Sodium intake?

These amounts are in addition to sodium taken in through your diet? Or are these the amounts you strive to hit at the top end daily?

I'm going trial a set up like this. I dont take in too terribly much sodium I dont believe. Honestly I've never tracked it. But I use pre-made chicken seasoning and some pre-made sauces in small amounts to give my otherwise very bland, low sodium chicken and brown rice and veggies variety. Other than that, not much sodium. I've actually experience quad cramps the last week or two, hence one reason my interest in trying this.

I'm not a person that likes overly salty foods. I see people salt food that I would never ever thing of salting. So im thinking about ordering some empty capsules, and managing sodium and potassium that way.
Yes this on top of my normal diet. I am only counting these additional sodium and potassium. Not counting the sodium and potassium in my diet.

Which I eat very similar every day. So its not a huge amount extra but there is definitely a good amount, in my diet. Probably sodium 1500 mg and potassium 700 mg. More or less. The amount i am supplementing with is a whole lot more then i normally take in with diet alone

maybe for a week ill track full sodium and potassium. But baby steps.

These amounts are in addition to sodium taken in through your diet? Or are these the amounts you strive to hit at the top end daily?

I'm going trial a set up like this. I dont take in too terribly much sodium I dont believe. Honestly I've never tracked it. But I use pre-made chicken seasoning and some pre-made sauces in small amounts to give my otherwise very bland, low sodium chicken and brown rice and veggies variety. Other than that, not much sodium. I've actually experience quad cramps the last week or two, hence one reason my interest in trying this.

I'm not a person that likes overly salty foods. I see people salt food that I would never ever thing of salting. So im thinking about ordering some empty capsules, and managing sodium and potassium that way.
Good stuff, the potassium tastes much less salty then the salt itself. I had to get used to drinking the combo in water. But now it actually makes me drink more water.

Good stuff, the potassium tastes much less salty then the salt itself. I had to get used to drinking the combo in water. But now it actually makes me drink more water.
I saw you're using Morton sea salt... any reason thats preferable to regular table salt? Or even the amaaaaaaazing pink Himalayan salt?

Or rather, why did you personally choose to go with the sea salt?

I can certainly research all the differences among them myself.

I saw you're using Morton sea salt... any reason thats preferable to regular table salt? Or even the amaaaaaaazing pink Himalayan salt?
So a family member knows alot of info on electrolytes, since they are on keto.
They said “real salt” is best they know, the brand, but its expensive. Himaliyan pink salt, and sea salt are good too. Since its not manipulated and doesnt have uneccasary crap in it. So since i just started this supplementation, I already had the sea salt in my cabinet. Lol. Next time i will buy the “real salt” as thats what they researched is the best, most natural, and organic.

Dont use regular table salt. Its not natural and is bleached, and has shitty additives.

the real salt for them is expensive, since the whole family uses it, but in reality its only 8$. So i am going get that next round.

Still doing this protocol, it doesnt do so much, but it has made me drink more water, which in itself is good.

i actually really like the salty flavored water over regular water and i drink it much more.

i porbably drink 30% more water on days i add salt and potassium. The flavor makes it easy to drink.

because 2 days i dropped it and hardly drank any water. So went back to 1.5 tsp of each throughtout the day.

also i have not got any cramps at all since i have started this. Which is great.

But water retention, no idea if it makes a difference.

I was pissing 3-4x/night. My coach figured I was deficient. Added 12G salt per day. Basically 1/2tsp to each of my 5 meals and it resolved. Drove my water from sub q to intra m and made me look much fuller.
i drink a fuck ton of water, and I have to wake up and pee 2-3x a night too and I don’t consume a lot of salt either.

N
i drink a fuck ton of water, and I have to wake up and pee 2-3x a night too and I don’t consume a lot of salt either.
Now i only pee 2-3x a night but when on mast i was peeing 8-10x a night. Mast really gives me bad sides.
I think the salt helped but as soon as i dropped mast in 2 weeks i was good again