Summer run cancelled (surgery required)

CdnGuy

So been experiencing agonizing pain on and off around my kidney area. Came off cruise and finishing pct instead of blasting (as I should)
Blood work initially can back said kidneys were running high. Just got my ultrasound back. Gallbladder needs to be removed asap. So my question to the MD's here. Is there a certain amount of time i need to wait before running Aas or I am stupid for even asking this question. Tbh I don't know what future ramifications could be? Any feedback is much appreciated. Cdnguy

So been experiencing agonizing pain on and off around my kidney area. Came off cruise and finishing pct instead of blasting (as I should)
Blood work initially can back said kidneys were running high. Just got my ultrasound back. Gallbladder needs to be removed asap. So my question to the MD's here. Is there a certain amount of time i need to wait before running Aas or I am stupid for even asking this question. Tbh I don't know what future ramifications could be? Any feedback is much appreciated. Cdnguy

Sorry to hear that happened to you buddy. Do you or your doc know what the root cause of your gallbladder needing to be removed? Was it specifically due to AAS?

Thanks Nutpuncher.That's another issue I am hesitant to discuss with them.Talking Aas with the doc could lead to unwanted attention and problems for me. They know I had addictions for many yrs don't know if that's the cuz. Doc said its an easy surgery and quick recovery for the most part. Just wondering about Aas for the future after surgery.

Researching and seems there is more of a concern with future Aas use. With liver/kidney issues(expected) then dealing with gallbladder being moved. But granted orals are completely outta the question now.. Anything else you may want too point out @Dr JIM ? I'm most likely overlooking something !?Thank you

Thank you @strongsafety41, was really bummed out at first. Had everything in place (cycle). Now just happy it wasn't something very serious and have my health.

I understand your frustration. I've had my share of injuries since crossing the 40 threshold. Had cycles all laid out and the doc talks surgery. As we get older the prize is more prevalent, that prize being overall health/longevity.

Your cycle will be there waiting on you when you're healthy enough to give it a go. For now... Keep your eye on the prize.

I had my gallbladder out in 2009. I wasn't lifting at the time and had never used AAS though. The surgery wasn't major, just put me under, punched a few holes in my side and popped the gallbladder and pulled the pieces through the holes. It actually hurt my side to even stand up straight for about a week, but the recovery was pretty quick really after the initial soreness. It's just a few holes and stitches, after all. Took them out myself actually because I didn't have insurance at the time.

I guess that doesn't really answer your question, but that was my experience with the surgery.

Also, good luck. Take you a little break and heal up, you'll be all good in no time.

I'm sure you'll bounce back bro, Hope it all works out.

Your a Canadian so doesn't that mean you are intitled to free insurance maybe it would be a good thing to come clean with the Doc's but I do understand your concern.I gave blood today and lied about every Steroid question asked.Lol

On a lighter note maybe a Canadian team will make it to playoff's next year or your Hawk's will be beat bye the King's again for the cup!
Good luck to ya brotha! Keep us posted

I had my gallbladder out in 2009. I wasn't lifting at the time and had never used AAS though. The surgery wasn't major, just put me under, punched a few holes in my side and popped the gallbladder and pulled the pieces through the holes. It actually hurt my side to even stand up straight for about a week, but the recovery was pretty quick really after the initial soreness. It's just a few holes and stitches, after all. Took them out myself actually because I didn't have insurance at the time.

I guess that doesn't really answer your question, but that was my experience with the surgery.

Also, good luck. Take you a little break and heal up, you'll be all good in no time.
Thanks for sharing your experience man. But question...you took the gallbladder out yourself !?!?! :eek: Damnnnnn
Edit- fully covered for medical thankfully

Reading it seems they say gallbladder surgery is one of the most over preformed surgeries in the US & Canada. More just a money maker for the medical industry.

Consequences of Gallbladder Surgery - Symptoms and Diagnosis

I had trouble following that article.

If I understood it correctly,

He seems to be blasting other doctors or surgeons for wanting to remove the gallbladder upon discovery of gallstones even if it's not symptomatic instead of waiting for symptoms to develop which he states is a much safer approach.

I don't know how common that is but in your case it sounds like it's causing you symptoms (pain) so I don't think the authors point is applicable here.

I don't think he's arguing it's over performed in cases where the patient has symptoms like you, he seems to have a problem with surgery being performed upon discovery of gallstones with no symptoms instead of waiting.

I had trouble following that article.

If I understood it correctly,

He seems to be blasting other doctors or surgeons for wanting to remove the gallbladder upon discovery of gallstones even if it's not symptomatic instead of waiting for symptoms to develop which he states is a much safer approach.

I don't know how common that is but in your case it sounds like it's causing you symptoms (pain) so I don't think the authors point is applicable here.

I don't think he's arguing it's over performed in cases where the patient has symptoms like you, he seems to have a problem with surgery being performed upon discovery of gallstones with no symptoms instead of waiting.
Couldn't agree more Wc, when I was reading it I was thinking. F that...my pain is serious. I was more just interested in the article for just the common gallstone sufferers.

@Perrin Aybara reading about how if the gallbladder is removed. The issue of bile storage can become a problem. As the bile acids can leak into the small & large intestines. Have you had any(noticeable) issues thus far? Kinda freaky when they say it can also increase the chances of colon cancer...

@Perrin Aybara reading about how if the gallbladder is removed. The issue of bile storage can become a problem. As the bile acids can leak into the small & large intestines. Have you had any(noticeable) issues thus far? Kinda freaky when they say it can also increase the chances of colon cancer...

I don't think so, what are the symptoms? I don't know what else I would've done, it was very painful and as far as I know removal was the only option.

I'm just over thinking things :oops: I'm in your boat, the pain is killer so no real other option I guess.

I didn't have regular access to the internet when I got my surgery, so I didn't get the chance to overthink the possible sides, otherwise I would have, too.