Summer run cancelled (surgery required)

So been experiencing agonizing pain on and off around my kidney area. Came off cruise and finishing pct instead of blasting (as I should)
Blood work initially can back said kidneys were running high. Just got my ultrasound back. Gallbladder needs to be removed asap. So my question to the MD's here. Is there a certain amount of time i need to wait before running Aas or I am stupid for even asking this question. Tbh I don't know what future ramifications could be? Any feedback is much appreciated. Cdnguy

As the anesthetic and surgical risk is unknown, it's best to DC all AAS (and any other self prescribed med) prior to any elective surgery.

I can hear it now; well darling we "lost him", was he taking any other MEDS ?

No myofibril is worth that risk IMO!

Dr JIM, post: 1596757, member: 50161"]As the anesthetic and surgical risk is unknown, it's best to DC all AAS (and any other self prescribed med) prior to any elective surgery.

I can hear it now; well darling we "lost him", was he taking any other MEDS ?

No myofibril is worth that risk IMO!
Agreed I will speak to the actual surgeon about everything prior. Not my family doctor though.
Your opinion on future Aas usage after surgery and full recovery? Any advice on something I need to learn? From reading it doesn't seem to be an issue. But obviously rolling the dice either way. Thanks Dr Jim

. More just a money maker for the medical industry.

How ironic few on Meso don't look at AAS in a similar manner, for the "UGL industry" especially knowing the risks involved.

Actually since appendectomy is the most common emergent operative procedure it's a big money maker too, but ask anyone who has as acute appendicitis pain if they give a shit!

If you have SYMPTOMATIC biliary colic (bile duct pain) that is due to STONES and becomes recurrent, suffer or have it removed.

All most all of the postcholecystectomy side effects are the result of POOR DIETS and NOT the absence of ones GB.

Proof?
Categorize those who are most likely to develop biliary colic?

FAT
FEMALE
FOURTY
WHITE or HISPANIC
FERTILE.
FLatulent!

So they have that GB removed and their diet improves, LOL!

Last edited:
Agreed I will speak to the actual surgeon about everything prior. Not my family doctor though.
Your opinion on future Aas usage after surgery and full recovery? Any advice on something I need to learn? From reading it doesn't seem to be an issue. But obviously rolling the dice either way. Thanks Dr Jim

As I've mentioned it's an elective surgery so wait and see how frequently you develop the pain, but after more than 3 episodes most folk just don't want to mess with it and have it removed.

Goodluck, doesn't sound fun. Idea though. Ask the surgeon if you can keep the gallbladder after they remove it. You can probably sell it to some Chinese in Richmond who will use it in their tiger dick soup blend. They'll pay top dollar for human gallbladder, ancient Chinese ingredient with magic powers I bet!

OP
I don't know what your PMH is/was but an improvement in ones BP is not at all uncommon after liposuction, IME.

More recently I've a an BB/AAS user who had about ONE LITER of fat removed from his flanks, lower abd and lumbar region and the difference in his vitals have been truly remarkable.

He was on there MEDS and his BP still hovered into the 150 systolic range on a regular basis.

Yet only three weeks post-op he is off all his BP MEDS and his BP rarely rises above 140 systolic.

To be fair, other factors that may have contributed;
1) he's now on a LOW FAT diet
2) his exercise is limited to aerobics
3) he's ceased high dose cycling
and has actually improved his LMB on Tren/Test combination 1/2cc twice a week.

For those who don't believe changing your diet is the best way to "cut" , think again, bc this fella gained FAT and a lot of it while cycling AAS!

And I have treated many BB just like him!

Quick update surgeon office called today. Another 2 wks until my first consultation (been month already) Then surgery "might" happen in August earliest. Damn :(

So been experiencing agonizing pain on and off around my kidney area. Came off cruise and finishing pct instead of blasting (as I should)
Blood work initially can back said kidneys were running high. Just got my ultrasound back. Gallbladder needs to be removed asap. So my question to the MD's here. Is there a certain amount of time i need to wait before running Aas or I am stupid for even asking this question. Tbh I don't know what future ramifications could be? Any feedback is much appreciated. Cdnguy
Sorry bud your not the only one tho. I'm in the same boat. Fkn dislocated my left elbow. Just got done with a cycle to. Feels like shit. Still can't open my arm all the way my elbow is so week my forarm tricep n bicep is all fkn weird looking. Gonna see the doc next week thinking I might need surgery. Feel like I have some dead tissue or cartalige or ruptured ligament preventing me from extending and and bending my arm all the way. Will be a long time before I get back in gym especially to where I was. It's hard real hard I can't even work it right now. I feel like shit don't want to do shit. But where I'm getting to is you will be alright some time off never hurt no one. See how the recovery goes atleast you can still work it now. And no matter how shitty it feel just remember someone out here got it worst. Good luck bud.

Thanks for the link man appreciate it. Unfortunately I don't have stones. It's the actual gallbladder itself that is causing pain.:confused:

WAIT ONE MINUTE here now fella! And that's not unfortunate bc UDCA and other bile salt agents were initially developed for this purpose, to "dissolve gallstones'.

The problem the dissolution process often requires months or years, and even when the stone/s is reduced in size, being smaller, it may then become lodged in the CYSTIC or COMMON BILE DUCT which requires emergent surgery!

This is an entirely different situation bc the DX then becomes: a-calculus cholecystitis which is also referred to as "BILIARY DYSKINESIA".

And "surgery" ...... well I'd suggest you start by Gooling the last diagnosis I mentioned, but for starters how do your Docs KNOW the Gallbladder is the source of your pain????

In case like yours the diagnostic workup, is everything! I suspect your Docs know this which is one reason why they are not the least bit hesitant to delay surgery.

For instance have you had an EGD performed as part of your evaluation?

Last edited:
WAIT ONE MINUTE here now fella!

This is an entirely different situation bc the DX then becomes: a-calculus cholecystitis which is also referred to as "BILIARY DYSKINESIA".

And "surgery" ...... well I'd suggest you start by Gooling the last diagnosis I mentioned, but for starters how do your Docs KNOW the Gallbladder is the source of your pain?????
That's why i like ya Dr Jim(sharp) lol So get this, I finally had my consultation last Thur (almost 2 months waiting) The surgeon asked about my issue which I then described to him. He says "your family doctor never went over the ultrasound"? I said he told me surgery was required and go see the surgeon. He was stunned. My doc forgot to mention I have a 1.5cm in diameter gallstone stuck deep in the gallbladder!!!! He says it's one of the bigger ones he's seen. I was choked but happy cuz I knew something wasn't adding up. Lol

That's WHY trying to legitimately help folk on ANY forum is oh so difficult. If the amount of info they have or understand is minimal imagine what I've got to work with, lol!

Anyway get the damn thing removed laproscopically and IF all goes as planned (and it usually does) expect to be back in the gym, partaking in at least light activity, in TWO-FOUR WEEKS. (This is the best case scenario yet is fitting for the majority of young healthy folk IME)

OR you could wait for the next "attack" when your squatting, lol!

Last edited: