• ATTENTION New Members: Please take a few moments to introduce yourself, show your commitment to harm reduction, and chat with the community in the "New Member Introduction" subforum. This will help unlock access to additional forum features and privileges.

Test p vs test c and e

Broccolihead

Curious about experiences on test p vs longer ester test. I started trt on 150mg test e, everything was great for the first few months then my libido dropped to basically zero. Bloods looked good, no issues with estrogen. Also tried hcg which did nothing. Started doing daily injections of 22mg test p about a month ago and it’s like I have the libido of a teenage boy again. I’m curious if anyone else felt different on different esters and why this might be the case?

Curious about experiences on test p vs longer ester test. I started trt on 150mg test e, everything was great for the first few months then my libido dropped to basically zero. Bloods looked good, no issues with estrogen. Also tried hcg which did nothing. Started doing daily injections of 22mg test p about a month ago and it’s like I have the libido of a teenage boy again. I’m curious if anyone else felt different on different esters and why this might be the case?

That's because you're avoiding the estrogen peaks of less frequent injections, not the ester. Switching from once a week to two or three times with E or C would have a similar effect.

Bloods are only a snapshot of a given moment.

That's because you're avoiding the estrogen peaks of less frequent injections, not the ester. Switching from once a week to two or three times with E or C would have a similar effect.

Bloods are only a snapshot of a given moment.
i tried more frequent injections of enth and it didn’t seem to make a difference. If I was injecting test e daily wouldn’t my levels be much more stable than daily prop? Which would peak and trough throughout the day?

i tried more frequent injections of enth and it didn’t seem to make a difference. If I was injecting test e daily wouldn’t my levels be much more stable than daily prop? Which would peak and trough throughout the day?

The difference in intraday peaks and troughs with either ester administered daily is insignificant. Prop isn't that short lived.

Since you've tried more frequent injections with E already, the remaining difference is you've raised blood concentrations of test by nearly 20%.

There's more test in 150mg of P than 150mg of E. Those long ester tails take up space.

Your natural production may have finally slowed enough to lower test levels and you boosted them with prop.

Plot out a 12 week cycle with 22mg a day and, ignoring the first 4 weeks as E levels build, swap E for P and you'll see stable levels are about 20% higher.

2x week 90mg E should give you the same result after a few weeks.

Last edited:
I know enth weighs more than prop but I wouldn’t have expected like a 15mg difference in test to make such a dramatic difference

If you enter 22mg Prop daily you get 1198 ng/dl.

26.4mg of Enan daily (20% more) gets 1201 ng/dl

So it turns out you need almost exactly 20% more Enan to match Prop.

22mg of Enan only gets you to 1050 ng/dl. so that's a big difference.

Surprised me too.

@Broccolihead, I don't see a difference with more frequent injections of the longer esters either. I know it is a popular protocol and can result in more stable blood levels for many but there are plenty of cases where people do just fine injecting once a week.

Even with shorter esters like P, I do ok with injecting 2X per week. I don't see a difference between test e or test c but I will say that with Sustanon, I believe I had less bloat and just had an overall better sense of well being.

With each sustanon, test e or test c, I only pinned once a week. I had bloods with each one over a few months of use and all were similar as far as my health markers and my total test and E2 counts.

Have you tried sustanon? I'm not saying you will respond like I did but it may be worth a shot for you.

Have you tried sustanon? I'm not saying you will respond like I did but it may be worth a shot for you.
Haven’t tried sust but I was actually looking into it and might give it a go at some point. I know everyone preaches more frequent injections more stable levels less sides which I’ll do on blasts but just on trt I swear I felt better the more infrequent my injections were compared to daily on the longer esters. With prop if I miss injections I do seem to feel shittier which makes sense. How often do u pin sust? I’ve seen wildly different pinning schedules.

Last edited:
Haven’t tried sust but I was actually looking into it and might give it a go at some point. I know everyone preaches more frequent injections more stable levels less sides which I’ll do on blasts but just on trt I swear I felt better the more infrequent my injections were compared to daily on the longer esters. With prop if I miss injections I do seem to feel shittier which makes sense. Out of curiosity how often do u pin sust? I’ve seen wildly different pinning schedules.

I've heard TRT docs say their patients feel better on Cyp than Sust likely because the peaks and troughs more accurately simulate the natural ebb and flow.

You may just need a higher dose to offset the diminished natural production you had at the start. Could be that simple. Your libido was fine at the beginning, then faded away, and the higher levels provided by prop brought it back.

Haven’t tried sust but I was actually looking into it and might give it a go at some point. I know everyone preaches more frequent injections more stable levels less sides which I’ll do on blasts but just on trt I swear I felt better the more infrequent my injections were compared to daily on the longer esters. With prop if I miss injections I do seem to feel shittier which makes sense. How often do u pin sust? I’ve seen wildly different pinning schedules.
I mainly pin 1x per week. I have done 2x per week. Didn't make a difference for me and I like pinning less.

Some people feel better on prop me included.
More energy and libido trough the day and more chill at night.
At higher dosages it’s not that relevant or noticeable.
Also consider you still had test E in you when you switched to prop for like 2-3 weeks.

Good point, another clue this may be as simple as higher dose=better libido.

"When you hear hooves, think horse, not unicorn."
Not really even with equal milligram of true hormone prop is a little different.Have you ever given prop a run on its own?
Most people only run it at the end of a contest prep with a bunch of other hormones,low calories and crashed e2 before a show.
It does not really fit in a bulk because it takes up to many ml in the syringe.
So people don’t really give prop a run on its own in a trt setting or test only type of cycle.
Most people that do notice it being better.
I share a video where if you read the comments there are 50 dudes saying the same thing they all notice so no unicorn.

View: https://youtu.be/wTOJLOhdg0w?si=NN55ha2rz9epS1WM

Everyone is different, I get more acne and sides on prop and the least with cypionate or undecanoate. You really gotta try all esters of Testosterone to see which one or ones work best for you.

Good point, another clue this may be as simple as higher dose=better libido.

"When you hear hooves, think horse, not unicorn."
I don’t disagree that more androgens = higher libido. I’d fuck a cactus on enough mast. After reading about plenty of guys talking about having a way better trt experience after switching to prop and supposedly how prop being more like fluctuating natural levels might make u feel better i wasn’t sure if it was simply due to more test from swapping to a lighter ester. How much of that is placebo or bro science idk.

hate test p always get horrible pip

e and c are almost the same as each other. I run c just because it had a slightly longer half life and in theory slightly more stable in the blood stream

I had similar results & prefer Test P. Great energy & libido - no downsides other than the frequent injections.

Some people feel better on prop me included.
More energy and libido trough the day and more chill at night.
At higher dosages it’s not that relevant or noticeable.
Also consider you still had test E in you when you switched to prop for like 2-3 weeks.
I feel my sleep is much better on test P. I have done blood work where it was an hour or 2 after my shot and 24 hours. The few hours my TT was 2000 and the 24 hours it was 750. The big spike through the day and lower levels for better sleep at night. I get no pip from test p so that helps.

I have also ran c and p together. The C for a lower level background noise and the P for a for good energy and mood through the day. Also like this for when I experiment with different doses.

Sponsors