To Freeze or Not To Freeze: Lyophilized Peptides

Okay I'm one of the guys who freeze their peptides since I bought into GBs.
I understand the heat cycle degradation, but I'm looking for opinion on if removing HCG from freezer 1 time to room temp will be okay, I'm sure some degradation will occur but hopefully at a minimum. Going to be In a situation without fridge/freezer for awhile. Once I put at room temp I'll just go back to cool dark room temp for now on to prevent this in future.

Moisture degrades peptides. If the vial contains excess moisture, how is the refrigerator going to stop it from degrading the peptide?

For properly lyophilized peptides, which do not have excess moisture.

The whole moisture argument is absurd.

Of course there's residual moisture left in peptides. The fact you can make the baseless assertion that they don't tells me you haven't done the most basic research into this. On top of that, do you think a Chinese UGL is reducing moisture using the absolute highest lab standards? or something less than that?

You don't seem to understand how moisture degrades lyophilized peptides. The greatest amount of damage occurs during phase change. Water growing into crystals, which expand, mechanically damaging protein strands. The same process that cause food texture to be damaged by freezing, on a microscopic scale.

I'm not going to relitigate this argument and just sum it up.

The moisture in peptides freezes at some temp below, most likely well below, 0c or 32f, because those temps only apply to pure water. If it's -20c, and your freezer cycles between -22c and -18c, you're repeatedly freezing and thawing the peptide's water content, and each time crystals reform they're inflicting more damage. Do we know if that phase change (freezing) temp is -20c? No. We have no way of knowing what it is other than it's below 0c for certain. That's where the risk of unknown factors plays into home freezing of peptides.

If your freezer can maintain -80c, the universally documented "ideal" peptide freezing temp, go for it. Even with temp fluctuations there's no chance of phase change of the moisture content. It'll freeze and stay frozen, only doing the damage of a single freeze/thaw cycle.

Still, do it only once, pull it out when needed, and never refreeze.

If you've never had to defrost your freezer to get rid of ice, like the majority of modern freezers, do some research and learn why that is, then you'll understand why you definately shouldn't freeze your peptides in that environment.

Under vacuum, in light free, refrigerated conditions, peptide degradation is very, very slow. In most cases under 1% over several years, because the vial is a bacteriostatic, sterile environment. Unless you're preparing for the apocylyose and need to preserve peptides for a decade or more, there's little benefit to even risking the *potential* damage of freeze/thaw cycles, which are capable of instantly inflicting the equivalent damage of long term refrigeration each time it happens.

The idea that freezing automatically means "lasts longer" may seem like common sense but like a lot of "everyone knows that" wisdom, it doesn't always apply.

I've been interested in long term storage of some maintenance meds, dry tablets, in case of an emergency. If you research this you'll find that freezing these dry medications is never advised because of the damaging changes that can occur from even one freeze thaw cycle. Protection from light, air, moisture, and put in a very low, but above freezing environment is considered ideal.

Last edited:
It's funny.

' keep your peptides in the freezer'
' no, it will damage them'

So basically no consensus what temp damages it in an almost constant environment...
Ehen proceed to order stuff from overseas which can travel and sit couple weeks in god know what temperature fluctuations and humidity.

Yet you will read mostly: no problem bro,just don't order it in summer months. They are not as fragile as they say.
lol