[TP's TheGreyTop] [IGF-1 blood test] [May 2016]

I got some blood drawn this week for lipids, kidney function, etc. and went ahead and added an IGF-1 test since I've been running the greys a little over a month now. The test was called the deluxe anti aging panel, I believe.

I'd been on 2iu before bed for 30 days and had just switched to 3iu/day 2-3 days before that. So 3iu the night before the test at 9:30pm and 3iu at 5:30am the morning of the test. Blood drawn at 8:30am. No baseline numbers unfortunately. And yes, I see my hematocrit is sky high and I'm surprised by that as I've had no symptoms and BP has been in the normal range.

Screenshot_2016-05-06-15-15-50-1.png

Nice brother thanks for sharing. How do you feel on them? Healing much faster? Burning fat quickly? I'm a little jelly on your PSA level. Mine is 1.2 ugh.

So are those numbers what are to be expected from that dose?

I honestly have no idea. Seems the normal protocol is pinning 10iu before the test. All I know is it's elevated.

Nice brother thanks for sharing. How do you feel on them? Healing much faster? Burning fat quickly? I'm a little jelly on your PSA level. Mine is 1.2 ugh.

I got it for healing an injury before I start this next blast and to help with recovery on cycle. It's been amazing for sleep quality, I hadn't slept well in years and now I sleep like a baby. I find I wake up too early sometimes though feeling like it's been a full night.

I can't tell much on fast loss yet. I cut from high 230's to a little under 220 at 5'10" since January. My jeans continue to get looser while my weight stays the same. I'm not super lean, nor do I plan to be, so a flat belly with somewhat visible abs would make me pretty happy.

I was worried PSA would be high since I'd never had it tested. My estro was sky high, it's on the other page of the results I posted in my log. I've had zero symptoms and stopped taking Adex months ago and it's crept up without me knowing.

As far as feeling I feel great, my cruise dose of 140mg/week put me higher than expected, so I'm dropping that a little next week. The improved sleep is worth the cost to me alone after years of bad sleep.

Any hand numbness/ tingling?

I've been reading on it an most people say anything under 6iu daily is worthless, but I have also read anything over 4iu and your and and feet go numb and retain water which is very uncorfortable. It would be mostly used for recovery and healing.

Nitrust who said it's "worthless" running it under 6 iu's ? Plus , if you've never run Gh (myself) or are a beginner. Slin ain't something to mess with right away. From what I've read ;)

Any hand numbness/ tingling?

I've been reading on it an most people say anything under 6iu daily is worthless, but I have also read anything over 4iu and your and and feet go numb and retain water which is very uncorfortable. It would be mostly used for recovery and healing.

Nothing like that so far. I don't want it to interfere with gripping a barbell, so I'd back the dose down if it got that way. No plans of going over 4iu at the moment. The plan was 2 for a month, 3 for a month and 4 for four months.

Have you considered insulin?

No, I'm nowhere near that advanced yet. I don't think it's necessary for my purposes right now.

I was just looking for a little healing pre cycle and added recovery on this next blast. Going to be training very hard for strength in the following months and I'm hoping the low dose gh will keep me from feeling as beat up.

I wouldn't have minded taking advantage of the fat loss a little more on my cruise/cut, but the shipping took forever and I didn't start when I would've liked.

Nitrust who said it's "worthless" running it under 6 iu's ? Plus , if you've never run Gh (myself) or are a beginner. Slin ain't something to mess with right away. From what I've read ;)

Yeah, I've not heard that either. I think he means for muscle building effects you need a high dose like 6+. Low dose definitely isn't worthless though for what I'm looking for. 2-4/day for six months doesn't really break the bank either. 6+ you're talking some serious cash.

Nothing like that so far. I don't want it to interfere with gripping a barbell, so I'd back the dose down if it got that way. No plans of going over 4iu at the moment. The plan was 2 for a month, 3 for a month and 4 for four months.

No, I'm nowhere near that advanced yet. I don't think it's necessary for my purposes right now.

I was just looking for a little healing pre cycle and added recovery on this next blast. Going to be training very hard for strength in the following months and I'm hoping the low dose gh will keep me from feeling as beat up.

I wouldn't have minded taking advantage of the fat loss a little more on my cruise/cut, but the shipping took forever and I didn't start when I would've liked.

Yeah, I've not heard that either. I think he means for muscle building effects you need a high dose like 6+. Low dose definitely isn't worthless though for what I'm looking for. 2-4/day for six months doesn't really break the bank either. 6+ you're talking some serious cash.
Yea, I meant that under 6iu is worthless for building mass. There is no way I could afford that. 4iu would probably be my max as well. I can get my hands on the 6fingers red tops and my guy is getting some blacktops from tp. It just sucks that you have to buy 3 kits up front, hence the reason I'm getting through a third party. Anyways I appreciate your contribution

@Perrin Aybara your detailed response is appreciated brotha!

I might be mistaken, but I think I remember a post you made about your doctor recommending niacin for your cholesterol and it helping? Mine was just slightly over on these bloods and I'm trying to knock it down a little and I remember a post like that from someone awhile back. Sorry if it wasn't you.

I might be mistaken, but I think I remember a post you made about your doctor recommending niacin for your cholesterol and it helping? Mine was just slightly over on these bloods and I'm trying to knock it down a little and I remember a post like that from someone awhile back. Sorry if it wasn't you.
Yes that was me and my doc put me on niacin 1000mg per day but take an asprin 325mg with it because if you don't it will flush your face red. At 500mg no flushing and didn't need a asprin. It has helped my over cholesterol number on and off cycle. Here are my labs on 800mg test, 500mg NPP and 40mg var/ED. Total test not shown cuz I had to get retested and waiting for results any day in email.

The labs below are just on 200mg test from pharmacy and Walgreens adex plus the niacin.

These labs are on high good fat ketogenic diet and no niacin.

I think it has helped a little bit. Niacin can be bought over the counter at any pharmacy or vitamin shop too. I get mine prescribed as its a little cheaper through insurance. Good luck bud.

Yes that was me and my doc put me on niacin 1000mg per day but take an asprin 325mg with it because if you don't it will flush your face red. At 500mg no flushing and didn't need a asprin. It has helped my over cholesterol number on and off cycle. Here are my labs on 800mg test, 500mg NPP and 40mg var/ED. Total test not shown cuz I had to get retested and waiting for results any day in email.

The labs below are just on 200mg test from pharmacy and Walgreens adex plus the niacin.

These labs are on high good fat ketogenic diet and no niacin.

I think it has helped a little bit. Niacin can be bought over the counter at any pharmacy or vitamin shop too. I get mine prescribed as its a little cheaper through insurance. Good luck bud.

Thanks, brother. A little is all I need to get back in the normal range. I picked some up yesterday and I'm going to give it a shot.

Why did you pin in morning before bloodwork?

Thanks for sharing.

From what I've read your levels peak around three hours after injection. I read so much conflicting information on the topic and I'm still new to this, so I just did what seemed the most logical thing with the information I had. Posted it up regardless.

From what I've read your levels peak around three hours after injection. I read so much conflicting information on the topic and I'm still new to this, so I just did what seemed the most logical thing with the information I had. Posted it up regardless.

Cool. Thanks. So IGF-1 levels is not a cumulative effect? Not sure if I worded that correctly. In otherwords, injections from last week has no bearing on bloodwork taken today?
So much to learn....I love it.

Cool. Thanks. So IGF-1 levels is not a cumulative effect? Not sure if I worded that correctly. In otherwords, injections from last week has no bearing on bloodwork taken today?
So much to learn....I love it.

I'm honestly not sure how long they stay elevated or how much cumulative effect there is. I'm assuming there must be some if levels take a few weeks to elevate. Maybe someone more knowledgeable will chime in on it.

3-4iu is FINE for protein synthesis and fat loss, as well as joint relief and anti-aging effects. For the hypertophic effects to really shine, 7iu+ is ideal, but you will still see benefit from even 2iu, IMO.

Back