Trump Timeline ... Trumpocalypse

CAPTAIN BONE-SPURS TO THE RESCUE
https://claytoonz.com/2018/02/26/captain-bone-spurs-to-the-rescue/

When I saw the quote scroll across my news feed, “You don’t know until you test it, but I think, I really believe I would have run in there even if I didn’t have a weapon,” I couldn’t help myself.

Forgive my cynicism, but I don’t have much faith that Donald Trump, Mr. five-deferments, Captain Bone-Spurs, and can’t-criticize-Putin, would go rushing into a shooting situation. Donald Trump has never cared about anything except Donald Trump.

cjones02282018.jpg

CAPTAIN BONE-SPURS TO THE RESCUE
https://claytoonz.com/2018/02/26/captain-bone-spurs-to-the-rescue/

When I saw the quote scroll across my news feed, “You don’t know until you test it, but I think, I really believe I would have run in there even if I didn’t have a weapon,” I couldn’t help myself.

Forgive my cynicism, but I don’t have much faith that Donald Trump, Mr. five-deferments, Captain Bone-Spurs, and can’t-criticize-Putin, would go rushing into a shooting situation. Donald Trump has never cared about anything except Donald Trump.

View attachment 85965

DXAVgneVAAAIog1.jpg

WASHINGTON — The first lady, Melania Trump, has parted ways with an adviser after news about the adviser’s firm reaping $26 million in payments to help plan President Trump’s inauguration.

Stephanie Winston Wolkoff, who has been friends with Mrs. Trump for years, had been working on a contract basis as an unpaid senior adviser to the office of the first lady.

Stephanie Grisham, Mrs. Trump’s spokeswoman, said the office had “severed the gratuitous services contract with Ms. Wolkoff,” who Ms. Grisham said had been employed as “a special government employee” to work on specific projects. “We thank her for her hard work and wish her all the best.”

The contract was terminated last week, according to two people with direct knowledge of the situation.

They said the move was prompted by displeasure from the Trumps over the news, first reported by The New York Times, that a firm created by Ms. Winston Wolkoff was paid nearly $26 million for event planning by a nonprofit group that oversaw Mr. Trump’s inauguration and surrounding events in January 2017.

Mr. Trump, who is notoriously tight with money, was also enraged to learn that Ms. Winston Wolkoff brought on an associate, David Monn, to help plan inaugural events, according to people who spoke to him. Mr. Monn’s firm was paid $3.7 million, according to a tax filing by the nonprofit group, the 58th Presidential Inaugural Committee.

Ms. Grisham said that the first lady “had no involvement” with the inaugural committee and that she “had no knowledge of how funds were spent.”

Ms. Winston Wolkoff, in an email, defended her work on the inauguration, denounced news coverage of it and challenged the characterization that her contract with Mrs. Trump’s office was terminated as a result of the news about payments from the inaugural committee.

“I was informed by the White House counsel’s office that all gratuitous volunteer contracts were ended,” she said.

Another TrumPOS ...

Even a master saleswoman sometimes fails to seal the deal. If Ivanka Trump didn’t learn that lesson before her father became president, she’s learning it now.

“I think it’s a pretty inappropriate question to ask a daughter if she believes the accusers of her father when he’s affirmatively stated there’s no truth to it,” the elder Trump daughter told NBC News on Sunday. Commentators were quick to note that https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-partisan/wp/2018/02/26/ivanka-trumps-chronic-problem/?utm_term=.958be0ed3079 (this is just the reason)nepotism laws exist — so administration officials can’t avoid answering tough questions about their boss by pleading the familial Fifth.

But in Ivanka Trump’s case, this is about more than an institutionalized conflict of interest. It’s about the line Trump has been straddling all her life.

Trump has spent her adulthood trying to sell a specific version of feminism where you’re a family woman first and a working one second. Sure, she’s a successful businesswoman, but she stopped running her brand to move to Washington so her husband could serve in a senior role in the administration. She’s ambitious, and she’s a moneymaker, but “the most important job any woman can have is being a mother,” Trump says with a smile in an old campaign ad for her father.

Trump, in other words, wants to market herself as an avatar of empowerment and of homemaking all at once. The problem is, there are only so many heiresses to massive fortunes married to men who possess fortunes of their own. It’s not so easy to be the perfect mother and the perfect professional at the same time when you don’t have the money to hire help for any of those motherly activities, or when the professional ones require long or inflexible hours.

Perhaps that disconnect explains Trump’s woeful record on women’s rights, despite her rhetoric.

Two things happened over the weekend that complicate our understanding of President Trump’s awareness of Russian interference in the 2016 election.

The first is that Trump was interviewed by Fox News’s Jeanine Pirro. She raised the question of collusion — that is, whether elements of the Trump campaign assisted the Russian effort to influence the results of the 2016 election.

“After 18 months, not any kind of reference to any collusion,” Pirro said.

To which Trump replied:

“That is true, Jeanine. You have all these committees, everybody’s looking. There is no collusion. No phone calls — I had no phone calls, no meetings, no nothing. There is no collusion. I say it all the time. Anybody that asks. There is no collusion.”

For some time, it’s been unclear exactly what Trump means when he says there was “no collusion” (as he https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/politics/wp/2018/01/11/trump-and-the-white-house-have-denied-russian-collusion-more-than-140-times/ (often does)). In January, the New York Times’s Maggie Haberman https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/politics/wp/2018/01/25/trump-repeatedly-says-there-was-no-collusion-but-what-does-that-mean/?utm_term=.d24afa58d4f4 (asked) press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders what exactly was meant when Trump used the term.

“Look,” Sanders replied, “I think he’s stating for himself and to anything that he would be a part of, or know about, or have sanctioned. But that would be something that, again, I think he’s very clearly laid out he and his campaign had nothing to do with.”

To Pirro, Trump used a narrower definition: He himself made no phone calls and had no meetings related to Russian interference.

What that doesn’t cover, though, is whether there was tacit awareness of Russian interference efforts. Was Trump told that the Russians were trying to help him, perhaps even told about specific actions or information, and did nothing?

A review of Trump’s public comments from the database at Factba.se reveals no specific denial by Trump since Election Day that he knew about Russian interference during 2016.