Trump Timeline ... Trumpocalypse

Parsons noted that entertainers are being held to a higher standard than politicians, including President trump

"It's OK to say certain things as an elected official right now that it is not necessarily OK to say as an entertainer, and I find that fascinating," said Parsons, who plays the nerdy Sheldon Cooper on CBS' "The Big Bang Theory.

Parsons noted that entertainers are being held to a higher standard than politicians, including President trump

"It's OK to say certain things as an elected official right now that it is not necessarily OK to say as an entertainer, and I find that fascinating," said Parsons, who plays the nerdy Sheldon Cooper on CBS' "The Big Bang Theory.

if it wasn’t for double standards politicians would have no standards.

what’s wrong with being held to a high standard?

The fine line between corruption and stupidity
TheMoneyIllusion » The fine line between corruption and stupidity

I’ll say this for Trump, he’s far and away the most entertaining president in history. Hardly a day goes by without a new outrage:

Mr Trump said in a tweet at 7.21am US eastern time that he was “looking forward to seeing the employment numbers” which were due for release at 8.30am. His decision to refer to the numbers before the release prompted a backlash, given that he had advance sight of the one of the world’s most market-sensitive pieces of economic data and was discussing it publicly.​

First of all, the jobs report is not one of the most market sensitive pieces of information, it is the most market sensitive. On average, the jobs report moves the bond market more than any other piece of government data. Second, why is any president given this sort of inside information? It increases the chance that the data will leak out before the official release. Third, why is it given to Trump of all people, who has already shown an inability to keep highly confidential information secret?

Asked if the tweet was appropriate, Sarah Sanders, the White House spokeswoman, said that it was. “He didn’t put the numbers out,” she said. The president had been briefed on the number on Thursday night, she said.​

Can I use that excuse if the Feds ever prosecute me for conspiracy to trade on inside information?

Every time I see Sarah Sanders talk I wonder whether she’s actually as clueless as she looks or if she is just pretending to be a moron. I guess we’ll have to wait for her memoir to find out.

Screen-Shot-2018-06-01-at-11.30.20-AM-e1527867078425.png

WHISTLER, British Columbia—Six finance ministers, representing some of the closest allies of the U.S., issued a stern rebuke of the protectionist policies of the administration of President Donald Trump, signaling a deep rift in the relations underpinning the post-World War II trading system.

The ministers of the six non-U.S. members of the Group of Seven industrialized nations—the host Canada, along with France, Germany, the U.K., Italy and Japan—on Saturday issued a joint statement excluding the U.S., and conveying their “unanimous concern and disappointment” with the U.S. decision last week to impose tariffs on steel and aluminum imported from the European Union, Canada and Mexico.

U.S. Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin, speaking to reporters after the meetings, acknowledged the split, saying “there was clearly a consensus from the rest of them” on the issue of trade, adding that he had discussed the meetings on Friday with President Trump. Despite the clash on trade, however, Mr. Mnuchin said: “There were many, many areas, not only do we agree on, we’re completely united on.”

Rarely has the G-7, a club of industrialized nations formed around common interests, issued such strong condemnation of one of its members. Even more unlikely is the fact that the target of the criticism is the U.S., which has done more than any other country to establish the free-trade principles upon which the global economy functions today.

A frequent theme among the non-U.S. members was their distaste over Washington justifying its tariffs on national-security grounds. The White House has said the tariffs imposed last week—25% on steel and 10% on aluminum—were designed to address the role steel imports have played in undermining the viability of the U.S. steel industry, without which the country would have difficulty mobilizing for its defense.

Tump and his lawyers are taking a position that is “Nixon on steroids and stilts.” Trump (per these lawyers) thinks the POTUS is an elected monarch. Fortunately, the Founders did not so design and empower the office.