Trump Timeline ... Trumpocalypse

Two good questions
TheMoneyIllusion » Two good questions

The comment sections of my Trump posts continue to be a cesspool overflowing with alt-right idiocy. One recent commenter suggested that perhaps Soros was funding those KKK groups that support Trump, just to make Trump look bad.

PS. Trump’s proposed fiscal policy is still a populist horror show, which would balloon the national debt. We still don’t know if Trump will back off on that, once his advisers (or Congress) recognize the price tag. So don’t take these comments on the supply-side aspects of Trump’s plan as some sort of endorsement of the overall program. And again, we are still in the speculation stage.

PPS. I hope all those peacenik Trumpistas saw the Bolton for Secretary of State rumors. He probably won’t get the post, but you gotta wonder how his name even came up. The leading name is Giuliani. Maybe somebody told Trump that Bolton is “tough”. Loved Josh Marshall’s reaction:

Screen-Shot-2016-11-15-at-12.32.13-PM.png

PPPS. Hey Trumpistas, don’t say I never do anything for you. Here’s an articleon the working class that you will actually like, showing how out of touch the elites are. As for you elites, it’s a pretty good article, even if you don’t agree with it.

PPPPS. Well doesn’t this inspire confidence:

President-elect Donald Trump has alienated many of the nation’s most senior national security officials and veteran foreign policy experts, leaving him with an apparent shortage of qualified Republicans willing to serve in his administration.

Trump’s transition team — many of whom are relative political outsiders who apparently didn’t realize that President Barack Obama’s entire West Wing staff would have to be replaced — are reportedly scrambling to fill Trump’s transition team before Inauguration Day.​

But at least Trump’s not vindictive towards those who opposed him:

Eliot Cohen, a former State Department officer and Defense Department official who signed the August letter, also said it would not surprise him “in the slightest” if Trump had effectively blacklisted those in the national security community who had spoken out against him.

“If its true, I’ll wear it as a badge of honor, though,” Cohen told Business Insider on Monday. “And you can quote me on that.”

Cohen wrote last week that rather than move to Canada, Americans dismayed by a Trump administration should maintain “constant vigilance” over the US’s free institutions and “say yes” if they’re asked to work for him.

But by Tuesday morning, he’d changed his mind.

“After exchange [with] Trump transition team, changed my recommendation: Stay away,” Cohen tweeted. “They’re angry, arrogant, screaming ‘you LOST!’ Will be ugly.”

The Trump transition team didn’t respond to a request for comment on this story.​

Lovely. Of course none of this matters; Trump will be advised on strategy by his alt-right, self described “Leninist”, who wants to “destroy” the establishment. What could go wrong? Who needs experts? “They got us into this mess.” China did fine during 1966-76 with the experts sent to the countryside to feed pigs.

And how about this:

Retired neurosurgeon Ben Carson, a former 2016 Republican presidential candidate who is an adviser to President-elect Donald Trump, has opted against accepting a Cabinet position in the Trump administration, his spokesman said on Tuesday.

Carson, a popular writer and speaker in conservative circles, has been a close adviser to Trump and is a vice chairman of Trump’s transition team.

He has been mentioned as a possible secretary of health and human services or education.​

“Don’t worry, Trump will be surrounded by experts.”

Facebook fake-news writer: ‘I think Donald Trump is in the White House because of me’
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-intersect/wp/2016/11/17/facebook-fake-news-writer-i-think-donald-trump-is-in-the-white-house-because-of-me/ (Facebook fake-news writer: ‘I think Donald Trump is in the White House because of me’)

You mentioned Trump, and you’ve probably heard the argument, or the concern, that fake news somehow helped him get elected. What do you make of that?

My sites were picked up by Trump supporters all the time. I think Trump is in the White House because of me. His followers don’t fact-check anything — they’ll post everything, believe anything. His campaign manager posted my story about a protester getting paid $3,500 as fact. Like, I made that up. I posted a fake ad on Craigslist.

'We're Not Going Away': Alt-Right Leader On Voice In Trump Administration

Stephen Bannon, Donald Trump's incoming White House chief strategist, used to run the website Breitbart, which he called "the platform for the alt-right." The alt-right has been associated with racism, anti-Semitism and misogyny. Its adherents believe they have a voice in the new administration. NPR's Kelly McEvers talks to Richard Spencer, a white nationalist who coined the term "alt-right."

Make the World Great Again
A photograph shows Donald Trump and Vladimir Putin on a billboard above the words "Let's make the world great again — together."
Russian Billboard Features Trump and Putin

russian-billboard.jpg