Trump Timeline ... Trumpocalypse

WASHINGTON — For years, they have lurked in the web’s dark corners, masking themselves with http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/28/us/pepe-the-frog-is-listed-as-a-hate-symbol-by-the-anti-defamation-league.html (cartoon images) and writing screeds about the demise of white culture under ominous pseudonyms. But on Saturday, in the wake of Donald J. Trump’s surprising election victory, hundreds of his extremist supporters converged on the capital to herald a moment of political ascendance that many had thought to be far away.

In the bowels of the Ronald Reagan Building and International Trade Center, three blocks from the White House, members of the so-called alt-right movementgathered for what they had supposed would be an autopsy to plot their grim future under a Clinton administration. Instead, they celebrated the unexpected march of their white nationalist ideas toward the mainstream, portraying Mr. Trump’s win as validation that the tide had turned in their fight to preserve white culture.

“It’s been an awakening,” Richard B. Spencer, who is credited with coining the term alt-right, said at the gathering on Saturday. “This is what a successful movement looks like.”

The movement has been critical of politicians of all stripes for promoting diversity, immigration and perceived political correctness. Its critics call it a rebranded version of the Ku Klux Klan, promoting anti-Semitism, violence and suppression of minorities.

Intellectual leaders of the movement argue that they are merely trying to realize their desire for a white “ethno-state” where they can be left alone. Mr. Trump, with his divisive language about immigrants and Muslims, has given them hope that these dreams can come true.

How Fake News Goes Viral
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/20/business/media/how-fake-news-spreads.html?

Eric Tucker, a 35-year-old co-founder of a marketing company in Austin, Tex., had just about 40 Twitter followers. But his recent tweet about paid protesters being bused to demonstrations against President-elect Donald J. Trump fueled a nationwide conspiracy theory — one that Mr. Trump joined in promoting.

Mr. Tucker's post was shared at least 16,000 times on Twitter and more than 350,000 times on Facebook. The problem is that Mr. Tucker got it wrong. There were no such buses packed with paid protesters.

But that didn't matter.

Dr. spam bot
I wish he could actually engage in some dialog rather than just putting up tweets. especially when all of them together have like 5% factual information.
I feel that people who are looked to for advice should really try and set a high standard. you can find "news articles" to just about support anything.
I really hope @Michael Scally MD doesn't so freely take any information he reads on the Internet as fact with medical decisions.
I really wish @Michael Scally MD would stop and talk about something meaningful rather than spreading false information.
@Michael Scally MD do you have any idea how many self proclaimed racist are currently in the US according to most recent polls? to my research very few. so can you explain as you have insinuated in previous post how it would even benifit trump to apeal to such a minority?
Do you have any factual information that can actually tie trump to being a racist?
I'm guessing you're only going to be able to use fake or misleading articles on the matter...
It's exactly things like this that ruined this election. the left continued to bring up this type of nonsense during the election cycle and diverted away from almost all meaningful dialog...

I wish he could actually engage in some dialog rather than just putting up tweets. especially when all of them together have like 5% factual information.
I feel that people who are looked to for advice should really try and set a high standard. you can find "news articles" to just about support anything.
I really hope @Michael Scally MD doesn't so freely take any information he reads on the Internet as fact with medical decisions.
I really wish @Michael Scally MD would stop and talk about something meaningful rather than spreading false information.
@Michael Scally MD do you have any idea how many self proclaimed racist are currently in the US according to most recent polls? to my research very few. so can you explain as you have insinuated in previous post how it would even benifit trump to apeal to such a minority?
Do you have any factual information that can actually tie trump to being a racist?
I'm guessing you're only going to be able to use fake or misleading articles on the matter...
It's exactly things like this that ruined this election. the left continued to bring up this type of nonsense during the election cycle and diverted away from almost all meaningful dialog...

You're wasting your time. Reasoned discourse is not his strong suit, at least w.r.t. political maters. I think he believes his own propaganda and considers anyone with a different opinion than his PC one to be uneducated and racist.

You're wasting your time. Reasoned discourse is not his strong suit, at least w.r.t. political maters. I think he believes his own propaganda and considers anyone with a different opinion than his PC one to be uneducated and racist.
Thanks for the heads up. thought maybe i could get him to actually give some facts instead of bullshit, but you're right it's pointless

I know the anti-4th estate and anti-establishment forces in the air are strong nowadays, but sharing articles, insight, commentary by and about award-winning journalists, academics, Nobel prize winners, congressional and world leaders and other influential people published in mainstream news sources like the New York Times, Washington Post, Reuters, etc. is still meaningful and highly relevant to the conversation.

@Michael Scally MD maintains several popular threads on MESO in which he has tirelessly and very regularly shared relevant and meaningful content often spanning months and sometimes years. Whether or not you agree with the content does not change its relevance. There are no bubbles here. I am grateful for his dedication.