Trump Timeline ... Trumpocalypse

PUERTO RICO DEATH TOLL
https://claytoonz.com/2018/08/31/puerto-rico-death-toll/

Mollie Tibbets was a student at the University of Iowa who disappeared on July 18, 2018. Her body was found a month later and the suspect in her murder is a 24-year-old Mexican in this country illegally.

Conservatives have played this up as an argument for Trump’s racist border wall and for stronger anti-immigration policies.

The suspect was an employee at Yarrabee Farms, owned by Craig Lang, a prominent Republican in Iowa. As part of his employment, he was allowed to live rent-free on the farm’s property. The Lang family claimed they had vetted his immigration status through the E-Verify program. After that agency indicated Yarrabee Farms did not subscribe to the E-Verify program, they changed their story and said they had checked with the Social Security Administration and that the immigrant had given them false information on his status.

Donald Trump has played this up, much like he has with the murder of Kate Steinle. Mike Pence and other Republicans have piled on. The Tibbetts family has asked them to stop politicizing it.

Karin Housley, a Republican candidate for the U.S. Senate in Minnesota said, “liberal Democrats are more concerned about protecting criminal aliens than protecting innocent lives like Mollie Tibbetts.” That’s politicizing it. Tibbetts’ cousin told political commentator Candace Owens, “stop being a fucking snake and using my cousin’s death as political propaganda.” Of course, none of these conservatives are attacking the Republicans who illegally employed the accused murderer.

At Mollie’s funeral, her father said, “The Hispanic community are Iowans. They have the same values as Iowans. As far as I’m concerned, they’re Iowans with better food.”

Trump stated, “A person came in from Mexico illegally and killed her. We need the wall, we need our immigration laws changed, we need our border laws changed.” If one death should spark change, then 3,000 should demand it.

When Hurricane Maria hit Puerto Rico, Donald Trump was tweeting about NBA player Steph Curry not wanting to visit the White House. He waited two weeks to visit the island (which he helpfully informed us is “an island surrounded by water”). The two weekends before his visit, he was playing golf. When he finally did visit, he claimed the hurricane only killed 16 people and he threw paper towels at survivors.

It took eleven months for power to be restored to Puerto Rico. You didn’t hear much from Trump on the subject except for how great of a job he did and that any blame should fall on the local leaders.

Trump didn’t pay any attention to Puerto Rico before Maria hit and he hasn’t paid much more since. Trump thought the governor of Puerto Rico was the president of the island. On the day the government raised the death total to nearly 3,000, Trump said, “I think we did a fantastic job in Puerto Rico … I think most of the people in Puerto Rico really appreciate what we’ve done.” Nobody, especially the president of the United States, should believe that 3,000 deaths is a “fantastic” job.

I wouldn’t expect Trump to take blame, but at the very least he could promise to do better. He’d admit the government dropped the ball or didn’t do enough. Instead, in pure Trumpian obtuseness and fashion, he wants credit for a great job that never happened because he’s our “favorite president.” He stated, “it’s been incredible the results that we’ve had with respect to loss of life.” From there, he’s turned it into a culture war as he’s feuded with the mayor of San Juan, who has two qualities of his favorite bullying targets, being Hispanic and female.

We should be outraged by the murder of Mollie Tibbetts. One untimely death is too many. So are 3,000. We should demand change to prevent future deaths from psychopaths.

I suggest we make a change at the top.

cjones09042018.jpg

Even Fox “news” admitting theorangething crossed a line..

Crossing a line? Trump wants heads of CNN, NBC News fired

"A president of the United States using his bully pulpit to demand the firing of corporate executives, simply because he doesn't like their media coverage of him, is unprecedented and troubling." - Howard Kurtz

I guess he's never heard of Abraham Lincoln, or Woodrow Wilson, or several others I can't think of at the moment. Given that presidents have considerably more power than ever before, and given that CNN is absolutely trying to get Trump impeached, I think he has shown amazing restraint. Don't count on that lasting much longer. When the markets (a.k.a. the economy) finally flip there's no guessing what someone in Trump's position is likely to do.

Anyway, here is a nice recap of the lie CNN is standing behind. The reason it's so reprehensible in this case is the claim that Davies wasn't the source (sources claims CNN) led other networks to corroborate the story by asking Davies. Thus multiple networks reported a (false) story as fact based entirely on the word of a single source.

Man accused of stealing teen's MAGA hat indicted by grand jury

LIB TDS sufferer:
“You ain’t supporting s---, n----!” a man identified as Jimenez is heard saying on camera after tossing a large drink in the direction of the teen filming the video. He then walks away with the hat while muttering "b---- a-- motherf------" as one of the other teens sitting at the table appears stunned.

Teen Trump supporter:
"I support my president and, if you don’t, let’s have a conversation about it instead of ripping my hat off. I just think a conversation about politics is more productive for the entire whole rather than taking my hat and yelling subjective words to me.”

Who's the racist triggered one?

can you imagine if mike scully person broke his mouse and couldn’t copy and paste all day every day? that guy is not well. something was off with him. he devotes all his time to copy n paste about trump all day everyday. he has no life. it so sad how Trump has taken over this guys life. must suck to be him and live life with all things trump

Marc Thiessen: Why Trump impeachment dreams are just a little mike fantasy

Marc Thiessen: Why Trump impeachment dreams are just a liberal fantasy

He says if the Dems try to impeach over the (alleged) sex scandal coverups they will be sorry. That may be true, but if the Dems take the House in November as is widely expected, their voters will roast them if they don't move to impeach. They will look bad either way, so my bet is they will impeach and cause as much chaos as possible - not much different than what they are doing now.

ACTIVE MEASURES chronicles the most successful espionage operation in Russian history, the American presidential election of 2016.

Filmmaker Jack Bryan exposes a 30-year history of covert political warfare devised by Vladimir Putin to disrupt, and ultimately control world events.

In the process, the filmmakers follow a trail of money, real estate, mob connections, and on the record confessions to expose an insidious plot that leads directly back to The White House.

With democracy hanging in the balance, ACTIVE MEASURES is essential viewing.

Unraveling the true depth and scope of "the Russia story" as we have come to know it, this film a jarring reminder that some conspiracies hide in plain sight.