Trump Timeline ... Trumpocalypse

NAZIS ARE BAD
https://claytoonz.com/2018/09/11/nazis-are-bad/

Last week during President Obama’s speech in Illinois, I tweeted, “There’s a black guy speaking on TV with total clarity and coherence. What the hell is this shit?” It received a lot of responses from people who miss a president who is eloquent, dignified, doesn’t engage in temper tantrums and childish insults, and can speak in complete sentences. The ability to enunciate probably threw quite a few people off.

Obama took several swipes at Trump’s presidency and asked at one point, “how hard can that be, saying Nazis are bad?”

Trump responded, but not by saying “Nazis are bad.” In fact, according to Bob Woodward’s book, Fear, when Trump finally did make a statement criticizing white supremacists after his speech praising Nazis, he said to then-staff secretary Rob Porter, “That was the biggest f—ing mistake I’ve made. You never make those concessions. You never apologize. I didn’t do anything wrong in the first place. Why look weak? I can’t believe I got forced to do that. That’s the worst speech I’ve ever given. I’m never going to do anything like that again.”

That example may be the biggest difference between Obama and Trump. Obama can say “Nazis are bad.” Trump praises them and later says he didn’t do anything wrong.

Trump claimed he fell asleep during Obama’s speech, which is something he probably does during security briefings. But, the old man who has trouble staying awake if it’s not Fox News must have caught some of it. He was visibly upset over Obama pointing out that this economic recovery began under his watch.

Trump tweeted, “President Trump would need a magic wand to get to 4% GDP,” stated President Obama. I guess I have a magic wand, 4.2%, and we will do MUCH better than this! We have just begun.” Only problem is, Obama never said that.

He also tweeted, “If the Democrats had won the Election in 2016, GDP, which was about 1% and going down, would have been minus 4% instead of up 4.2%.” That is another lie. In fact, the GDP had risen higher under Obama than it ever has under Trump.

Trump retweeted former Congressman Jason Chaffetz who said, “Barack Obama talked a lot about hope, but Donald Trump delivered the American Dream. All the economic indicators, what’s happening overseas, Donald Trump has proven to be far more successful than Barack Obama. President Trump is delivering the American Dream.” Of course, there’s no substance to that and it’s all just Trump booty kissing. Chaffetz, if you recall, said he wouldn’t be able to look his 15-year-old daughter in the eye and explain why he supported Trump after the Access Hollywood tape came out. Nineteen days later, he endorsed Trump. Hopefully for Chaffetz, he’s as good at gaslighting his daughter as Trump is with his supporters.

What Republicans conveniently forget is that they gave us a recession. It may have been the worst since the Great Depression. They also forget that Obama pulled us out of it with them fighting every measure he implemented to improve the economy. Today, they claim how horrible Obama was for the economy while giving Trump credit for the job he did.

Isn’t that just like Republicans? A black guy does a great job and they give the credit to an old white dude. I always ask Trump supporters, if Obama was so bad then why are you taking all the credit for the job he did? They, being gaslighted, are convinced the economic recovery began January 21, 2017.

Republicans are just as bad with facts as they are at saying “Nazis are bad.” But then again, it’s hard to admit when you’re bad.

cjones09152018.jpg

Every day, I inevitably receive some variation of the same message from someone who voted for theorangething:

“You lost dude, deal with it!”—something like that.

It’s a snarky, middle finger attempt to put me and people like me in “my place”

But the truth is, whether they can’t or won’t admit as much right now—they’ve lost too.

This is the irony at work in the wake of the election; that beyond the superficial idea of “their” guy winning, the vast majority of theoragething’s supporters profit nothing from their vote, because outside of himself, Vladimir Putin, and all but the tiniest percentage of the whitest and wealthiest American males—wether they admit it or not , theorangething doesn’t give a damn about them. He is bereft of the slightest concern for their well-being, their safety, or their prosperity, and so they too are losers along with those who did not vote, those who voted for HC, and the whole country.

Convincing strident, boasting, overconfident supporters of theorangething that, despite the cheap emotional lift the election results may have given them, none of us have won; we are all less secure, less protected, and less free.
They’re in the same sinking ship and believing the water isn’t rising around them too.
The quicker they figure it out the faster we can start limiting the damages and begin cleaning this mess .

Enjoy some of the heartfelt words from theorangething about 9/11

September 11, 2001
"40 Wall Street actually was the second-tallest building in downtown Manhattan, and it was actually before the World Trade Center the tallest, and then when they built the World Trade Center it became known as the second-tallest, and now it's the tallest," Trump, then a real estate developer, said in a call to the local television station WWOR just hours after the attack.
"And I just spoke to my people, and they said it's the most unbelievable sight, it's probably seven or eight blocks away from the World Trade Center," Trump continued, "And yet Wall Street is littered with two feet of stone and brick and mortar and steel."
December 2011
"I predicted the 9/11 attack on America in my book 'The America We Deserve' and the collapse of Iraq in @TimeToGetTough," Trump tweeted a few months after the tragedy, seemingly boasting about his foresight and promoting his book published that year.
September 11, 2013
"I would like to extend my best wishes to all, even the haters and losers, on this special date, September 11th," Trump tweeted on the 2-year anniversary.
Trump has not deleted the retweet of his own tweet.
November 2015
"Hey, I watched when the World Trade Center came tumbling down, and I watched in Jersey City, New Jersey, where thousands and thousands of people were cheering as that building was coming down. Thousands of people were cheering," then-presidential candidate Trump said during a rally he held in Birmingham, Alabama.
Trump reiterated his remark later to ABC News and said the cheers came from parts of New Jersey with "large Arab populations." There is no evidence to support his claim of the celebrating in New Jersey.
February 2016
"The World Trade Center came down because Bill Clinton [didn't] kill Osama bin Laden when he had the chance to kill him. And George [W.] Bush—by the way, George Bush had the chance, also, and he didn't listen to the advice of his CIA," Trump said during a Republican presidential debate to bash the former president's brother and candidate Jeb Bush.
February 2016
"I lost hundreds of friends in 9/11," Trump claimed, which if true would mean he knew at least 6 percent of the 2,996 victims.
April 2017
"It's the highest [ratings] for 'Deface the Nation' since the World Trade Center. Since the World Trade Center came down. It's a tremendous advantage," Trump said, bragging that his ratings on cable network shows like CBS's Face the Nation were higher than those on the networks on 9/11

tRUMParanoia ...

Donald Trump Jr. acknowledged in an interview broadcast Tuesday that his father can trust fewer people around him than he would like in the wake of an anonymous op-ed claiming there is a “resistance” within the Trump administration.

“I think there are people in there that he can trust, it’s just — it’s a much smaller group than I would like it to be,” the president’s eldest son said in an interview on ABC’s “Good Morning America.”

Asked whom he trusts, Trump Jr. declined to answer but suggested that family members working in the White House remain in the fold. President Trump’s daughter, Ivanka Trump, and son-in-law, Jared Kushner, are both White House advisers.

“I’m talking outside family. That goes without saying,” Trump Jr. said.

During the ABC interview, Trump Jr. said he believes the op-ed was written by a “low-level person,” and he urged the Justice Department to investigate the author, as his father has suggested.

“This is very low-level person who will throw their name on an op-ed, and basically subvert the vote of the American people who elected my father to do this job,” Trump Jr. said.

Asked whether he thinks any laws were broken, Trump Jr. said: “Listen, I think you’re subverting the will of the people. I mean, to try to control the presidency while not the president. You have millions and millions of Americans who voted for this.”