Trump Timeline ... Trumpocalypse

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Latest on Congress and President Donald Trump’s proposed border wall (all times local):

In a stunning rebuke, the Republican-controlled Senate has voted to terminate President Donald Trump’s declaration of a national emergency at the U.S.-Mexico border.

The Senate voted 59-41 for a resolution to halt Trump’s emergency order. Trump has promised to veto it, and it is unlikely that Congress will have the votes to override him.

There is one story that should be the dominant one but it is getting cursory coverage. The President of the United States warned that if things got bad, he had the military, police & Bikers for Trump ready and waiting. The stuff of dictatorships. Normalized in today’s environment

2. For two years when asked I have given my worst case scenario. Trump is cornered, goes on Fox and Twitter and says “This is a coup attempt by the deep state and Hillary Clinton to steal the election I won fair and square. Take to the streets to preserve our country.”

3. Many do. Most in the military will not. Most police will not. Some will. Bikers for Trump and others will. There are bloody confrontations, w police, radicals on the other side and peaceful counterprotesters. Trump calls a state of emergency and suspends civil liberties.

Of course, this is not a certainty. But as his shocking statement today suggests, it is not beyond his capacity or the willingness of many who follow him. And there is certainly no assurance that all or most elected Republicans in Congress would stand up to him.

Thread by @NormOrnstein: "There is one story that should be the dominant one but it is getting cursory coverage. The President of the United States warned that if thi […]"

A gunman who opened fire inside a New Zealand mosque on Friday appeared to live-stream his attack in a 17-minute video that looked to be recorded on a helmet camera.

The Facebook video began with the man driving up to Masjid Al Noor mosque in the city of Christchurch. After parking his car, the man armed himself with at least one weapon and walked into the mosque, immediately shooting a person in the doorway.

In a 73-page manifesto posted to various sites including Twitter and Scribd that appeared to belong to the gunman, he identified himself as a 28-year-old white man born in Australia and listed white nationalist heroes.

In Sydney, Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison announced Friday that an Australian citizen had been arrested in the mosque shootings.

A gunman who opened fire inside a New Zealand mosque on Friday appeared to live-stream his attack in a 17-minute video that looked to be recorded on a helmet camera.

The Facebook video began with the man driving up to Masjid Al Noor mosque in the city of Christchurch. After parking his car, the man armed himself with at least one weapon and walked into the mosque, immediately shooting a person in the doorway.

In a 73-page manifesto posted to various sites including Twitter and Scribd that appeared to belong to the gunman, he identified himself as a 28-year-old white man born in Australia and listed white nationalist heroes.

In Sydney, Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison announced Friday that an Australian citizen had been arrested in the mosque shootings.

(CNN) North Korea is considering suspension of denuclearization talks with the United States, Deputy Foreign Minister Choe Son Hui told reporters on Friday.

"We have no intention to yield to the US demands [put forward at the Hanoi summit] in any form, nor are we willing to engage in negotiations of this kind," said Choe, according to Russian state news agency TASS, which attended the press event in Pyongyang.

It was the first public statement by a senior North Korean official on the results of the February 27-28 talks between Kim Jong Un and US President Donald Trump in the Vietnamese capital of Hanoi.

[Thread] I have covered the rise of hate crimes against Muslims since 2016. And while this is some of the most horrific footage I've seen, when I was first about the mosque attack in New Zealand— I was not surprised.

I didn't like my reaction, believe me. But, you see, this is the culmination of a long line of increasingly anti-Muslim rhetoric — rhetoric that goes completely unchecked by societies at large.

Last year @HannahAllam and I analyzed and found that Republican officials in 49 states have openly attacked Muslims with words and proposed legislation since 2015, and few have faced repercussions. https://www.buzzfeednews.com/articl...blicans-bashing-muslims-without-repercussions

Thread by @TalalNAnsari: "I have covered the rise of hate crimes against Muslims since 2016. And while this is some of the most horrific footage I've seen, when I was […]"