Trump Timeline ... Trumpocalypse

An Open Letter to Trump Voters from His Top Strategist-Turned-Defector
http://www.xojane.com/issues/stephanie-cegielski-donald-trump-campaign-defector

Even Trump's most trusted advisors didn't expect him to fare this well.

Almost a year ago, recruited for my public relations and public policy expertise, I sat in Trump Tower being told that the goal was to get The Donald to poll in double digits and come in second in delegate count. That was it.

The Trump camp would have been satisfied to see him polling at 12% and taking second place to a candidate who might hold 50%. His candidacy was a protest candidacy.

It pains me to say, but he is the presidential equivalent of Sanjaya onAmerican Idol. http://www.xojane.com/issues/donald-trump-presidential-campaign (President Trump would be President Sanjaya in terms of legitimacy and authority.)

And I am now taking full responsibility for helping create this monster — and reaching out directly to http://www.xojane.com/it-happened-to-me/breaking-up-over-donald-trump (those voters who, like me, wanted Trump to be the real deal.)

How the G.O.P. Elite Lost Its Voters to Donald Trump
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/03/28/us/politics/donald-trump-republican-voters.html

As the Republican Party collapses on itself, conservative leaders struggling to explain Mr. Trump’s appeal have largely seized on his unique qualities as a candidate: his larger-than-life persona, his ability to dominate the airwaves, his tough-sounding if unrealistic policy proposals. Others ascribe Mr. Trump’s rise to the xenophobia and racism of Americans angry over their declining power.

But the story is also one of a party elite that abandoned its most faithful voters, blue-collar white Americans, who faced economic pain and uncertainty over the past decade as the party’s donors, lawmakers and lobbyists prospered. From mobile home parks in Florida and factory towns in Michigan, to Virginia’s coal country, where as many as one in five adults live on Social Security disability payments, disenchanted Republican voters lost faith in the agenda of their party’s leaders.

In dozens of interviews, Republican lawmakers, donors, activists and others described — some with resignation, some with anger — a party that paved the way for a Trump-like figure to steal its base, as it lost touch with less affluent voters and misunderstood their growing anguish.

Who’s Afraid of Donald Trump?
http://blog.dilbert.com/post/141605245101/whos-afraid-of-donald-trump (Scott Adams Blog)

For new readers:

I have already disavowed Donald Trump for being scary. And by that I mean he scares my fellow citizens, which I find unacceptable.

My policy views don’t line up with any of the candidates’ positions, including Trump’s. I don’t vote and I am not a member of a political party. I try to avoid identifying with any political label because doing so would make me biased and less credible.

My interest in Trump is his persuasion skills. I have never seen better.

— start —

A Donald Trump presidency might offer a once-in-a-lifetime chance to fire the government of the United States.

Whatever that means.

If you support Trump, you probably think it means he will remove the influence of big money and make common-sense decisions based on good advice. That sounds like a good thing.

If you are anti-Trump, you probably fear he will acquire too much control and become a crazy racist dictator who declares war on China. For the record, I think that would be a bad thing.

So how would you assess the risk/reward of a Trump presidency? I’ll help you put the question in context, then you decide.

I don't vote or have a political affiliation or a political choice. I personally think the existing climate, republican and democratic parties is a major part of the issue, therefore I want nothing to do with it.

With that being said and done,Trump intrigues me. Simply because he is not bought and paid for. And both republicans and democrats are attacking him. Pope attacks him, Media attacks him..everyone is against him. It makes me believe he has genuine intent for change to occur, and the rest of them are all 100% agenda based bought and paid for. Establishment is scared of him, that much no one can argue.

I don't vote or have a political affiliation or a political choice. I personally think the existing climate, republican and democratic parties is a major part of the issue, therefore I want nothing to do with it.

With that being said and done,Trump intrigues me. Simply because he is not bought and paid for. And both republicans and democrats are attacking him. Pope attacks him, Media attacks him..everyone is against him. It makes me believe he has genuine intent for change to occur, and the rest of them are all 100% agenda based bought and paid for. Establishment is scared of him, that much no one can argue.
Well said and I agree. As an outsider looking in, I think what worries me. Is his inexperience & unpredictability. Not too mention his bigot views.

My candidate would be Elizabeth Warren, but she's not running. She and Bernie are the only ones with the balls to say the large banks should be broken up. Both sides of the aisle agree, but the rest are in the pocket.
Bernie is not bought and paid for. Unrealistic? Probably. But he is a huge wake-up call. Much more than Trump imo. Trump is an entertainer. I think he's funny as shit. He's not remotely qualified to be president, but I think he could get elected.
Can you imagine Putin and Trump negotiating? It could literally be a pissing match.

My candidate would be Elizabeth Warren, but she's not running. She and Bernie are the only ones with the balls to say the large banks should be broken up. Both sides of the aisle agree, but the rest are in the pocket.
Bernie is not bought and paid for. Unrealistic? Probably. But he is a huge wake-up call. Much more than Trump imo. Trump is an entertainer. I think he's funny as shit. He's not remotely qualified to be president, but I think he could get elected.
Can you imagine Putin and Trump negotiating? It could literally be a pissing match.

Putin has come out and stated in Interviews that he likes Trump. And you can see why

Can anyone argue this?

Trump loves America.

Obama hates America. Obama Hates Russia.

Putin loves Russia. Putin loves Americans but hates American Gov't.

Trump Says Abortion Ban Should Carry Punishment for Women
[URL='http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2016-03-30/trump-says-abortion-ban-should-carry-punishment-for-women']Trump Says Abortion Ban Should Carry Punishment for Women

Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump said Wednesday there would “have to be some form of punishment” for women who have abortions if the procedure were outlawed in the U.S.

[/URL]

Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump said Wednesday there would “have to be some form of punishment” for women who have abortions if the procedure were outlawed in the U.S.

You mean women actually should be punished for committing a crime....blasphemy!

I think The Donald is trolling hard these days and putting the GOP on full blast. Turning out to be one hell of an election year in recent memory and that's putting it mildly.

Back