Trump Timeline ... Trumpocalypse

I'm tired of fighting, I had my buddy blow a fuse today about obama spying on Trump I didn't even know what to say. Said I was crazy if I thought obama wasn't spying. This is why I've stayed away from political discussions.

The problem is everyone is angry and on edge. Which is a shame because we are actually doing a lot better than we were 10 12 years ago.

So many people are afraid. Good paying jobs, retirement, bills, medical. That's why Trump was elected. He tapped into people's fear and anger.

That's where Hillary fucked up. The democrats always seem to make things sound better than the actually are. She should of also tapped into people's anger and why we are angry. The bailout for instance.

Unfortunately, trump will use people's fear and anger to only to better himself and his people.

Actually the New York Times did have an article titled "Wiretapped data used in inquiry of Trump aides," That was in the print version of the NYT. The online article had a different headline. I don't believe the NYT or Washington Post said Trump was specifically wiretapped. So technically NYT did mention wiretapping but did not say Trump was wiretapped.

Right, but that's not what trump told people for weeks. He specifically said he read it in The NY Times so he said he believed it.

Which is odd he would believe it because he constantly says the New York Times is nothing but fake news.

He can't even keep his stories and "beliefs" straight.

Right, but that's not what trump told people for weeks. He specifically said he read it in The NY Times so he said he believed it.

Which is odd he would believe it because he constantly says the New York Times is nothing but fake news.

He can't even keep his stories and "beliefs" straight.
Absolutely, he says complete nonsense at times which are indefensible.

If President Trump announces that North Korea launched a missile that landed within 100 miles of Hawaii, would most Americans believe him? Would the rest of the world? We’re not sure, which speaks to the damage that Mr. Trump is doing to his Presidency with his seemingly endless stream of exaggerations, evidence-free accusations, implausible denials and other falsehoods.

The latest example is Mr. Trump’s refusal to back off his Saturday morning tweet of three weeks ago that he had “found out that [Barack] Obama had my ‘wires tapped’ in Trump Tower just before the victory” on Election Day. He has offered no evidence for his claim, and a parade of intelligence officials, senior Republicans and Democrats have since said they have seen no such evidence.

Yet the President clings to his assertion like a drunk to an empty gin bottle, rolling out his press spokesman to make more dubious claims.

Why Objectively False Things Continue to Be Believed
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/22/...to-be-believed.html?smid=tw-nytimes&smtyp=cur

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts,” goes the saying — one that now seems like a relic of simpler times.

Today, President Trump is sticking with his own facts — his claim that the Obama administration wiretapped him during the election — in the face of testimony to the contrary by the F.B.I. director, James Comey.

When asked about the accusations Mr. Trump had made on Twitter, Mr. Comey told a Senate committee on Monday, “I have no information that supports those tweets, and we have looked carefully inside the F.B.I.”

Other government authorities have come to similar conclusions. But Sean Spicer, the White House press secretary, said after the hearing that Mr. Trump stood by his wiretap allegations despite Mr. Comey’s testimony.

Mr. Trump’s claims may appear to his opponents to have been embarrassingly debunked. But social science research suggests that Mr. Trump’s alternative version of reality may appeal to his supporters.

Partisan polarization is now so extreme in the United States that it affects the way that people consume and understand information — the facts they believe, and what events they think are important. The wiretapping allegations could well become part of a partisan narrative that is too powerful to be dispelled.

Mr. Trump, perhaps unconsciously, has grasped a core truth of modern politics: that voters tend to seek out information that fits the story they want to believe, usually one in which members of the other party are the bad guys.