Trump Timeline ... Trumpocalypse

Correction its not valid for republicans.

Chew on this. In mid terms when turnout is lower, that lower turnout favors the gop. Do you disagree?
I haven't studied it enough to say I disagree. I would say that sounds like a generalization with many variables affecting it.
I do enjoy the back and forth but have to go. Todays lesson: Don't be a mechanic and date multiple girls. While the perks are nice, it's a never ending job. Lol

I guess not. See my children worked their way through college and may be "the wealthy"
If things don't change and those who make most of the money continue to have tax breaks and loopholes that allow Romney to pay 13% and trump 0% and lets not forget companies like GE to pay zero, that is going to seriously jeopardize the chances of your children living the kind of lives they deserve.

Congratulations though on your childrens success. They obviously had parents who instilled an understanding that with hard work people should be able to create a life that matches their dreams and hard work.

The problem is we are all sitting in a diner, and for some reason those who can most afford to pay the check for their huge meals are skipping out.

Every person should be automatically registered to vote right at birth IMO (and of course can actually vote when reaching legal age), and it should be a very simple process.
I agree and they should have a id. But that'll never happen because the dems couldn't vote 2-3 times then.

I agree and they should have a id. But that'll never happen because the dems couldn't vote 2-3 times then.
Come on dude just because say most republicans are misinformed fools doesn't mean you should get insulting.

When the Supreme Court decided, in the 1954 case of Brown vs. Board of Education, that segregated public schools were unconstitutional, Tennessee-born economist James McGill Buchanan was horrified. Over the course of the next few decades, the libertarian thinker found comfortable homes at a series of research universities and spent his time articulating a new grand vision of American society, a country in which government would be close to nonexistent, and would have no obligation to provide education—or health care, or old-age support, or food, or housing—to anyone.

This radical vision has become theplaybook for a network of people looking to override democracy in order to shift more money to the wealthiest few, historian and professor at Duke University Nancy MacLean argues in her new book, an intellectual biography of James Buchanan called Democracy in Chains: The Deep History of the Radical Right’s Stealth Plan for America.* Buchanan’s life story, she writes, is “the true origin story of today’s well-heeled radical right.”

[One has to look no further than Meso for the Bro Science [BS]. Just check members posts where they stand.]

'Of All the Categories of Fake News, Health News Is the Worst'
'Of All the Categories of Fake News, Health News Is the Worst'

“Let’s take this back a couple hundred years,” said Brian Southwell, the director of the “Science in the Public Sphere” program at the Center for Communication Science at RTI International. “There was an ongoing debate between a couple guys in Europe: Spinoza and Descartes.”

These two philosophers were debating, essentially, about whether people are able to readily identify fake news.

“Descartes had a lot of optimism about our ability to screen out information that is false,” Southwell said Saturday at the Aspen Ideas Festival, which is co-hosted by the Aspen Institute and The Atlantic. “Spinoza said we accept information wholesale and then with a different part of our brain we tag it as being false or true. That system works fine, but it leaves the door open for distraction, for fatigue, for other things that might get in the way. Recent decades have provided empirical support for the Spinoza account.” http://wjh-www.harvard.edu/~dtg/Gilbert%20et%20al%20(UNBELIEVING).pdf

Recent years—this past year in particular—have shown beyond a shadow of a doubt that, despite Descartes’ faith, people are susceptible to false information and fake news. And while many of the fake news stories that have gotten the most attention had to do with the 2016 U.S. presidential election, fake news about health seems to be more pervasive and harder to weed out.

“A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims... but accomplices” ― George Orwell

Constitutional Rot and Constitutional Crisis
Balkinization

As Sandy Levinson and I have explained, there are three types of constitutional crises.

In Type One crises, political leaders announce that they will no longer abide by the Constitution or laws (for example, because of emergency), or they openly flout judicial orders directed at them.

In Type Two crises, people follow what they believe the Constitution requires, leading to political paralysis or disaster.

In Type Three crises, political disagreement about the Constitution becomes so intense that the struggle goes beyond the bounds of ordinary politics. People take to the streets; there are riots; the military is called out to restore order (or suppress dissent); political figures threaten violence or engage in political violence; or parts of the country revolt and/or attempt to secede,

Constitutional crisis is very rare, and nothing that has yet happened in the Trump Administration -- including the Comey firing-- comes even close. But people are right to think that something important-- and dangerous--is happening to our political institutions. That is why, I think, people so often reach for the term "constitutional crisis" to describe it.

In this essay, I want to introduce a new idea to explain our current predicament. I will distinguish constitutional crisis, which is very rare, from a different phenomenon, which I think better describes what is happening in the United States today. This is the idea of constitutional rot.

Although the Comey firing is not an example of constitutional crisis, it is an example of constitutional rot. For this reason, people are right to worry about it.