Trump Timeline ... Trumpocalypse

Because of the Obama my insurance went up and now costs more than my mortgage. I had to drop insurance and now my wife and my 5 boys have none but my taxes are still making sure the "vulnerable" are covered.

Fuck the vulnerable. It's time we take care of the working people.

If you don't contribute to society I don't want to support you.

FUCK THE LAZY PEOPLE.

Secretary of State Rex Tillerson says President Donald Trump wants him to push forward on diplomacy with North Korea “until the first bomb drops.”

Until?

Tillerson’s comment on CNN’s “State of the Union” program on Sunday apparently weren’t meant literally as a timeline for war, as he preceded that quote by saying, “He has made it clear to me to continue my diplomatic efforts,” and that those efforts “will continue until the first bomb drops.”

[2006] Principles of the American Cargo Cult
https://sites.google.com/site/yourturingtest/principlesoftheamericancargocult

I wrote these principles after reflecting on the content of contemporary newspapers and broadcast media and why that content disquieted me. I saw that I was not disturbed so much by what was written or said as I was by what is not. The tacit assumptions underlying most popular content reflect a worldview that is orthogonal to reality in many ways. By reflecting this skewed weltanschauung, the media reinforces and propagates it.

I call this worldview the American Cargo Cult, after the real New Guinea cargo cults that arose after the second world war. There are four main points, each of which has several elaborating assumptions. I really do think that most Americans believe these things at a deep level, and that these misbeliefs constantly underlie bad arguments in public debate.

I. Ignorance is innocence

Complicated explanations are suspect
· The world is simple, and there must be a simple explanation for everything.

Certainty is strength, doubt is weakness
· Admitting alternatives is undermining one's own belief.
· Changing one's mind means one has wasted the time spent holding the prior opinion.

Your opinion matters as much as anyone else's
· When a person has studied a topic, he has no more real knowledge than you do, just a hidden agenda.

The herd should be followed
· The contemplative lemming gets trampled
· Popular beliefs must be true.
· No bad idea can survive.
· People are generally smart.
· Even if a popular belief doesn't pan out, at least you'll be in the same boat as everyone else.

II. Causality is selectable

All interconnection is apparent
· Otherwise, complicated explanations would be necessary.

The end supports the explanation of the means
· A successful person's explanation of the means of his success is highly credible by the very fact of his success.

You can succeed by emulating the purported behavior of successful people
· This is the key to the cargo cult. To enjoy the success of another, just mimic the rituals he claims to follow.
· Your idol gets the blame if things don't work out, not you.

You have a right to your share
· You get to define your share.
· Your share is the least you will accept without crying injustice.
· Celebrate getting more than your share.

III. It's not your fault

If it's good for you, it's good
· Society is everyone else.

Good intentions suffice
· You can always apologize.

There is no long term
· Don't miss an opportunity.

Consequences are things that happen to others...
· Only you can hold yourself accountable.
· Don't let others make you do that.
· If somebody starts the blame game, you can still win it...
· There are evil people and institutions, and surely one of them is more responsible than you are.

You are not the problem
· An ugly image means a bad mirror.

IV. Death is unnatural

You're special
· Bad things shouldn't happen to you.

Pain is wrong
· Life should not hurt.

Tragedy is a synonym for calamity
· Bad things are never consequences of one's own action or inaction.

There will be justice
· Bad people get punished.
· You, however, will be forgiven.

SEOUL (Reuters) - Propaganda fliers presumed to be from North Korea and calling U.S. President Donald Trump a “mad dog” have turned up across central Seoul, including near the presidential Blue House, according to posts on social media and people who found them.

“Death to old lunatic Trump!” reads one poster, with a North Korean soldier with rifle in hand, crushing what looks to be Trump’s head with his tongue dangling out of his mouth. Near the soldier’s head is the line: “Complete obliteration.”

Another poster shows Trump with the body of a dog being decapitated by an axe. Blood is shown splattered on the axe in the poster, which states: “Let’s behead mad dog Trump for the future of a peaceful and warless world and mankind!”

Both were in color.

It is not difficult to find North Korean propaganda posters in South Korea, usually flown by balloon over the highly fortified demilitarized zone. Military images and anti-U.S. threats are common in North Korea propaganda as Pyongyang demands the United States cease what it says is its preparations for invasion.

But the new series of fliers posted recently on Twitter and other social media target Trump specifically.

Trump last month, in a speech to the United Nations, threatened to “totally destroy” North Korea if needed to defend itself and allies and called the North’s leader Kim Jong Un a “rocket man” on a suicide mission.

“I am pretty sure it came from North Korea by balloon, since the prevailing winds during October have been from north to south and we’ve been getting reports of others finding them throughout Seoul,” said Chad O‘Carroll, managing director of NK News, a Seoul-based news subscription service, who found the leaflets while jogging in central Seoul.

In an apparent jab at Trump’s U.N. speech, one of the propaganda posters featured Trump standing behind a podium with a rocket in his mouth painted with the words “totally destroy North Korea”.

Again, Trump is depicted as a dog with a human face and labeled as “mad dog Trump”.

Men in suits with surprised looks on their faces are shown in the poster saying “He’s gone completely insane” and “If we let him be, there will be war”.

“The masses have never thirsted after truth. They turn aside from evidence that is not to their taste, preferring to deify error, if error seduce them. Whoever can supply them with illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim. An individual in a crowd is a grain of sand amid other grains of sand, which the wind stirs up at will.”
― Gustave Le Bon

An old proverb says a leader with no followers is “only taking a walk.”

If that’s the case, then the strutting President Trump has turned his presidency into a very lonely walk.

A Morning Consult poll released last week found Trump losing support in states he easily carried last year. He is down 23 points in Tennessee since his inauguration in January; down 21 points in Mississippi; down 20 in Kentucky; down 19 in Kansas; and down 17 in Indiana.

Overall, 55 percent of the country disapproves of the job he is doing as president, according the most recent Real Clear Politics average. At the three-quarter mark of his first year in office, Trump is the least popular new president in history.

On Capitol Hill, House and Senate Republicans are also walking away from Trump.

“The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the convinced Communist, but people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction (i.e. the reality of experience) and the distinction between true and false (i.e. the standards of thoughts) no longer exist.” – Hannah Arendt, The Origins of Totalitarianism (p. 474)

Trumplings, TrumpTards, TrumpMesos ...

(CNN)On Saturday October 7, the day the body of 25-year-old Army Sgt. La David Johnson was returned to Dover Air Force Base after he was killed in an ISIS ambush in Niger, President Donald Trump was golfing. It's not known if the President ever planned to attend the return of remains ceremony at Dover as he has in the past. But since the ambush on October 4 in Niger, he has not commented publicly on the deadliest combat incident involving US troops since he took office.

White House Press Secretary Sarah Sanders did address the deaths on October 5, saying "our thoughts and prayers are with the families and friends of the fallen service members who made the ultimate sacrifice in the defense of the freedoms we hold so dear."

The Pentagon has not provided a detailed accounting of the ambush by 50 ISIS affiliated fighters which left four US soldiers dead and two wounded and has said the incident remains under investigation. But CNN has talked to half a dozen US officials who describe details of the chaos and confusion which led to the troops being left on the ground for nearly an hour before help could get to the remote area of southwestern Niger where they were operating. In addition, officials still do not know how Johnson became separated from the party only for his body to be recovered nearly 48 hours later.

Wake The Fuck Up ...

The Trump administration is set to roll out a new analysis on Monday that supposedly demonstrates that President Trump’s proposed tax plan would ultimately boost middle-class incomes by thousands of dollars. This is based on the notion that corporations will pass their tax savings under Trump’s plan on to workers, something that other researchers doubt. In reality, this line of argument is really meant to mask the fact that Trump’s tax framework — which Republicans are working on in Congress — would lavish most of its benefits on the very highest earners.

Trump allies and Republicans are so desperate to pass this tax plan that they’re also doubling down on another strange argument: If Republicans don’t get this plan passed, their majority in Congress is doomed — and with it, so is the Trump agenda. Sen. Lindsey O. Graham (R-S.C.) pushed this line yesterday on “Face the Nation,” arguing that if Republicans don’t pass tax reform, “we’re dead.”

But these two lines of argument, when taken together, actually illustrate just how deep the scamming around these matters really runs. In fact, the scamming is so out of control that it has taken on a life of its own, and it is hard to keep track of all of its various components at this point.

Here is the story line we are being asked to believe. Former Trump strategist Stephen K. Bannon is promoting primary challengers against Senate GOP incumbents, arguing that the GOP establishment has diverted from the “populist economic nationalist” agenda that powered Trump’s victory. Republicans lament that this constitutes a serious threat to both the GOP and Trump — and now they’re saying that passing the tax cuts is the only way to ward off that threat.

Graham, for instance, says that if the tax plan doesn’t pass, “all” of the Senate Republican incumbents targeted by Bannon’s challengers will lose, and Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) is finished as GOP leader. Vice President Pence https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/powerpost/paloma/daily-202/2017/10/16/daily-202-trump-s-attacks-on-senate-republicans-are-paying-political-dividends/59e4262630fb041a74e75d99/?tid=ss_tw&utm_term=.7edb7bb487dc (claims) that if tax reform fails, “the future of this Congress” and “our entire agenda” — the Trump agenda — will fail with it.

Really? The only conceivable way for the GOP to save itself from the “economic populist” ferment among GOP voters is to pass an enormous tax cut for the wealthy and corporations? Can someone explain why we are supposed to believe this?