Trump Timeline ... Trumpocalypse

Comey says Trump tried to get him to drop the investigation of Michael Flynn. Trump says Comey is lying. Does anyone believe Trump when he says Comey is lying?

I haven’t checked into this thread in a minute. I just skimmed through 25 pages and not one fucking rebuttal from all the fair weather Trump supporters.
Lol, and so many of you were running your mouths a year ago and now crickets.
Dare I say I told you so!
Where’s that wall, where the tax breaks for the middle and lower class. How’s that trumpcare treating you?
Cmon y’all you know who you are.
Lmao, Represent! :p

I haven’t checked into this thread in a minute. I just skimmed through 25 pages and not one fucking rebuttal from all the fair weather Trump supporters.
Lol, and so many of you were running your mouths a year ago and now crickets.
Dare I say I told you so!
Where’s that wall, where the tax breaks for the middle and lower class. How’s that trumpcare treating you?
Cmon y’all you know who you are.
Lmao, Represent! :p

I don't care about any of those things, but I did promote Trump during the election as a means to impede the establishment and their pathetic selection of an opponent.

So far, he isn't trying to rekindle the cold war, and we now know he was trying to mitigate the damage done by the previous administration even before he was inaugurated. Had the other side won, things would be very very different. If he manages to establish some trade dependencies with the establishment's cold war targets before he's impeached, assassinated or voted out, I will be very pleased.

His domestic policies are no better or worse than anything I would expect from any other executive. That is to say the steady destruction of economies and cultures continues unabated. His supposed nationalist veneer wore off before he even took office, and he packed his cabinet with swamp creatures. I suppose Hillary might have been slightly worse, since she would be pushing the post modernist ideology Trudeau style and wreaking havoc everywhere. Well that and the fact I would have to see her evil face every time I checked the news.

Is the charge of “President Trump is an authoritarian” over-the-top? Is the charge of “Trump is causing permanent damage to government” shrill? Is the charge of “Trump is threatening the very democracy of the United States” a fever dream? Let us pause to ponder.

It’s clear what Trump thinks. He thinks that if he says something, it is true. He thinks that if he does something, it is the best. He thinks that if someone gets in his way, that person must be punished. He thinks that if there are restraints on his power, they are illegitimate. That’s his side of the ledger. The only thing that distinguishes this thinking from dictatorship is that he doesn’t actually have dictatorial power. Yet.

There are still some restraints. Let’s look at those. The opposing party: Oops, it has no power. His own party: Republicans have made a fair bit of noise strutting and fretting on the political stage about keeping Trump in check, yet most of them, and recently nearly all of them, have collapsed and capitulated. The tax bill they just passed, a burlesque of terrible policy, is opposed by voters and punishing to them. It was opposed by economists who are as ignored as every other scientist in American policy today. Yet a mangled, hastily edited form of it was greenlighted through the Senate in the wee hours of the weekend. How did that come to pass, so to speak? Because the Republican Party has been involved in a self-corrupting project for some years now, and Trump is merely the somewhat premature fulfillment of the party’s trajectory.

So if you eliminate both parties as possible checks on him, what’s left? Oh yes, “The Institutions!” Where are those heroic institutions when you need them anyway? Turns out a lot of those institutions turn out to be nothing more than norms. Oops. Trump has done away with those! But there are offices and departments, are there not? Uh-oh! Trump has been replacing the PEOPLE in those offices and departments with people who are loyal — to him, not to the institutions. There are the laws, still, aren’t there? Ahem. Laws do not enforce themselves. James Comey was working on law enforcement, and Trump fired him for it. Bam! And he stayed good and fired. Robert S. Mueller III is trying to enforce some laws, too, and people wonder whether he will be fired as well. And if somehow he isn’t fired and presents charges against Trump, then what?

Trump has just floated a breathtaking defense that he can’t be charged with obstructing the laws, because he is in charge of the laws. And who’s to argue? The courts? Have you been watching how fast Trump has been appointing judges? Judges whom he expects to be loyal to him? And if there are grounds for impeachment (which there already are)? Look out. Impeachment is controlled by the House (led by Republicans) and conviction by the Senate (led by Republicans). Will Republicans put American government ahead of their own power? See above.

Yes, this is how close we have danced to the edge. If we can hold out until next November, voters — the last backstop in this roster — may save the day. If voting against Trump isn’t legally redefined as voter fraud before we get there.

President Trump, his lawyers and his political team are telegraphing with increasing precision their strategy for fighting any charges against the president in the unfolding Russia investigation:

1. Wishful thinking: Cooperate with special counsel Bob Mueller, and tell Trump everything is fine. White House lawyer Ty Cobb continues to argue that the facts will be fine for the president, and that Mueller's probe will wrap up "shortly after the first of the year absent some unforeseen delay."

Trump often buys this, and it's partly what keeps aides sane: They know charges may come, but the happy talk gives them hope.

Aides know Mueller would not hire a team of prosecutorial "killers," and give Mike Flynn a break, unless bigger game was in clear range. But the aides point out that Trump has spent most of his adult life in litigation. He erupts in 30-second bursts but usually settles down.

2. Fight: Trump's lawyers will argue Trump either did not violate any law — or, even if it appears he did, that the president, because of his broad power, cannot be charged and should not be impeached.

Trump lawyer John Dowd told me the president cannot be charged for obstruction of justice.

Jay Sekulow, another member of the president's legal team, told The New Yorker that Trump can't be charged with a crime that doesn't exist: "For something to be a crime, there has to be a statute that you claim is being violated ... There is not a statute that refers to criminal collusion. There is no crime of collusion."

3. Fog: This part of the plan has been in full motion for many months: The Trump fog machine blows daily. The idea is to taint the prosecutor, the FBI, the process, the media, the Democrats, the critics. Trump is playing not for a court, per se, but the court of public opinion — and, more importantly, the court of House Republican opinion.

Worth noting: Look how many Republicans came around to the president's way of thinking on Russia, and more recently Roy Moore. His power over Republicans is formidable, and flows from popularity among the base. He knows this and exploits it.

4. Fudge: Trump and his legal team need to muddy things that might seem clear. Case in point: the Trump tweet in which he appears to admit knowing Flynn lied to the FBI. Not only did Dowd claim he drafted the tweet, but staff leaked word that other tweets were written by people other than Trump. How convenient.

The Kremlin-backed Russian Internet Research Agency operated dozens of Twitter accounts masquerading as local American news sources that collectively garnered more than half-a-million followers. More than 100 news outlets also published stories containing those handles in the run-up to the election, and some of them were even tweeted by a top presidential aide. These news imposter accounts, which are part of the 2,752 now-suspended accounts that Twitter Inc. has publicly disclosed to be tied to the IRA, show how the Russian group sought to build local communities of followers to disseminate messages.

Many of the news imposter accounts amassed their following by tweeting headlines from real news sites, while others sought to represent certain communities. They targeted a diverse set of regions across the political spectrum, including Chicago, Los Angeles, Seattle, San Francisco and Boston. Several of the accounts were impersonating local news outlets in swing states, like @TodayPittsburgh, @TodayMiami and @TodayCincinnati.

There were about 40 news imposter accounts out of the 2,752 Twitter accounts that the company identified as being tied to the IRA. Twitter has deactivated all of those accounts and removed any data on the accounts from third-party sources. Information on the details of the accounts was gathered from Meltwater, a data intelligence firm that monitors social media. Details on the contents of the tweets are from Facebook posts that were synced with the users’ Twitter accounts. Some of the followers of the accounts could be bots, and the same bots or users could have followed multiple imposter accounts.

Twitter did not verify any of the 2,752 accounts, according to a company spokeswoman. Twitter says it's taking steps to stop malicious actors on its platform.

The risk of a US military confrontation with North Korea, coupled with President Donald Trump’s increasingly peculiar behavior, has put official Washington on edge. To put it bluntly: the worry is that a mentally deranged president might lead the US into a nuclear war.

The risk of a US military confrontation with North Korea, coupled with President Donald Trump’s increasingly peculiar behavior, has put official Washington on edge. To put it bluntly: the worry is that a mentally deranged president might lead the US into a nuclear war.
It's infuriating that the last u.s. president was spineless, (or intentionally did ) and allowed the United States to get in this position with North Korea. This should have definitely been dealt with in the last eight years prior to Trump getting in. This could have been easily handled five or six years ago. Now we are in a mess. Esther let the psychopath Kim, build more and more sophisticated weapons. Or possibly start a nuclear war.

But of course you don't have an opinion on what should be done. You're the harmless cartoon man.

Mrhat