Trying to up bench

Discussion in 'Training Forum' started by anonynmous39596706, Sep 5, 2015.

1. I did it like you laid out except on the 325 the guy spotting me touched the bar. I don't know how much assistance he added so I did the 325 a second time. I was a little nervous about being able to get the last set of 225x8, but it actually felt easy and I probably could have gotten 10. It all felt pretty easy today. Will try and get a video on Saturday. Thank you very much

MindlessWork likes this.
  2. Masters Power

Masters Power Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

Nice work. You have it moving in the right direction. Ride the wave up to 350 and beyond.

MindlessWork and Wreck it Ralph like this.
  3. Haunch

Haunch Member

All those dam mirrors in the gym make it impossible to focus on what I'm doing. Can see the tight asses from every angle and I'm really trying to turn my head

MindlessWork likes this.
  4. MindlessWork

MindlessWork Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

I share the trepidation you had, when I went to 245 from 225 and i got it for a double. 275 got for a single. Hopefully this is a good sign :)

Keep moving you will hit 4 plates within a year :)

ebkallday likes this.
  5. Sorry for the late reply. Life is busy right now. But no matter, MP took care of you with some great advice.

Did you try bracing harder? If so, what was the outcome?

MindlessWork likes this.
  6. I was bracing harder on the lighter lifts. To tell the truth I was just concentrating on not crushing myself on the 325. I probably was much tighter then usual because it is starting to become second nature. I am lowering the bar much slower and making sure there is a slight stop with no bounce at the bottom. I feel I have a lot more control now.

Thanks for all the help. I want to enter a comp as soon as I can hit higher numbers.

insertnamehere and MindlessWork like this.
  7. Four plates before my 55th birthday would be a huge accomplishment. That's fourteen months.

8. MindlessWork

But definitely doable.

Wreck it Ralph likes this.
  9. jaymaximus

jaymaximus Member

405 at anytime is awesome. At 55 its insane. Im in on this bro. Trying to get there myself. Keep us posted...

10. I got to keep taking my Mexican Vitamins and I should get there

MindlessWork and jaymaximus like this.
  11. MindlessWork

Get them from DavidSlaton2015? :D

Wreck it Ralph likes this.
  12. New video. I did the same sets and reps building up to it as last time. It sucks so bad I don't know what to say but sorry for the assault on your eyes. I don't think one thing went right except the fact that I did not crush myself.

Seven and MindlessWork like this.
  13. MindlessWork

Sloppy but you did manage not to crush yourself...you'll get it soon enough :)

I tried 295 Friday...nearly crushed myself with that one so you aren't alone ;)

14. What I lack in technique I make up in shear determination. I instructed my spotter not to touch the bar after the liftoff. If I don't get it I want to die with dignity.

jaymaximus and MindlessWork like this.
  15. MindlessWork

You are a fighter brother...make the weight your bitch. Will be a fight but you'll win in the end!

16. jaymaximus

jaymaximus Member

Lmao. I did the same thing saturday with 375. Spotter touched it and I got mad.

Ive found if i put a little more weight on and fail I can hit my goal weight sometimes. So for 325 do a apotted attempt at 335 (dont waste all your energy) and try 325

MindlessWork likes this.
  17. Your hitting 375?

18. jaymaximus

jaymaximus Member

I did saturday. Just 1 rep. That Halo put me over the top... its a helluva drug

MindlessWork likes this.
  19. jaymaximus

jaymaximus Member

Dom will help you get right. Finally some GOOD advice

Wreck it Ralph and MindlessWork like this.
  20. MindlessWork

Gotta like Dom, he's hilarious yet gives great advice. Watching his videos is worth it.