Water Retention Caused by Testosterone May Have Nothing to Do with Estradiol

ive crashed my estrogen a handful of times on purpose to see if it would reduce my water retention. it doesn't. I also hold way more water on test E compared to prop. My first time running Test E my size ramped up fast, way faster than on Prop, which lead me to believe that the more steady state release of long esters was superior to building muscle. I was wrong, it's just because Test E makes you hold more water

Currently i'm thinking about doing 100mg Prop EOD. according to steroid plotter it's gonna yield some pretty huge upticks and downswings, huge fluctuations apparently with EOD dosing on prop. but daily injections are downright tedious, and Test E and C are equally as tedious because of the water retention.

Oddly enough people used to say Sustanon was less bloaty than Test E and C, but the current sentiment today is that sustanon makes you hold the most water? I wonder what changed peoples view on sust
When I dropped my e2 I was legit drinking water and pissing it out within an hour and felt dry. That feeling when you’re dehydrated When you move your hands and they’re skin tight.

Just a difference in side effects.

When I dropped my e2 I was legit drinking water and pissing it out within an hour and felt dry. That feeling when you’re dehydrated When you move your hands and they’re skin tight.

Just a difference in side effects.
what AI did you use? ive only used arimidex and it can drop my E2 down to where i feel like crap, but doesnt do shit in terms of water retention for me

Saying a AI doesn’t reduce bloat for you doesn’t mean they don’t work for the vast majority. AI ime are the best weapon to reduce bloat.

Why do we only get bloat from compounds that aromatize? Try running a non aromatizing compounds solo and you will notice the opposite effect.

Saying a AI doesn’t reduce bloat for you doesn’t mean they don’t work for the vast majority. AI ime are the best weapon to reduce bloat.

Why do we only get bloat from compounds that aromatize? Try running a non aromatizing compounds solo and you will notice the opposite effect.
whats your go to AI ?

ive crashed my estrogen a handful of times on purpose to see if it would reduce my water retention. it doesn't. I also hold way more water on test E compared to prop. My first time running Test E my size ramped up fast, way faster than on Prop, which lead me to believe that the more steady state release of long esters was superior to building muscle. I was wrong, it's just because Test E makes you hold more water

Currently i'm thinking about doing 100mg Prop EOD. according to steroid plotter it's gonna yield some pretty huge upticks and downswings, huge fluctuations apparently with EOD dosing on prop. but daily injections are downright tedious, and Test E and C are equally as tedious because of the water retention.

Oddly enough people used to say Sustanon was less bloaty than Test E and C, but the current sentiment today is that sustanon makes you hold the most water? I wonder what changed peoples view on sust
I make the use of testosterone short ester(Test P) just what every day to do. Maybe I'm just very lazy or just don't like injections. Although, in general, I am satisfied with how the combination of Test C and oxandrolone worked.

you think theres any difference between E vs C?
As far as I remember, according to the protocol of work, they have a difference in the length of the work of the ether for one day. And so one broadcast was originally in the USA Test C, and the other in Europe TEST E .

I think it’s 90% diet related and 10% hormone related.

I noticed pinning eod on prop that I was way tighter compared to running E. Again this could have been diet related too as I was much more seasoned running prop than my first cycle of E. I let me e2 run 40s-50s on cycle. DIDNT notice much of a change in water retention when I accidentally crashed my e2.

When my e2 was 100 I noticed bloat but. Sounds like you can add potassium to your diet to negate the potassium secretion or am I wrong and it will continue to just get rid of it?

I’d try pinning E eod to see what happens but can’t be asked to be a pin cushion. Maybe when I’m cruising and using slin pins if I’m lean enough
Daily micro doses of Cyp or E via insulin syringe is so simple and effective. I rarely feel the 1/2” x 29g pin and it’s just part of my nightly shower routine for many years now.

I'm in the same boat. AI helps to some degree, But there's still some water retention. Even when I crash my e2 with letro.
I've been researching this topic for few years now and tried everything to eliminate testosterone only cycle water retention.
AIs, serms, progesterone, diuretics etc.

What really works for me is Eplerenone.
It's an aldosterone antagonist, similar to spironolactone but without antiandrogenic properties.

I've been taking EP for 18 days now and after 2-3 days it eliminated all water under my skin .
I'm on a mini blast (350mg test e per week) and no AI. At this dose I need 12.5mg asin a day or I hold lot's of water even on a extremely strict diet (only side effect I get from high e2 is water retention) , but this time I'm not taking any and it seems EP is taking care of water retention.

I'm in the same boat. AI helps to some degree, But there's still some water retention. Even when I crash my e2 with letro.
I've been researching this topic for few years now and tried everything to eliminate testosterone only cycle water retention.
AIs, serms, progesterone, diuretics etc.

What really works for me is Eplerenone.
It's an aldosterone antagonist, similar to spironolactone but without antiandrogenic properties.

I've been taking EP for 18 days now and after 2-3 days it eliminated all water under my skin .
I'm on a mini blast (350mg test e per week) and no AI. At this dose I need 12.5mg asin a day or I hold lot's of water even on a extremely strict diet (only side effect I get from high e2 is water retention) , but this time I'm not taking any and it seems EP is taking care of water retention.
Interesting. I thought they all block androgens. Does it have any downsides or side effects for you? Are you taking 25 or 50mg? Are you on an ARB too? Both seem to cause hyperkalemia.

Interesting. I thought they all block androgens. Does it have any downsides or side effects for you? Are you taking 25 or 50mg? Are you on an ARB too? Both seem to cause hyperkalemia.
Eplerenone has less affinity for androgen and progesterone receptors compared to Spironolactone.

I take 12.5mg on most days, 25mg if I pig out once in a while.

No side effect yet/ I'm not taking ARB or ACE inhibitor. (Took losartan for few weeks but it didn't do shit for water retention).

Yes both are potassium sparing diuretics so I highly recommend to measure potassium levels before/ few weeks after starting EP.

I’ll add my own anecdotal experience to the thread. I experience a fair amount of water retention on my cruise dose of 200mg test, most noticeable in my face. This is with estrogen controlled to levels of 32-38 on my lab scale (top/just beyond normal range) with an AI.

When I added an everyday ARB at a modest dose (for cardioprotection), I saw no change in water retention.

I later experimented with adding a low dose MCRA, and this noticeably reduced my bloat such that my face sharpened up. Others in my life noticed this and commented. This seems to support the author’s hypothesis, but I don’t know I’d run an MCRA year round just to cut some bloat and look sharper.
Ok so more anecdotal here.
I have been on 200mg cyp trt and it absolutely causes bloat for about 5-6 days which is why I have opted to inject once weekly rather than 3 times per week for more stable blood levels. Now I have included 150mg tren/wk and I have noticed zero extra bloat. Absolutely none. My face is red and I look like an alcoholic psychopath but no extra bloat.
Also after TWO WEEKS of tren I have had an increase in libido, major strength increase and an overall feeling of well being.
These were the issues I was trying to solve with trt cyp. Cypionate for 2 years did nothing for my low test symptoms. Tren literally solved most of my issues in two weeks. So I would like recommendations here. I do think using trenbolone over cypionate as my trt is a mistake, but the only way cypionate even remotely helped my issues was @ 600mg/wk.
It still came nowhere near tren at 150mg. Plus at 600mg cyp. my face makes me look like the god damned stay puft marshmallow man. What are my options?
Water weight is the least of my issues. Try no hard-ons for 6 years UNTIL I got on trenbolone 2 weeks ago. Now I get spontaneous erections. Has it "solved" that issue? No. But it sure as fuck helped the issue.
Waking up with morning wood is truly something I took for granted, not to mention boners.
Forgot to mention I'm only eating one- 32oz carton of egg whites and one 24oz carton of full fat cottage cheese along with just enough protein to keep me at maintenance. No extra salt.

Last edited:
Back