Water Retention Caused by Testosterone May Have Nothing to Do with Estradiol

I'm in the same boat. AI helps to some degree, But there's still some water retention. Even when I crash my e2 with letro.
I've been researching this topic for few years now and tried everything to eliminate testosterone only cycle water retention.
AIs, serms, progesterone, diuretics etc.

What really works for me is Eplerenone.
It's an aldosterone antagonist, similar to spironolactone but without antiandrogenic properties.

I've been taking EP for 18 days now and after 2-3 days it eliminated all water under my skin .
I'm on a mini blast (350mg test e per week) and no AI. At this dose I need 12.5mg asin a day or I hold lot's of water even on a extremely strict diet (only side effect I get from high e2 is water retention) , but this time I'm not taking any and it seems EP is taking care of water retention.
I think water retention is more individual, more precisely how long it will linger. Lies of course between the size of the dose and how the body reacts.

I think it’s 90% diet related and 10% hormone related.

I noticed pinning eod on prop that I was way tighter compared to running E. Again this could have been diet related too as I was much more seasoned running prop than my first cycle of E. I let me e2 run 40s-50s on cycle. DIDNT notice much of a change in water retention when I accidentally crashed my e2.

When my e2 was 100 I noticed bloat but. Sounds like you can add potassium to your diet to negate the potassium secretion or am I wrong and it will continue to just get rid of it?

I’d try pinning E eod to see what happens but can’t be asked to be a pin cushion. Maybe when I’m cruising and using slin pins if I’m lean enough
More like 90% hormone-related.
When I add pregnenolone and progesterone, I completely shed water, no matter what I eat.

I doubt very much that it will work like that, well, I doubt it very much. But it's your right to do what you want.
There is nothing to doubt, that's how it works on myself and how it has been working for the past two years.
What you can doubt is whether you will have the same results as me. Only one way to know: try it.

Would micronized progesterone work? Or do you inject it. Can you explain further what I'd need to aquire to test this out myself
Any progesterone powder works, micronized or not.
I take 30mg under the tongue, twice a day, along with 50mg pregnenolone twice a day.

Progesterone down regulate ERs and at the same time it competes with androgens for ARs, so it's both anti androgen/anti estrogen (someone correct me if I'm wrong).
I tried progesterone few times. Different types/doses off and on cycle.
Result?
Horrible depression, bloated stomach and consitipation.

Last edited:
There is nothing to doubt, that's how it works on myself and how it has been working for the past two years.
What you can doubt is whether you will have the same results as me. Only one way to know: try it.
I doubt it, because I don't understand how it works at the theoretical level.

Progesterone down regulate ERs and at the same time it competes with androgens for ARs, so it's both anti androgen/anti estrogen (someone correct me if I'm wrong).
I tried progesterone few times. Different types/doses off and on cycle.
Result?
Horrible depression, bloated stomach and consitipation.
I would call this state I do not want to live.

Progesterone competes with androgens for ARs
I also thought it was the case, and have been looking for a long time for studies showing this on NCBI, but couldn't find one.
I would welcome anything you find on the subject.

Coming in with the fresh takes on how to manage water retention:

TUDCA = Healthy liver/less water retention
Ashwagandha = Mandatory if using Tren for Thyroid health
Hawthorne berry + fish oil = Blood pressure control
Cardio = Mandatory

Last edited:
Eplerenone has less affinity for androgen and progesterone receptors compared to Spironolactone.

I take 12.5mg on most days, 25mg if I pig out once in a while.

No side effect yet/ I'm not taking ARB or ACE inhibitor. (Took losartan for few weeks but it didn't do shit for water retention).

Yes both are potassium sparing diuretics so I highly recommend to measure potassium levels before/ few weeks after starting EP.
do you take it before a meal or after? morning or evening?

I'm in the same boat. AI helps to some degree, But there's still some water retention. Even when I crash my e2 with letro.
I've been researching this topic for few years now and tried everything to eliminate testosterone only cycle water retention.
AIs, serms, progesterone, diuretics etc.

What really works for me is Eplerenone.
It's an aldosterone antagonist, similar to spironolactone but without antiandrogenic properties.

I've been taking EP for 18 days now and after 2-3 days it eliminated all water under my skin .
I'm on a mini blast (350mg test e per week) and no AI. At this dose I need 12.5mg asin a day or I hold lot's of water even on a extremely strict diet (only side effect I get from high e2 is water retention) , but this time I'm not taking any and it seems EP is taking care of water retention.
How sustainable is this? can it be run long term?

I'd also be curious to know more about the MCRA that D rogers mentioned earlier in the thread, but he no longer seems to be active on the board

Eplerenone has less affinity for androgen and progesterone receptors compared to Spironolactone.

I take 12.5mg on most days, 25mg if I pig out once in a while.

No side effect yet/ I'm not taking ARB or ACE inhibitor. (Took losartan for few weeks but it didn't do shit for water retention).

Yes both are potassium sparing diuretics so I highly recommend to measure potassium levels before/ few weeks after starting EP.
On empty stomach or after a meal?

Back