What does the color of our SNOT tell us?

BBC3

10+ Year Member
As I am currently stricken with this year's "Back to School Special", or AKA Bacterial Sinus Infection, I ponder. The follow are all QUESTIONS presenting as INVITING input from all regardless of the appearance of the script - as usual..

And from a hormonal standpoint. Did you know that beyond your primary nasal cavity, you have PARASINUS CAVITIES!! There are several groups of them ranging from behind your cheeks and over your upper tooth roots, to behind the eyes and PRETTY DAMN ADJACENT THE PITUITARY.. Hmmm. Anyway, they are apparently connected to the "Main Chamber" by tiny passage ways which can clogg simply be minor hisamine inflammation, bacteria proliferation, and excess mucus activity as related. But these appear to be fairly important and even have specific blood path connections which actually do become influential as brain path in ways, and have the obvious potential of interacting with the environment at a slower rate than the main area you think of as a hole in your face behind your nose. They are stated as "Humidifiers" of inhaled air, open chambers that "lighten the skull" and even influce vocal dynamics emitted in speech harmonics, and they appear to even be quite a medical mystery STILL, but stated as having very important relative funtion and purpose possible involving evolutionary implications and animal type sensory involvement. I wonder if they have ever approached pituitary surgical action through the sinus and parasinus? Just how firectly connected are the blood paths to these areas, and what conditions (nasal or brain) may change this either way?

PREFACE:
1. So I speculate that clear mucus discharge is normal, and production levels may be expedited by the introduction of foreign substance, any substance and relative the quantity and action of such.
2. Logically then, and with the first stage of a sinus infection being yellow, would this be the natural color of the healthy form of a common bacteria sinus invader?
3. Green - the clear and obvious sign that full bacterial infection is in progress. But does Green tell us more? Does this color indicated that the bacteria are now not being expelled in a timely manner, so now the green is an indication of DEAD bacterial bodies? Is this a tell that not only are they not being cleared quickly enough, but does it now also indicate that the production rate is now expedited thus causing or contributing to the slowed clearance rate from the body - and by interference of sheer numbers at a minimum?
4. Dark Green - Now meaning REALLY Rotten dead bacteria and really staying in the nasal cavity too long? Is this any indication that the actual body its self is now being injured and your own tissue is dying.?
5. Dark Green AND Red - So could this be a more certain indicator that your bodily sinus tissue is now physically suffering from the bacterial infection/infestation, and thats RED is the indicator that your sinus tissue is now dying as a result? Does red mean that this is the only time in an infection that your own tissue is dying at a concerning fast rate?
6. Just filthy dark green - So now you have baterial infection that has now involved its self with your sinus tissue to the point that it has effected the natural rate and abiltiy of your body to produce natural clear mucus to clear this bacteria?!? Just a stagnant feeding frenzy going on up in your nose with LIMITED abililty now for your body to clear short of a cyclical change in conditions.?

*** Do specific bacteria have different natural colors? Are all common nasal bacterial similar in natural color? What is the base color of a sinus bacteria in culture, but not involved with the body as a test case?

SCENARIOS:
1. A quick day of some yellow mucus reporting nd no further problems - Did this indicate that you just had a minor, but noteworthy bacterial infestion occur in your sinus cavity, and your body cleared it and done?
2. A sinus infection that immediately turns both yellow & red - Could this possible mean that you have a worst case scenario ensuing thus indicated by the freshness of only yellow in bacterial expression, but the red being the ALARM that this bacteria is so hostile toward your body that it actually drew blood on day one!!!?? I bet this is a rare combination.
3. Yellow early, then green, back to yellow a few days later and green again - Does this mean that the bacteria is moving around your sinuses in tighter and somewhat limited geographical groupings. Pehaps this indicates that you have a strain of bacteria/ or current physical sinus conditions that makes it difficult for the bacteria to invade and feed, and that its just working its way around inside your face as it gets lucky enough to get a foothold as time passes. Are these possibly conditions that might cause an infection to potentially linger on and off for months, or even go away more quickly?
4. Does the rate of infection in a certain body area have something to do with the bacteria's successful habitation of that area. Say, if the bacteria invades uniformely enough, but in a fast mannor, does it possible render its food supply gone from the sinus side, and then smother its self out with its own dead at the same time. How healthy is coughing in every different scenario?

SEEMINGLY UNATTENDED ISSUES:
1. Why doesnt the medical science culture to diagnose different bacterial infections? Is it just common medical knowledge that EVERYONE is infected with the same/similar stain each outbreak, and there is no point?

2. Is it always the same strain only further mutated on the next social outbreak? Or is it possible that one year its one type, and the next its a completely different one? Do they truly test one or two every year and then determine whether or not a certain antibiotic will be required given circumstances mertiting the application (not naturally clearing for whatever reason in some). Perhaps there are stains that plain old Keflex or Penicillen still work well on?

4. Does a single bacterial strain really transfer throughout entire societies and from limited points of initial infection in a few? This should tell you something about the power of contagions, and imagine a real threat getting loose!!

5 The source has to be dormant bacteria left around each season and the end each time must simply be the time for average folks to naturally fight it off. Does this mean that the natural level of innoculation achieved from infection is really that short - 6 months, or 1 year? If you note there have been years lately that there are really two seasons of infection for this stuff.!! But the source must be the living bacteria on everything from school desks to dirt on the ground, and just waiting for our immune systems to forget the last fight.! After all, history appears to repeat due to shortness of memory. Perhaps this failure IS TRULY a physical phenomena, and not just lazy disregard for learning.? Are we now exhonorated for all past discretions such as War, and now proved as a simply but effective PHYSICAL Failure unavoidable.?

6. So in short, just as if we watched reels of war film daily it would most likely be a daily reminder of why societies should not fight, IS THE MEDICAL FAILURE IN FACT THE ATTEMPT TO CLEAN/SANITIZE? Was George Carlin correct? Then again, INNOCULTIONS are sorta like watchin that film. But wait, they cant innoculate for bacteria - OR CAN WE?!?!??

7. Or is it really just a fight to trickle down to the end, and that cycles must be run and stopped, else the bacteria would evolve to the point that we could not overcome them at all? Is this why society does not practice the proposed art of "Bacterial Innoculation"? Socially to keep bacteria in constant circulation would be to esentially grow a purpetual petrie dish, which would result in expedited bacterial evolution/mutation. Would this scenario create a bacterial evelution that would out pace the human immune system.?

8. Then again, you have to first discern and define what exactly triggers bacterial evolution. EVOLUTION being a key priniciple I am focusing on as of late. What causes physical evolution in a biological? The answer can only be EXPERIENCE. But there must be a CURVE, or time frame in which a given life form must procreate within to be able to CHANGE in its evolutionary path. LOGIC would suggest that the longer a lifespan is allowed to LIVE or EXPERIENCE STIMULUS, the more likely it is to EVOLVE with CHANGE. But what is this window with nasal bacteria? Would it be better to kill them off with a round of effective antibiotics EARLY on before the bacteria can learn to adapt? Or would this effectively not allow the body enough experience to deal with it, and then we would be again infected by the rest of society still working out the lastest strain? Does that render an early pre-emptive round of antibiotics ineffective regardless? Consider these infections simply appear unavoidable, so would early antibiotics essentially be shorting yourself, and not only, but now leaving yourself liable to the mutation of the strain toward the end of the social infectious season which you would now have ZERO Experience to deal with. Is there some truth in this reasoning that there is no point in medical diagnostics of this nature. DO THEY CHANGE THAT FUKIN FAZT???? !!!!!!

POSSIBLE SOLUTIONS:
1. So what is the fix? Well if you consider from a social standpoint you cant. But if you think of your self as singlular, would it be possible? What if you cultured the strain from the last infection you had and kept in around on hand constantly "Refreshing your memory" so to speak. Before your body can forget. Consider that if the bacteria are indeed slower to evolve and taking many years, then theorhetically you are catching the same strain year after year, and the only denominator is the time it took for your immune to drop its guard and forget, IN CONJUNCTION with Social Physical cycles. After all, Starts of school seasons, as well as ends of school seasons seem to be the optimal making points for beginning of infectious outbreaks. The moving of the masses of the Human incubators/petrie dishes/bodies.
a) How do these time periods related. Are we giving the bacteria the advantage of regularity in our schedules of population presence?
b) How do nine months in the schools, and 3 months off relate? What if social school calendars started rotating in some way or pattern? Would this expedite of slow the social infection process?
c) What does the season say about the type bacteria that is involved every year. Do schools contain the bacteria specific to the infections at this time of year, and do the swimming pools and beaches hold the bacteria (or even virus) that are socially involved as a summer outbreak/infection?
d) How do dietary sugars relate truly. They are starting to say to get rid of many types of bacterial infections (including staph), we must remove sugar from our diets as obviously bacteria would potentially feed readily on them. But is it really, or is it just a biological blood condition that high dietary sugar creates that compounds the infections? Perhaps even a subset like sugar induced blood PH chnages? OR IS THE SUGER THING COMPLETE BULLSHIT? I dont know. ANyone? If certain bacteria feed on raw sugars, does eating them with regard to sinus and chest type infections a worst case senario as you are basically applying the sugar directly to the infection site. If so, drink a coke and you might as well be snorting a line of cane sugar...!

2. IS sterilization the key.? What actually triggers the evolutionary ability/path of bacteria? Is it indeed time and experience? Clearly they only grow at noteworthy rates when involved with a proper biological host (your body). Is that even true, or can these bacteria just sit down eating on the grass in you yard and evolve just the same? Does having a bunch of dogs shitting all over your back yard perhaps provide a good breeding ground? I suspect - cleanliness after all. Or would this just leave society vulnerable to a stain which has mutated slowly on the dogshit or organic trash in your neighbor;s filthy back yard, to which would kill you with annual "sparring matches" to stay in shape? I can tell you for sure that there seems to be no benefit of innoculation by getting sick every year with kids in school, and even by similar strains every year I suspect. I would appear the the "Forget time" is ranges anywhere from 1 to 4 pr 6 times as long as the period which you had it. So is it 3 months on, 9 months off? That 3 to 1... Did that extra hard infection on year actually buy you 2 years of protection? I just dont think the truth is evolutionary mutation so much as we are led to believe. I do think we underwent a round of change about 2 years ago though...

3. So back to the potenential concept of maintaining our own personal "stash" of the bacteria. What would be the dose? A small pinch snorted per week? More, less? Keep in mind its not the antibiotic that kills the bacteria from your body, its the bolster the antibiotic gives your immune system and a combination of the interactino there of. So the million dollar question is that if you have survived a round of bacterial infection one season, would it benefit you to keep on exposing yourself to that strain (given their is truley a limited evolutionary path). Would your body just keep on seeing the bacteria you continued to introduce, and continue to arm and act against it? Would this forever protect you till the next socially induced mutation in strain, or would it wear out your immune system in some way from overuse? Theorhetically, you would run little risk of culturing a new strain in your body since you had once beat the strain you continue to introduce, therefore, every weekly additional exposure would be readily
dealt with. But I am sure its been tried in case study. Did it work? Is this a secret of elite factions of society? Do the Illuminati sit around snorting the same old crap all day long?

4. Or does your body really ever "defeat it", or does it just learn to live with it. I suspect it does have to defeat the bacteria and thus be qualified at that time to continue beating it if continually exposed. And I doubt we are living peacefully in harmony with any bacteria like this, at least actively involved internally, or we would in fact be constantly mutating it.

5. Or is that the true case. You would then have to wonder if there is a nuclear type half life going on, and when is that day that these bacteria make a massive change we cant deal with. Does bacterial evolutionary path have anything to do with antibiotics effects in conjunction with the immune system at all? Is this a ride we have no control over and does this explain socially devasting infections (of all types) which cause massive social devastation? Is the clock ticking always till the next one.?

Anyway, I am trying one of those netti pot deals where you squirt the salt water up in yur nose. I can say just one good squirt bottle a day (or two back to back), and it completely clears out the nose for a night of nice breathing. I can also say it got the infection ouf of my nose in a day or three, with very little change to GREEN even. However, it has moved on with its path to upper respiratory / lungs as where it usually finishes up, and now green from down there. And that is fairly interesting in conjunction with some of the points above. But if my forcast is correct, I will be thru what could have otherwise been a fairly bad one in about two weeks total untold, which will be good I think.

On a final note I also wonder the safety of this newer squirt type nettipot over the classic tilt your head back and pour (either is new for me). You have to consider this new squirt bottle application invites the concept of PRESSURIZED application of fluids. What prompted my research into the sinuses in the first place was that one night I completed this nettipot routine, went about my business, and leaned over to pick something up about 20 mins later and water just started running out of my nose!! I was like - WTF??? So apparently I had managed to squeeze water into these parasinuses to some capacity unclear, which had stayed in there possibly due to the narrow channels and I guess he warm water started to clear any blockage or enflammation. So what about the ever present staph in the nasal passages? I always interpreted it to be present only, or primarily in the nostrils? But even so, what if I had inadvertantly now blown some staph deep un into parasinuses where it never goes naturally. Perhaps the narrow passage in would indicate a higher security area so to speak? But really the implications are endless. New marketing of tweaked devices really? Turn a tea pot to drain in the sinus cavity by the pressue of gravity feed only and now change it to a squirt bottle and apply PRESSURE. Really, they are giving these things out in docs offices everywhere. IS this safe, or is this one of the finest example of docs allowing anything Papa Corporate and Big Pharma can get in their grubby little hands in exchange for a quality drug rep blow job? Are these safe really?

Classic.. LOL:D:drooling::p:)

Last edited:
Is this post REALLY about the WONDERS of the maxillary, ethmoid and frontal sinuses? I keep reading your posts like they're a metaphor or some deeper meaning in there but it's really just about snot I guess???

Last edited:
green/brown = sinus infection

clear = cold or allergy

Or is it the other way around?

Last edited:
Well you are the right general premise with regard to my agenda. However, on this one it is a mix of both.

Really I was suprised the actual real physical reality of the sinus cavity. I really never dreamed it was so vast, disconnected, yet associated. What also interested me was the apparent lack of scientific understanding of the parasinus, and how ignorant the medical community may be with regard to the evolutionary development and purposes over time.

I was also surprised of the location of one of them to the pituitary, and it has to make you wonder if this has any direct connection with development and continued HPTA function. The fact that the circulatory system involves its self in slightly differnt pathways to each sinus area is interesting with relation.

They say you cant taste with certain types infections of the sinuses unclear. I found it interesting that squirting water up the parasinus, I am more able to "taste" or sense directly through the nose the purity of the water.!! No kidding you can discern the quality and distiguish different contaminants in various brands of distilled, purified, or spring water so clearly - that you could almost paint a picture for each. And believe me. Try squirting tap water up in your nose and you will think you just drowned!! But put pure distilled water in there and you can hold it in there and it feels almost like air... You would not even know it was in there except it will run out.

Also I am genuinely concerned with the safety of this squirt bottle sinus cleaning device that seems to have gone mainstream over the past two years.

The positive from the Netti Pot squirt bottle, or whatever they call it, is that it starts to make you wonder just how important artificial clearing of these type infections can be? And further if there could be some type of topical application developed that could possible help to totally destory an infection beginnning. Still the reprecussions of the now lack of innoculation would persist.

The social connotations I implied as to societies "Schedules of occupation" and points similar being potential NEW PARADIGM to commonly omitted social failures that perhaps should not be occurring.

Is this post REALLY about the WONDERS of the maxillary, ethmoid and frontal sinuses? I keep reading your posts like they're a metaphor or some deeper meaning in there but it's really just about snot I guess???

From Web MD....:

If you've ever stopped to look at the contents of the tissue after you've blown your nose, you may have noticed that your mucus isn't always perfectly clear. It may be yellow, green, or have a reddish or brownish tinge to it. What do those colors mean?
You might have heard that yellow or green mucus is a clear sign that you have an infection, but despite that common misperception, the yellow or green hue isn't due to bacteria.
When you have a cold, your immune system sends white blood cells called neutrophils rushing to the area. These cells contain a greenish-colored enzyme, and in large numbers they can turn the mucus the same color.

So I laid off messin with it a few days and the sinuses were starting to persist. So I got out that nasal squirt irrigation bottle again. A couple of full bottle bolts and I was snorting clear. Funny, I sat there and experienced the post squirt bottle drainage and started getting blasts of pure YELLOW snot. So I got out the bottle again, and then more. I give for now again.

The funny thing was that I thought I was doing myself a favor by getting that yellow out, but then the article above indicates maybe not so. But the long and sort is that there is a PLETHORA of YELLOW STUFF and its comming from just maybe (1) of my parasinuses on the left side of my face..??