What R U Eating ? ~OGH wants to know.....

Mind blown. White sweet potatoes? Ive been eating yams. Have I been eating the wrong thing? Though yams were sweet potatoes...20181120_180809.jpg

Mind blown. White sweet potatoes? Ive been eating yams. Have I been eating the wrong thing? Though yams were sweet potatoes...View attachment 101224
Its quite confusing and i dont really want to get in to it. But in a nut shell a yam is NOT a sweet potato and a sweet potato is not really a yam. Infact by origin they dont have that much in common. Their used interchangeably because grocery stores are lazy. To confuse you more what youve always known as a yam is infact a sweet potato. They come in many varieties and colors. Yam flesh is white and starchy as hell
Sweet dreamz punkin

Its quite confusing and i dont really want to get in to it. But in a nut shell a yam is NOT a sweet potato and a sweet potato is not really a yam. Infact by origin they dont have that much in common. Their used interchangeably because grocery stores are lazy. To confuse you more what youve always known as a yam is infact a sweet potato. They come in many varieties and colors. Yam flesh is white and starchy as hell
Sweet dreamz punkin
So keep eating the yams? WTF, haha. I like the ones with the orange color inside, and they're cheaper. That's a plus, too!

So keep eating the yams? WTF, haha. I like the ones with the orange color inside, and they're cheaper. That's a plus, too!
Yams are just fun to say. Youve been eating sweet potatoes brofessario. Infact true yams are imported and dont taste similar at all. To add to your massive confusion sweet potatoes arent actually potatoes at all. Not even the same family.
Duhhhh duuuuh duuuuuuuuuuh

Yams are just fun to say. Youve been eating sweet potatoes brofessario. Infact true yams are imported and dont taste similar at all. To add to your massive confusion sweet potatoes arent actually potatoes at all. Not even the same family.
Duhhhh duuuuh duuuuuuuuuuh
All I have to say is enjoy this : )

4704.jpeg

yam-sweetpot1.jpg

Yams are a staple in a lot of cultures. I grew up eating them. They're a little different depending on what part of the world they're from. Either Caribbean or African, maybe other places too, I'm not sure.

@gr8whitetrukker is right. It has to do with grocery stores wanting to distinguish the orange sweet potato from the whitish sweet potato. So they labeled the orange ones as yams, mainly because real yams aren't a staple in america. You can find them in supermarkets now a days, if they carry a large enough international selection.

They're okay I guess. Bland compared to sweet potatoes. With a little salt pepper evoo they're good. Cod fish (we call it bacalao) on the side.