What R U Eating ? ~OGH wants to know.....

Never tried Elk but would like to. I wonder if I can get it up here in New York. My have to special order through the butcher. Looks like pretty healthy meat and high in protein

It's very lean too. If you don't put oil in the pan you will burn it.

Hopefully I can get an elk in the fridge this year!

Yeah my uncle married a women from north Colorado. He goes up there every year and black powder hunts elk with her family. This year they got 12 of them. I probably ended up with around 80 lbs so far. I plan on going with them
Next year on the hunt which will suck for me because they are all in their late 60s while I'm barley in my mid 30s so guess who's gonna be dragging all that meat off the side of the mountain.

@rubisean my girl is ordering my smoker today :). I'm very excited. I did quite a bit of research and even read through a lot of stuff on BBQ formulas to hear the pros thoughts. My meal prepping is about to go to a whole new level now that I can smoke large quantities of meat and veggies.

@rubisean my girl is ordering my smoker today :). I'm very excited. I did quite a bit of research and even read through a lot of stuff on BBQ formulas to hear the pros thoughts. My meal prepping is about to go to a whole new level now that I can smoke large quantities of meat and veggies.
Electric? I have always used wood burning natural style.... I think I may switch to electric.

Post up the success meals once you master it.

Yeah my uncle married a women from north Colorado. He goes up there every year and black powder hunts elk with her family. This year they got 12 of them. I probably ended up with around 80 lbs so far. I plan on going with them
Next year on the hunt which will suck for me because they are all in their late 60s while I'm barley in my mid 30s so guess who's gonna be dragging all that meat off the side of the mountain.

Hahaha true, however they did harvest 12 w/o you, they seem to be seasoned and will hopefully drop them in a favorable spot!

4e8b2aea769bdfe546054b652aced4ea.jpg

Bbq chicken salad