What R U Eating ? ~OGH wants to know.....

Get you some air conditioning, portable units aren't that spendy
If possible, window units are way easier and more convenient. Higher BTU units can cool a pretty big room. 8-10k BTUs.
I have older place no central air so that’s what I have I think a 5-10 in my bedroom and I think a bigger 15-20? in my living room that kicks ass cools most of my house With those 2 and it’s get pretty hot where I live.

The small 1 in my bedroom I installed my self and I think I Mabe spent $180? To buy the ac and stuff to install it in the window.

IMG_0722.jpegIMG_0723.jpeg
Been dialing my diet, finally figured out a perfect breakfast and macros for my needs. Good energy to start the day. “I use a lot of sourdough because it’s easier to digest than other breads and on top of that I toast is and that makes it easier to digest also lowers carbs.”

4 whole eggs, 4 turkey bacon, 2 toasted sourdough English muffins, scoop avacado, and tiny bit of butter.

Total cost to make around $3.50 and things are pricey in my area.

Macros 700 cal, 56g p, 50g c, 36g f.

Attachments

• IMG_0718.jpeg
    IMG_0718.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 4
I have older place no central air so that’s what I have I think a 5-10 in my bedroom and I think a bigger 15-20? in my living room that kicks ass cools most of my house With those 2 and it’s get pretty hot where I live.

The small 1 in my bedroom I installed my self and I think I Mabe spent $180? To buy the ac and stuff to install it in the window.

View attachment 290763View attachment 290764
Been dialing my diet, finally figured out a perfect breakfast and macros for my needs. Good energy to start the day. “I use a lot of sourdough because it’s easier to digest than other breads and on top of that I toast is and that makes it easier to digest also lowers carbs.”

4 whole eggs, 4 turkey bacon, 2 toasted sourdough English muffins, scoop avacado, and tiny bit of butter.

Total cost to make around $3.50 and things are pricey in my area.

Macros 700 cal, 56g p, 50g c, 36g f.

You are awesome @laclark89
Lots of love to you and your lovely family :)

The effect of toasting bread on lowering it's carb content has to be extremely small.
The Study:

In the study, researchers wanted to investigate how the way in which white bread was prepared affected its impact on subjects’ blood sugar. They recruited 10 healthy people aged 22–59, and gave them homemade and commercial white bread that had been stored and prepared in four different ways. The bread was either eaten fresh, frozen and defrosted, toasted, or frozen and then toasted. Each participant received the differently treated breads in a random order, and researchers measured their blood sugar over a two hour period following ingestion.

The Findings:

The researchers found that in comparison to eating fresh bread, all treatment methods led to a significant reduction in the blood sugar response, which was measured using a metric called the incremental area under the glucose response curve (iAUC). While iAUC is not the same thing as the glycaemic index, it is used to calculate GI, with higher iAUC translating to higher GI.

Back to the bread: the researchers found that just toasting the homemade bread decreased its iAUC by about 25%. Freezing and then defrosting the bread was more effective, decreasing the iAUC by about 30%. When these two methods were combined, they decreased iAUC by about 40%. The results were similar for commercial bread, though interestingly, freezing followed by toasting was not significantly more effective than toasting alone.

Effects of bread treatment on 2 hour iAUC
The impact of freezing and toasting on the glycaemic response of white bread

The Study:

In the study, researchers wanted to investigate how the way in which white bread was prepared affected its impact on subjects’ blood sugar. They recruited 10 healthy people aged 22–59, and gave them homemade and commercial white bread that had been stored and prepared in four different ways. The bread was either eaten fresh, frozen and defrosted, toasted, or frozen and then toasted. Each participant received the differently treated breads in a random order, and researchers measured their blood sugar over a two hour period following ingestion.

The Findings:

The researchers found that in comparison to eating fresh bread, all treatment methods led to a significant reduction in the blood sugar response, which was measured using a metric called the incremental area under the glucose response curve (iAUC). While iAUC is not the same thing as the glycaemic index, it is used to calculate GI, with higher iAUC translating to higher GI.

Back to the bread: the researchers found that just toasting the homemade bread decreased its iAUC by about 25%. Freezing and then defrosting the bread was more effective, decreasing the iAUC by about 30%. When these two methods were combined, they decreased iAUC by about 40%. The results were similar for commercial bread, though interestingly, freezing followed by toasting was not significantly more effective than toasting alone.

Effects of bread treatment on 2 hour iAUC
The impact of freezing and toasting on the glycaemic response of white bread

Thank you!