What R U Eating ? ~OGH wants to know.....

It's not man, although we have great quality meats like lamb, mutton, various cuts of beef and pork etc that bbq stuff you have there looks outworldly. Everytime i see Joel Hansen eating these massive platters i drool. I'd kill to have a brisket and baby ribs. The pulled pork stuff's not my thing but the beef ones, damn..
Yeah man, I am not really big on pulled pork either except for the fact that it's cheap and I can take like a 6-7 pound pork butt and then have protein for my lunch meal prep for the week all good to go. I can and sometimes do make pulled pork on the smoker, but honestly it is a hell of a lot easier to do it in the Instantpot if it's just for me and I am not looking to impress anyone.

I eat lots and lots of meat just in general, which is pretty common here in the US Midwest where the raising of livestock is omnipresent. Plus out here in the sticks you can generally buy direct from the farm for far cheaper than a grocery store. I buy beef in quarters and halfs at a time and then store it in the deep freezer.

It's kind of like the gun thing I told u about.. you get taught some things around here at crawling age.... looks great @BuildABro

What a place.
What more do you need in life apart from guns and smoked brisket?
I am liking this.

I am inviting myself to your wedding, to the beautiful Southern belle you will marry.
So get your act together and find one asap.
I expect to find that brisket ready for me as soon as I land.
With or without a gun for the weekend, lol

Do you like the new nickname I have given you, lol
Very appropriate, honey
Grilling and smoking was pretty much my sole culinary contribution around here until relatively recently. You know, the typical guy cooking responsibilities. I learned to use a smoker from both my dad and gramps. I still use an old school barrel smoker that is a good 15 years old and a hand me down.

Though nowadays BBQ is much more popular, driven on by social media, and they have pellet smokers, electrics, propane, etc. Anybody can get into the mix pretty easily. It's not really hard to pull off per se, just requires patience and experience like anything else. Here is Arkansas we conform to the "slow and low" method almost universally. I have had particularly large pieces of meat on the smoker for 16-18 hours before.

What a place.
What more do you need in life apart from guns and smoked brisket?
I am liking this.

I am inviting myself to your wedding, to the beautiful Southern belle you will marry.
So get your act together and find one asap.
I expect to find that brisket ready for me as soon as I land.
With or without a gun for the weekend, lol
I am sure a couple of clips from a 50 BMG will set you up nicely. @Dirthand

Lunch meal prep for the next week. So here we have on the flat some diced brisket I made the other day, some leftover chicken, little bit of leftover pork, potatoes, green beans and a huge bag of frozen stir fry vegetables tossed in for good measure (cause we fancy around here). Then boxed it up and lunch is served for the next week. I really dig doing meal prep as it makes the rest of the week so easy.

Screenshot 2024-10-02 at 9.47.21 AM.webp

Lunch meal prep for the next week. So here we have on the flat some diced brisket I made the other day, some leftover chicken, little bit of leftover pork, potatoes, green beans and a huge bag of frozen stir fry vegetables tossed in for good measure (cause we fancy around here). Then boxed it up and lunch is served for the next week. I really dig doing meal prep as it makes the rest of the week so easy.

View attachment 297291
Nice is that a black stone? I’ve been wanting one but I have a stove top grill/griddle or what ever it is but does the same job.

You said because around here, u mean round here, in ur parts lol. Don’t exclude that southern draw.

Nice is that a black stone? I’ve been wanting one but I have a stove top grill/griddle or what ever it is but does the same job.

You said because around here, u mean round here, in ur parts lol. Don’t exclude that southern draw.
It's a Pit Boss, but very similar. Got it from a guy on Facebook marketplace for 80 bucks. I friggin love it. Not sure how I ever survived without it.

And yes, my accent is fairly pronounced (Ozarks area), but not as thick as some. Folks down around Arkansas Delta for example put mine to shame.

Back