Where start at 52.....

@Solocam
Just like everyone has been saying your going to feel and look a lot better after starting trt that you will be wondering why you didn’t start years ago. Don’t expect instant changes but over time you will notice a huge difference. This time next year you can expect to feel a whole world of positive changes.
Exercise and health will take on a higher priority and will be more enjoyable because you will have the energy and drive that you probably haven’t had for a while now

@Solocam
Just like everyone has been saying your going to feel and look a lot better after starting trt that you will be wondering why you didn’t start years ago. Don’t expect instant changes but over time you will notice a huge difference. This time next year you can expect to feel a whole world of positive changes.
Exercise and health will take on a higher priority and will be more enjoyable because you will have the energy and drive that you probably haven’t had for a while now
Thanks for the encouragement.

I will be looking for an endocrinologist tomorrow, and setting an appointment for new bloodwork.

-Solo

1mg per week at 100mg is standard dose for the American society of endocrinologists for trt and what I started out at 11 years ago.

Please go back and read where I stated that 1mg per week should be according to E2 levels and not arbitrary though 1mg is a perfectly fine starting point for clearly the majority of people according to standard practice

But please tell me you know more than a society of endocrinology doctors
Nobody needs an AI on 100mg. As I said terrible advice. A reasonable approach would be to add something like proviron, mast etc to fix the androgen to e2 ratio if for some reason he can't tolerate 100mg. AIs are toxic and come with a ton of harmful effects. Your first approach should not be to reach for AIs. Doctors are morons. My prescription is 250mg sustanon injected once every three weeks.

Nobody needs an AI on 100mg. As I said terrible advice. A reasonable approach would be to add something like proviron, mast etc to fix the androgen to e2 ratio if for some reason he can't tolerate 100mg. AIs are toxic and come with a ton of harmful effects. Your first approach should not be to reach for AIs. Doctors are morons. My prescription is 250mg sustanon injected once every three weeks.
You’re a fucking tard

You just called Vic black and dante tards. Stop giving advice to people if you don't know what you are talking about.
You somehow think that my calling you a retard calls others into question but make no mistake I am calling you, just you, a retard.

Your logic that doctors don’t know what they’re talking about is flawed and your trt protocol is about as dumb as you are.

You come into this thread spouting off like you somehow know better when in reality you are just a typical internet naysayer claiming to know better when in the grand scheme of things you know shit.

Go fuck yourself

Based on 2000 calories to start (500 calorie reduction per day from maintenance) How's the below look? 40% still looks high for fats.

Protein ~ 250g (1000 calories)
Carbs ~ 50g ( 200 calories)
Fat ~ 89g (800 calories)

5 meals per day

I would get it closer to protein fat carbs 40%/20%/40%, like 250/50/250

That's 2450 calories.

Stick with this for a bit and see how tracking goes. It takes almost a week to settle in and get it right. So just focus on doing that and watching each day how what you eat and drink affects those numbers. You won't get it right the first day, so don't expect to, and don't be disappointed when you fail. Just learn each meal, each day, until you get it right.

Then, once you get it right, you can start playing and adjusting.

No harm in reducing fats lower. No harm in adjusting protein higher. Indeed, both may be beneficial to your goals.

Then play with the carbs. One thing that worked for me was carb cycling. My first one was really simple. 250, 125, 0, 250, 125, 0, repeat, repeat. It worked. It stripped fat off of me in record time.

But for now focus on weighing, measuring, and tracking so you have a baseline to start.

Last edited:
You just called Vic black and dante tards. Stop giving advice to people if you don't know what you are talking about.

You somehow think that my calling you a retard calls others into question but make no mistake I am calling you, just you, a retard.

Your logic that doctors don’t know what they’re talking about is flawed and your trt protocol is about as dumb as you are.

You come into this thread spouting off like you somehow know better when in reality you are just a typical internet naysayer claiming to know better when in the grand scheme of things you know shit.

Go fuck yourself
You two, please stop trashing this man's thread.

He is seeing an endocrinologist. He does not need your input on TRT over that of his doctor.

I'm assuming fat loss should be the main focus for now, so should I NOT worry about carb timing before and after workouts?

You mention tweeking diet every week if needed. Do you reduce calories in specific increments, (say 500 per week) until you see the 1.5-2lb loss?

- Solo
I would not worry about carb timing yet. Just focus on getting your macros where they should be.

I mentioned tweaking the diet, but I also mentioned tweaking cardio. I increase the intensity and duration of cardio when I stall, too. So while I might be doing a certain speed or intensity setting for a certain amount of time, I will increase the speed or intensity or time. Sometimes I start low on intensity and work my time up, then decrease my time, increase the intensity, and work my time up again at the new intensity, then repeat, increase the intensity and decrease the time and start increasing the time again at the new intensity, and so on until I am doing several levels higher intensity for the same longer time.

At 2000-2450 calories, no, I would not pull out 500 calories each week that you stall. That would have you at zero in 4-5 weeks.

I just make small adjustments each week. Don't forget you have cardio to play with, too, not just calories.

And I would pull the calories from fats and carbs, but never from protein. Keep the protein high.

If I do pull from carbs, I have a high carb day every week or two no matter what so that I can keep my workout intensity high.

Since you have been afraid to get your heart rate up, I really, really think you need to look at progressively increasing your cardio.

Just like with the calories, though, there is no need to make large jumps. Just a little bit each day. Increase the intensity or speed or time or something to burn more calories. Just a little bit each day adds up to a bunch over a month or two, so don't try to make huge jumps all at once. Especially for cardio, you will feel like you are dying if the jump is too large all at once. In small increments, your body will adjust, and the new intensity may even feel easier because your body is adapting to the new stimulus.

Small changes to the diet and cardio. Consistency and discipline over time. Those are the keys to the kingdom. Too bad such simple advice does not sell as well as "Lose Weight In Ten Minutes A Day" or I'd be rich.

Home gym, I have a squat rack, calf raise, dip station, dumbbells, various benches, and a universal machine. Bench Press, Preacher Curls, Lat pulls, squats, t-bar rows, deadlifts...

You are not going to like this, but here goes. Squats. Work up to 4 sets of 20 as quickly as you can.

4 x 20

This might require lighter weight than you have been using. When you can get all 4 sets for the full 20 reps, on your next workout, add ten pounds per side, and try again. Keep at it until you get 4 sets of 20. Then, on your next workout, add ten pounds per side. Then keep at the new weight until you can get the full 4 sets of 20. Then, on your next workout, add ten pounds to each side. and so on . . .

Make sure you are getting sufficient depth. if you don't have a mirror, have somebody watch you to make sure your hips are getting as low as or lower than your knees. Not close. Not close enough. Get down there.

Or have them film it. Post it here if you want.

I would get it closer to protein fat carbs 40%/20%/40%, like 250/50/250

That's 2450 calories.

Stick with this for a bit and see how tracking goes. It takes almost a week to settle in and get it right. So just focus on doing that and watching each day how what you eat and drink affects those numbers. You won't get it right the first day, so don't expect to, and don't be disappointed when you fail. Just learn each meal, each day, until you get it right.

Then, once you get it right, you can start playing and adjusting.

No harm in reducing fats lower. No harm in adjusting protein higher. Indeed, both may be beneficial to your goals.

Then play with the carbs. One thing that worked for me was carb cycling. My first one was really simple. 250, 125, 0, 250, 125, 0, repeat, repeat. It worked. It stripped fat off of me in record time.

But for now focus on weighing, measuring, and tracking so you have a baseline to start.
I'll give this a shot for a couple weeks. Is there a formula you use to determine macros? My 19 year old daughter and son want to figure all this out also. Both have been working out for well over a year (my son was powerlifting in H.S. for 2 years, but blew out his knee last summer playing baseball). He's trying to get back into things now that rehab is done.

I will track everything I eat and times. Workouts will have to be in the evening around 7pm. So should that post workout meal be high protein and low carb? Or should it be pretty much 50/50 to fill muscle cells?

-Solo

I would not worry about carb timing yet. Just focus on getting your macros where they should be.

I mentioned tweaking the diet, but I also mentioned tweaking cardio. I increase the intensity and duration of cardio when I stall, too. So while I might be doing a certain speed or intensity setting for a certain amount of time, I will increase the speed or intensity or time. Sometimes I start low on intensity and work my time up, then decrease my time, increase the intensity, and work my time up again at the new intensity, then repeat, increase the intensity and decrease the time and start increasing the time again at the new intensity, and so on until I am doing several levels higher intensity for the same longer time.

At 2000-2450 calories, no, I would not pull out 500 calories each week that you stall. That would have you at zero in 4-5 weeks.

I just make small adjustments each week. Don't forget you have cardio to play with, too, not just calories.

And I would pull the calories from fats and carbs, but never from protein. Keep the protein high.

If I do pull from carbs, I have a high carb day every week or two no matter what so that I can keep my workout intensity high.

Since you have been afraid to get your heart rate up, I really, really think you need to look at progressively increasing your cardio.

Just like with the calories, though, there is no need to make large jumps. Just a little bit each day. Increase the intensity or speed or time or something to burn more calories. Just a little bit each day adds up to a bunch over a month or two, so don't try to make huge jumps all at once. Especially for cardio, you will feel like you are dying if the jump is too large all at once. In small increments, your body will adjust, and the new intensity may even feel easier because your body is adapting to the new stimulus.

Small changes to the diet and cardio. Consistency and discipline over time. Those are the keys to the kingdom. Too bad such simple advice does not sell as well as "Lose Weight In Ten Minutes A Day" or I'd be rich.
Slow and steady increase, got it. I don't need a heart attack sidelining me, that's for sure.

-Solo

You are not going to like this, but here goes. Squats. Work up to 4 sets of 20 as quickly as you can.

4 x 20

This might require lighter weight than you have been using. When you can get all 4 sets for the full 20 reps, on your next workout, add ten pounds per side, and try again. Keep at it until you get 4 sets of 20. Then, on your next workout, add ten pounds per side. Then keep at the new weight until you can get the full 4 sets of 20. Then, on your next workout, add ten pounds to each side. and so on . . .

Make sure you are getting sufficient depth. if you don't have a mirror, have somebody watch you to make sure your hips are getting as low as or lower than your knees. Not close. Not close enough. Get down there.

Or have them film it. Post it here if you want.
Ass to grass, gotcha. I will likely need drop down quite a bit. Flexibility in my knees isn't so good. Anything you an recommed in regards to "lubing" them up?

I'm sure some flexibility will come back with time if nothing else.

Thanks as always for the tips and advice. Much appreciated.

-Solo

I'll give this a shot for a couple weeks. Is there a formula you use to determine macros? My 19 year old daughter and son want to figure all this out also. Both have been working out for well over a year (my son was powerlifting in H.S. for 2 years, but blew out his knee last summer playing baseball). He's trying to get back into things now that rehab is done.

I will track everything I eat and times. Workouts will have to be in the evening around 7pm. So should that post workout meal be high protein and low carb? Or should it be pretty much 50/50 to fill muscle cells?

-Solo

The recomendation of 20 rep squats is in my opinion not a very good idea for someone at the mediocre training stage regardless of the weight being shifted.

Ther CV involvement is huge for that rep range and actually quite dangerous for someone not in good physical condition.

I'd suggest sticking with 8-12 reps until stamina and health are improved and focus on progressive overload in that rep range at your age/experience level for now.

Back