Your physique insecurities

That’s from the tris not bis imo, Mabe if u just did rope pull downs for tris nothing else besides ur pressing movements.

I have carpenters elbow like a mofo and i quit all tri exercises minus cable tri extensions.

I think tris get way more stimulation on pressing movements that I feel bi’s on back movements. That’s me personally I know everyone has different bio mechanics.

that equals less tri work and more bi work. Who has bis more sore than tris?
I agree, if you’re doing back movements properly you aren’t getting a lot for your biceps.

Do not forget how much of your perceived inadequacies may be in your head.

Body dysmorphia disorder

This thread is eaten up with it

Symptoms of BDD include:
  • Constantly checking yourself in the mirror.
  • Avoiding mirrors.
  • Trying to hide your body part under a hat, scarf, or makeup.
  • Constantly exercising or grooming.
  • Constantly comparing yourself with others.
  • Always asking other people whether you look OK.

Body dysmorphia disorder

Symptoms of BDD include:
  • Avoiding mirrors.
Naturally. That's why many of us are here.

Body dysmorphia disorder

Symptoms of BDD include:
  • Avoiding mirrors.
Some of my issues may well be irrational when you look at the situation more broadly. By that I mean most of the members here who are actually into bodybuilding probably have a more chiseled physique than about 99.9% of the overall population.

The thing is, we are not comparing our bodies to the 99%. We are comparing them to the cohort of less than 1%.

So when you look at the situation through that lens, I think it often has less to do with body dysmorphia and more to do with the fact that within our specific niche that standards are just incredibly high.

Body dysmorphia disorder

Symptoms of BDD include:
  • Constantly checking yourself in the mirrors
  • Naturally. That's why many of us are here.
    sometimes I think I might slightly have but then I don’t really think I do, Mabe just basic insecurities.
I do look in the mirror and groom a lot. And I really don’t like the way I look with my shirt off enless I have somewhat of a pump, my wife always tells me when we are at the beach or lake or hiking to pop the top take my shirt off and I do, just not to look insecure to her plus I need the tan, and even though I have way more muscle than ur average dude. Even when I’m camping I take dumbells and do pushups I’m a weirdo.

I just look in the mirror after a good workout and think damn I wish I walked around looking like this.

How many pounds of muscle do you guys equate ur pump look to flat look would be on the hang? 5ibs min 10 max?

What do u guys think I may get that extra 10ibs of steel one day. Then I may feel the same as I do now and want another 5-10?

Back