168 Beats Per Minute

You are training your heart just like any other muscle. I used to race mountain bikes for long distances and we would do heart rate zone training, what’s happening is your body is adapting and your heart is getting stronger and more efficient allowing it to beat faster for longer, you’re doing great. Keep it up. The benefits are tremendous, especially for the enhanced athlete. Just like any other muscle, don’t overdo it. Your resting Heart rate will start to creep down, but you might have to take it before your coffee.

Indeed.
Aside from rhr, his heart rate will also start to come down faster, at the end of the effort. That’s another sign of improved cardiac efficiency.
Didn't know you ride.
I love it. I can live without many things, but the bike is something I cannot do without, whether it's indoors or outdoors.
It does as much for the mind as it does for the body.

Mr Malfeasance's aim is to achieve the rhr of a turtle, in case you missed previous posts, and live to the ripe old age of 175, looking as handsome as he currently does.
This man always brings it, so success is on the cards.

Good to see you.
Have a good Saturday

What are you using to measure your heart rate? I used to get some strange readings from my watch until I started using a chest strap.

Back