Abnormal lipid levels

Before you take a statin:
  1. Ask your doctor for a carotid artery ultrasound to see how much plaque you have. He'll say everyone has plaque but that isn't true. Press them and find out so you'll know. Lipids tell you very little.
  2. Get a C-reactive protein (CRP) test. Do NOT exercise for a week and don't lift heavy for 2 weeks prior. Also don't have a cold or infection. These will raise CRP since CRP isn't just arterial inflammation.
  3. Find out the truth about side-effects and long term effects of statins - consider writings from this organization Thincs - The International network of cholesterol skeptics. You may enjoy a simple documentary on Amazon called "The Cholesterol Question" ... it doesn't tell you an answer but just some history.
There are four main risk factors for Arteriolosclerosis/Atherosclerosis:
  1. Elevated triglycerides
  2. Elevated glucose
  3. Elevated blood pressure
  4. Low HDL
You don't show problem with #1 or #4 in this test ... but of course having used high dose androgens can change the story as they can inflame blood vessels and change lipids severely. IMO association does not mean causation but it is unwise to ignore lipid marker all together.

What is your glucose?
Blood pressure?
Age?

For what it is worth, I'm mid 50's with cholesterol worse than yours for decades, with doctors hassling me to take statins, but have zero plaque (though never used an androgen) verified by an ultrasound last spring. My wife with 'good' lipid tests but who's family has lots of heart attacks has zero plaque. We attribute it to diet ... but this is just a couple undocumented testimonials. Here is another one: A friend of mine has been on statins for over 30 years and they just amputated his lower leg because his legs are plugged up too badly to fix. He has always been trim and healthy but statins didn't prevent this problem.

In the end it is up to the reader to learn and get meaningful medical tests.

Hope this is helpful
I’m 27. My fasting bg came back 100 which is high. Blood pressure is 121/65

0D4EE7A1-65CA-4855-9C61-045E660C37C3.jpeg
AF0C4ACE-66E3-4BB3-BF4D-E62D7FF30C5C.jpeg

I’m 27. My fasting bg came back 100 which is high. Blood pressure is 121/65

View attachment 100174
View attachment 100175
100 is high normal which isn't high, just something to watch. Your off GH for a while now right? Your hA1c is good, maybe indicating the GH didn't make it go high - hA1c reflects several months. BP looks fine. It takes several blood tests over time to get a picture of what is going on anyway. My glucose is usually 85-90, triglycerides ~90, hA1c 5.3, BP varies between 90/50 to 130/75, and am over twice your age. Doesn't look like TRT@150mg/wk is giving you trouble.

If you are good you'll die young ...

As far as eating and lipids go. I find if I go low fat, total C drops 20 point evenly split between LDL and HDL. It makes the risk ratio worse (even though they are abandoning that to push more statin compliance). Dropping LDL from 190 to 180 is somewhat trivial. With low fat diet I feel poorly and gain fat. With high fat I loose weight and feel good. But I've got Parkinson's and usually they do best with plenty of protein and fat.

100 is high normal which isn't high, just something to watch. Your off GH for a while now right? Your hA1c is good, maybe indicating the GH didn't make it go high - hA1c reflects several months. BP looks fine. It takes several blood tests over time to get a picture of what is going on anyway. My glucose is usually 85-90, triglycerides ~90, hA1c 5.3, BP varies between 90/50 to 130/75, and am over twice your age. Doesn't look like TRT@150mg/wk is giving you trouble.

If you are good you'll die young ...

As far as eating and lipids go. I find if I go low fat, total C drops 20 point evenly split between LDL and HDL. It makes the risk ratio worse (even though they are abandoning that to push more statin compliance). Dropping LDL from 190 to 180 is somewhat trivial. With low fat diet I feel poorly and gain fat. With high fat I loose weight and feel good. But I've got Parkinson's and usually they do best with plenty of protein and fat.

Didn’t realize the were abandoning the ldl/hdl ratio. Makes perfect sense considering there’s no money it. A lot like lowering the hypertension bp values. I’m sure that change placed a lot more ppl on bp medication.

My doctor said it was actually a good way to help raise hdl along with the statin
Well that’s good to know. That’s where my problem is, low hdl. I’ll have to research more but thanks for your input.

What dose of niacin do you use? I was using 1000mg before bed, had to take some Motrin a little while before for the flushing I would get from it.

Well that’s good to know. That’s where my problem is, low hdl. I’ll have to research more but thanks for your input.

What dose of niacin do you use? I was using 1000mg before bed, had to take some Motrin a little while before for the flushing I would get from it.
Actually never had to do it, fish oil Did it for me. Doc said niacin would be next

Actually never had to do it, fish oil Did it for me. Doc said niacin would be next
Ok cool man. Appreciate the feedback. Honestly niacin didn’t do shit for me, I had to get back on my statin, but I was hoping maybe I could use the niacin along with the statin to help with that hdl.

Ok cool man. Appreciate the feedback. Honestly niacin didn’t do shit for me, I had to get back on my statin, but I was hoping maybe I could use the niacin along with the statin to help with that hdl.
Give it a shot.

Back