Cardarine for lipids

What it doesn't seem to do is induce new cancers. But if there's an undetected, slow growing one it could speed it up.

Exactly. But the same applies for GH and almost ALL the secretagogues but no one's talking about it because half of the bodybuilding community is on GH, but talk about cardarine and the first thing they type is "cancer"..lol

Dramatically lowering cholesterol without the side effects of lipids. Shifting muscle to use lipids for energy vs glucose, which results in the brain not sensing exhaustion from glucose depletion in the bloodstream.

Yeah, I know they drop medications for all sort of reasons. I specifically said my concerns extend to the undisclosed reasons given the enormous money making potential of the combination of cholesterol lowering and performance enhancing effects.

I said I was concerned "not because of the data we've seen", that is cancer in rats fed high doses continuously for 90% of their lifespan, and who's natural cause of death is almost always cancer regardless of drug exposure, but whatever other undisclosed reasons for their decision. They didn't elaborate on the reasons. The normal course of this type of research would be to try again at a lower, less extreme dose. Many drugs are carcinogenic at extremely high doses, but here, it was one and done.

What about monolun k? Red yeast rice? It is actually converted into a statin… but how healthy is it?

What about monolun k? Red yeast rice? It is actually converted into a statin… but how healthy is it?

I stopped looking for solutions to my genetic hyperlipidemia when I saw GLPs were taking care of it. At this point 15mg Tirz maintainance has kept LDL/HDL near perfect. Once I switched from Sema to Tirz (specifically based on the early stage research showing GIP's liver benefits) liver fat cleared and completely reversed the liver scarring caused by stage 1 NAFLD.

Last edited:
I stopped looking for solutions to my genetic hyperlipidemia once I saw GLPs were taking care of it. At this point 15mg Tirz maintainance has kept LDL/HDL near perfect. Once I switched from Sema to Tirz liver fat cleared and completely reversed the liver scarring caused by stage 1 NAFLD.

Fudge I need to go this route then because mine has been 277 total for the past 12+ years

Last edited:
It's the same thing as a satin, but you can't know what dose you are getting because the supplements aren't standardized or monitored. Take the statin because it's cheaper and you know exactly what are getting.

That's why I posed the hypothetical question "What's the difference drug vs supplement vs plant based remedy".

They're all drugs, and only one has some semblance of quality control behind it.

Valium -> Valarian Root Extract capsules -> Valarian Tea.

If I was choosing this route, I'd go with the first, personally.

Fudge I need to go this route then because mine has been 277 total for the past 12+ years

If you've had long term high cholesterol, you almost certainly have some degree of fatty liver, as it's very common to go undiagnosed until things get really bad. If you don't want to go with UGL, and get someone to check your liver confirming the issue, you'll be able to get a prescription for Zepbound sometime next year, as it's approaching approval for that purpose.

This will be the first approved treatment for this widespread disease. It's very significant, and only under the radar because most don't even know what a big problem it is.

If you've had long term high cholesterol, you almost certainly have some degree of fatty liver, as it's very common to go undiagnosed until things get really bad. If you don't want to go with UGL, and get someone to check your liver confirming the issue, you'll be able to get a prescription for Zepbound sometime next year, as it's approaching approval for that purpose.

This will be the first approved treatment for this widespread disease. It's very significant, and only under the radar because most don't even know what a big problem it is.

Tirz also helps with blood sugar as well correct? Ima bout to start some gh… so using this along with tirz may actually help me obtain lower cholesterol over all and reduce ldl… I have some blood work showing some pretty bad stuff from cholesterol, but triglycerides have always been right around 85… weird to me

Ill go with ugl… for now

Tirz also helps with blood sugar as well correct? Ima bout to start some gh… so using this along with tirz may actually help me obtain lower cholesterol over all and reduce ldl… I have some blood work showing some pretty bad stuff from cholesterol, but triglycerides have always been right around 85… weird to me

Ill go with ugl… for now
Insulin sensitivity and glucose control are GLP's "signature" benefit.

Weight loss of course, but there's a whole host of benefits at doses below appetite suppression doses that, in my, mind, makes it hard to argue against being used as preventative medicine for everyone. Once year long / single shot versions are developed, it'll probably be as common as vaccines.

The list is almost embarrassingly long and growing, it's easy to sound like a nut going on about it. But all readily backed by solid research. While serious or dangerous side effects are extremely rare and have to be magnified beyond all proportion to get any play at all.

The slowing, and even reversal of atrial remodeling alone warrants its use as an ancillary by everyone on gear imo. It's most beneficial for reducing cardiovascular events in fit people, not "fatties".

The neuroprotective and neurogenerative effects of GLP receptor activation on nerves makes it a must do for the anti-aging and longevity crowd interested in keeping their vision and brain degeneration to a minimum over the long haul.

Meanwhile, after tens of millions of patient years of using GLP's, to the joy of haters everywhere looking for the "punishment those cheaters deserve", we finally have a single death confirmed to be the direct result of GLP use for weight loss in a non-diabetic. A rare case of necrotizing pancreatitis in a ~65yo woman (though I suspect another specific condition contributed to this I have no proof).

Insulin sensitivity and glucose control are GLP's "signature" benefit.

Weight loss of course, but there's a whole host of benefits at doses below appetite suppression doses that, in my, mind, makes it hard to argue against being used as preventative medicine for everyone. Once year long / single shot versions are developed, it'll probably be as common as vaccines.

The list is almost embarrassingly long and growing, it's easy to sound like a nut going on about it. But all readily backed by solid research. While serious or dangerous side effects are extremely rare and have to be magnified beyond all proportion to get any play at all.

The slowing, and even reversal of atrial remodeling alone warrants its use as an ancillary by everyone on gear imo. It's most beneficial for reducing cardiovascular events in fit people, not "fatties".

The neuroprotective and neurogenerative effects of GLP receptor activation on nerves makes it a must do for the anti-aging and longevity crowd interested in keeping their vision and brain degeneration to a minimum over the long haul.

Meanwhile, after tens of millions of patient years of using GLP's, to the joy of haters everywhere looking for the "punishment those cheaters deserve", we finally have a single death confirmed to be the direct result of GLP use for weight loss in a non-diabetic. A rare case of necrotizing pancreatitis in a ~65yo woman (though I suspect another specific condition contributed to this I have no proof).

Tirz this is what I’m scared of using it

Post #7… id just add test perhaps…

Tirz this is what I’m scared of using it

Post #7… id just add test perhaps…

I've read this and the previous studies that suggest GLPs are useful in managing the organ damaging effects of excess iron in patients with hemochromatosis (another problem many AAS users face).

The mechanism it does this by stops the excess accumulation of iron as a result of, basically, a malfunctioning liver, and nothing approaching iron deficiency nor some mechanism impacting normal iron levels was observed.

It's hard to believe a notable uptick in anemia would've gone unnoticed in the sickly population of diabetics using these drugs for the last decade, since they get bloodwork monitoring iron far more often than the general population.

I don't think there's anything mysterious or concerning that happens to digestion impacting iron levels. It's the same problem a lot of GLP users face....they eat less, and by not choosing foods high in protein and proper nutrients, they end up suffering the effects of deficiencies of both.

Regarding the Cancer all I can say is I just dont agree with that study based on the doses they were giving. Is this standard procedure when going through the pipeline and phases of FDA approval? If you gave equivalent doses based on weight of most other drugs I bet a lot of them would cause cancer or other illnesses/complications too. I think they torpedoed the study due to above.

Nah, that's standard with any new drug. We do carcinogenicity tests in cancer predisposed wistar rats at high long term doses.

We.know the rats will get cancer around 22 months naturally, we see if chronic drug administration can speed that up. Which it significantly did with Cardarine. (16 week median IIRC)

Also. The dose really wasn't *that* high, only about 35mg/day for a 180 pound human. Dosing translates differently because of surface area and metabolic rate. You have to calculate the HED.

3mg/kg caused the exact same cancer rates as 40mg/kg. We didn't test any lower.

3mg/kg equals 240mg in an 80 kg human, divided by 6.2 giving a rough dose of 39mg a day equivalency. This caused the same amount of carcinogenicity as the 40mg/kg group which is a 80kg human dose of 516mg/day.

If 39 and 516 are equally carcinogenic, where does that risk start?

Now for anecdote;

I got colon cancer after coming off roughly a year of mk677 and 5 months of 25mg/day Cardarine.

Did it have an impact? Idk. But I was only 27 when diagnosed. I have a family history of cancer, but not that young.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240619-181136.png
    Screenshot_20240619-181136.png
    496 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Nah, that's standard with any new drug. We do carcinogenicity tests in cancer predisposed wistar rats at high long term doses.

We.know the rats will get cancer around 22 months naturally, we see if chronic drug administration can speed that up. Which it significantly did with Cardarine. (16 week median IIRC)

Also. The dose really wasn't *that* high, only about 35mg/day for a 180 pound human. Dosing translates differently because of surface area and metabolic rate. You have to calculate the HED.

3mg/kg caused the exact same cancer rates as 40mg/kg. We didn't test any lower.

3mg/kg equals 240mg in an 80 kg human, decided by 6.2 giving a rough dose of 39mg a day equivalency. This caused the same amount of carcinogenicity as the 40mg/kg group which is a human dose.of 516mg/day.

If 39 and 516 are equally carcinogenic, where does that risk start?

Now for anecdote;

I got colon cancer after coming off roughly a year of mk677 and 5 months of 25mg/day Cardarine.

Did it have an impact? Idk. But I was only 27 when diagnosed. I have a family history of cancer, but not that young.

This study notes GW inhibits some cancer cells, and speeds proliferation of others, specifically human colon cancer cells.

Well that ends any further reason for me to hang onto the remainder of my supply. That one's all too common to risk accelerating.

Thank's for bringing your experience to our attention. I hope you're doing well.

This study notes GW inhibits some cancer cells, and speeds proliferation of others, specifically human colon cancer cells.

Thank's for bringing your experience to our attention. I hope you're doing well.

That's a really interesting study, about to go down the rabbit holes in the citation lists.

And I appreciate it man, I'm doing great now. Full health and back on the life grind.

As weird as it is, the experience was overall good in a way. I see life differently and appreciate it a lot more now. It's almost cathartic to be totally on the other side now looking back.

A remarkable result in not only lowering cholesterol, but shifting the entire lipid profile to a much healthier one, in humans, at such a small dose.

The fact that this passed the necessary ethics and government approvals to conduct a human trial with GW50516 also says something. They would never approve human studies using a confirmed carcinogen.

If the effects on lipids are linear, then the standard 20mg PED dosage is more effective than high dose, high side effect, high muscle pain risk, diabetes inducing doses of statins.

There is plenty of evidence of a link to cancer's course of development. It appears to either change the nature of the cancer, speed its progress, or slow it down. I think the main interest of the most current research is exploring its use as an anti-cancer drug.

What it doesn't seem to do is induce new cancers. But if there's an undetected, slow growing one it could speed it up.
Thank you for sharing. I had not read that one before. This would necessitate I reevaluate its potential use for gen pop, but I still would have some concern and some skepticism (albeit certainly less).

I’ll have to give it a more thorough read later when I have some time. Thanks again.

I've read this and the previous studies that suggest GLPs are useful in managing the organ damaging effects of excess iron in patients with hemochromatosis (another problem many AAS users face).

The mechanism it does this by stops the excess accumulation of iron as a result of, basically, a malfunctioning liver, and nothing approaching iron deficiency nor some mechanism impacting normal iron levels was observed.

It's hard to believe a notable uptick in anemia would've gone unnoticed in the sickly population of diabetics using these drugs for the last decade, since they get bloodwork monitoring iron far more often than the general population.

I don't think there's anything mysterious or concerning that happens to digestion impacting iron levels. It's the same problem a lot of GLP users face....they eat less, and by not choosing foods high in protein and proper nutrients, they end up suffering the effects of deficiencies of both.
Do you have labs before/after on tirz?

How did it change your HDL/LDL/Hematocrit?

Back