Castor oil experiments

Yeah it is but it's not a bad thing. Warm it up a little and it's easy to push. And it has other positives, it's a mild analgesic and anti inflammatory. All my brews nowadays are with castor oil and 20-30 bb depending on the compound. All are pip free and I am pushing the concentrations upwards, meaning less oil to administer even at heavier cycles

Guess I'll try using that stuff for my brews too, being forced to inject slower may be a positive thing to me, the drawback is filtering and drawing must be long I imagine.
I only use short esters though, I'm curious about how half lives will be influenced. Also need to check if the esters I use like castor oil, test ace for example is a bitch to brew in GSO but holds with much less BB in MCT.

View attachment 254082

Test Decanoate 350mg/ml
Mast E 200mg/ml
NPP 150mg/ml

1.5/30 ba/bb

All holding fine 1 week now, all smooth as butter no pip not even discomfort when pushing slowly through a 24g in thighs, glutes or delts 25g really slow administration because oil is THICK.

Filtering with warm oil was not a big deal (syringe filter 33mm .22micron with a caulking gun)

If I have no bad reaction from the slightly higher bb I will continue down this route for the foreseeable future since it will allow me to spread out administration to 1x week or even 1x biweekly for trt

Currently at 2x week 160 test, 100 npp 100 mast total per week. Yeah I know low dosages but old fart here, health is main concern and being able to have morning wood and sense of well being is more precious than adding 10 pounds of flesh.

I will update on future endeavors if needed.

Glad to see people finally seeing a use for castor oil. Ive been using it for many years now especially for higher dose brews and not having to use harsher super solvents. Finished product looks good.

So I ended up brewing TEST D @250 mg/ml (overdosed at 5%) with 20% BB and 1% BA. Filtering 7 vials took me a whole afternoon, however it's probably the smoothest gear I ever pinned, started TRT this week, I need some bloods, but I hope to be set for a couple years with this batch.

So I ended up brewing TEST D @250 mg/ml (overdosed at 5%) with 20% BB and 1% BA. Filtering 7 vials took me a whole afternoon, however it's probably the smoothest gear I ever pinned, started TRT this week, I need some bloods, but I hope to be set for a couple years with this batch.
Next time filter it while HOT using PVDF filters, they can withstand up to 100 °C. Makes filtering a breeze

Yeap ingest it and it can act as laxative.

But it's Bayer's main carrier oil in their preparations Testoviron, Rimobolan and Nebido

To be honest, I thought they were joking. You can also rub castor oil on your head for hair health (theoretically), but that also obviously won't cause a laxative effect.

@Harley00

You can also rub castor oil on your head for hair health (theoretically)

Actually i do this everyday, a mix of GSO and castor oil. My hair looks premium after being dry and frizzy from accutane. Also great for dry hands in winter, works better for me than any cream.

Last edited:
Test decanoate holds at 400mg in MCT/2%BA/15%BB no problem. No pain.

I rather a thinner oil because higher concentrations increase viscosity and I'd rather not have to use larger bore needles that increase scar tissue.

Test decanoate holds at 400mg in MCT/2%BA/15%BB no problem. No pain.

I rather a thinner oil because higher concentrations increase viscosity and I'd rather not have to use larger bore needles that increase scar tissue.

I also use MCT for all my brews, but castor has been shown to almost double the half life, it can be useful for some specific purpose.

Here are some solubilities for Testosterone Cypionate, Decanoate, and Undecanoate in different oils. Taken from Structural Insights and Intermolecular Energy for Some Medium and Long-Chain Testosterone Esters - PubMed figure 6 on page 10 and table S3 (in the supplemental downloads)
Apricot
[mg/ml]​
GSO
[mg/ml]​
MCT
[mg/ml]​
Cotton
[mg/ml]​
Castor
[mg/ml]​
Sesame
[mg/ml]​
TCyp​
237.5​
239.2​
257​
236.3​
286.6​
278.1​
TDec​
536.7​
497.2​
596.7​
495.8​
530.5​
548.7​
TUnd​
200.1​
183.1​
201.8​
195.5​
196.3​
209.1​

Here are some solubilities for Testosterone Cypionate, Decanoate, and Undecanoate in different oils. Taken from Structural Insights and Intermolecular Energy for Some Medium and Long-Chain Testosterone Esters - PubMed figure 6 on page 10 and table S3 (in the supplemental downloads)
Apricot
[mg/ml]​
GSO
[mg/ml]​
MCT
[mg/ml]​
Cotton
[mg/ml]​
Castor
[mg/ml]​
Sesame
[mg/ml]​
TCyp​
237.5​
239.2​
257​
236.3​
286.6​
278.1​
TDec​
536.7​
497.2​
596.7​
495.8​
530.5​
548.7​
TUnd​
200.1​
183.1​
201.8​
195.5​
196.3​
209.1​

Now that's the papers that we need, tyvm dude good infos.

veeery interesting study!
Goes against anecdotal data on this very forum wonder why is that... maybe the samples of raws were much purer and they did say the brew was mixed for hours but at 14*C wtf

The thing that I really wonder about (even more after this study), is why test decanoate isn't used more in the pharmaceutical field. Half life is not much shorter than undecanoate while still being significantly longer than cypionate and enanthate, raws are way cheaper than U and it is much easier to work with.

but the half life of test D is much shorter at about 7-10 days as opposed to 21-30days for Test U
but I see your point... you would expect to see more test D on the market as opposed to test C or E if half life was a deciding factor

The thing that I really wonder about (even more after this study), is why test decanoate isn't used more in the pharmaceutical field. Half life is not much shorter than undecanoate while still being significantly longer than cypionate and enanthate, raws are way cheaper than U and it is much easier to work with.
Cause it can't be patented since it's already have been used in Sustanon and/or Omnadren.

It's all about the money!

Back