Dirts Brew log

After further inspection these are in fact sterile. I meant to check last night but didn’t get around to it.
yes i have used a couple of the Millipore and have several. The PVDF are not recommended with a higher BB content than 20% according to @narta . I used them to filter some gear i made with 24% and seems to have done ok but i dont want to press my luck. Nylon and ptfe seem to have the most research and factual data.

Stupid question, but after you filter through the bottle top filter, how do you transfer to vials while keeping everything sterile?
I filter it into a media bottle that has a silicon septa. It's just like having a 100ml or 250ml vial. So when I need a couple 10ml vials you just draw it out with a sterile syringe and transfer.. I happen to use a syringe filter when doing this so that gives me peace of mind my gear has be double filtered..17224732625061279933233198652947.jpg

yes i have used a couple of the Millipore and have several. The PVDF are not recommended with a higher BB content than 20% according to @narta . I used them to filter some gear i made with 24% and seems to have done ok but i dont want to press my luck. Nylon and ptfe seem to have the most research and factual data.
Yea I am not doing anything exotic which would require more than 20% BB.

Sponsors