Draining your own blood at home

I saw most are still active from this thread so thought reviving it wouldn't hurt for more info.

So you donated blood and it only drop a few numbers, still on the high side at 54? Why im thinking going to donate won't aide lowering it , being a high anabolic user .

I wonder What is a dangerous hematocrit for a bodybuilder spectrum? Iv yet to donate or self drain . I'm constantly pulling 50 hematocrit levels, Which is considered high. I do bloods every cycle. I'm wondering what is considered high for people that use peds. But i wonder what numbers a pro BB stays at. Like kia green, Kali muscle, jay cutlar, many more etc. Ones that always stay big year round.

Donating blood every 3 months or self draining monthly WILL NOT affect the performance of a bodybuilder. High hemoglobin/hemocrit puts strain on the heart AND increases blood pressure, both of those things are not good. Yah donating 450mls dropped my hemoglobin 14 points and my hct only .04 so not good enough for me.

I'm so glad I stumbled upon this...big thanks to those currently active for the info.

I used to make a trip once a week to get a pint drained because I was misdiagnosed (thankfully) with polycythemia years ago. I've been considering self phlebotomy recently if my values ever turn out to warrant it.

My neighbor is a phlebotomist and smokin' hot so I thought about making friends with her...until I found out she lives with her dad, who I know, turns out he and I have a not so pleasant history so I'm not getting involved in that drama.

Donating blood every 3 months or self draining monthly WILL NOT affect the performance of a bodybuilder. High hemoglobin/hemocrit puts strain on the heart AND increases blood pressure, both of those things are not good. Yah donating 450mls dropped my hemoglobin 14 points and my hct only .04 so not good enough for me.
You interpreted it wrong

I wasn't taking about performance. Talking about what is considered high for an anabolic user vs a normal person. Example being an Anabolic user can have alt ast in the 300s but one doc from a highly looked at bodybuilder said he wouldn't worry about those numbers because once you stop taking the things that elevated it, numbers will drop.

I'm so glad I stumbled upon this...big thanks to those currently active for the info.

I used to make a trip once a week to get a pint drained because I was misdiagnosed (thankfully) with polycythemia years ago. I've been considering self phlebotomy recently if my values ever turn out to warrant it.

My neighbor is a phlebotomist and smokin' hot so I thought about making friends with her...until I found out she lives with her dad, who I know, turns out he and I have a not so pleasant history so I'm not getting involved in that drama.

Do you have any symptoms like chest pain/tightness, heart palpitations, high bp, elevated heart rate? Either way go get a full CBC done to see where your at and report back here brother :)

You interpreted it wrong

I wasn't taking about performance. Talking about what is considered high for an anabolic user vs a normal person. Example being an Anabolic user can have alt ast in the 300s but one doc from a highly looked at bodybuilder said he wouldn't worry about those numbers because once you stop taking the things that elevated it, numbers will drop.

OHHHHH shit sorry for the confusion. I'm not sure about that, but I've been using gear for 25 years now and only recently do I need to remove blood to feel better so could just be age related lol. I did a run of mk677 end of last year and I suspect it caused problems for me, but I got no proof. I've only been running small doses of test/var/primo since so can't see that being a big deal.

I'm pretty sure once I get my hemo/hct to low levels I will be fine with just donating every 56 days. I'm going to drain a pint tonight and then donate in 11 days then get get blood work the following day to see where I'm at. Like I said I want my hemoglobin down to 160/16 and my hct down to 42-45.

ALSO high numbers means I feel like shit and puts stress on my heart, when you get off PEDS it takes FOREVER for numbers to drop, like 6 months to a year and that's dangerous so I prefer to bleed and lower levels nice and quick.

@JetsFan found this but not available. Maybe can find it with more research. Also found this all in one drain kit

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210308-140148_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    Screenshot_20210308-140148_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    587.5 KB · Views: 20
  • Screenshot_20210308-140342_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    Screenshot_20210308-140342_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    961 KB · Views: 19
@JetsFan found this but not available. Maybe can find it with more research. Also found this all in one drain kit

Shoot me a link for that blood kit please bro. Today I'll just be using a 16g harpoon and empty 3ml syringe, but later i want to do it properly. Thanks.

Do you have any symptoms like chest pain/tightness, heart palpitations, high bp, elevated heart rate? Either way go get a full CBC done to see where your at and report back here brother :)
I'm scheduled for a full blood panel in a couple weeks, I'll definitely report if anything is out of whack.

My curiosity about self phlebotomy at this time is purely for a 'just in case, later down the road' possible need but I've been thinking about it as I get older and hear rumblings from folks who do it for those reasons.

Google tells me the average needle size is 16g-17g for blood donation so I feel better now about using my 16g harpoon lol. Last time I donated I drained in 9 minutes so not bad. I didn't pass out or get dizzy....always best to drink a LOT of water,bcaa's/electrolytes in the hours before donating, get salts in too.

Google tells me the average needle size is 16g-17g for blood donation so I feel better now about using my 16g harpoon lol. Last time I donated I drained in 9 minutes so not bad. I didn't pass out or get dizzy....always best to drink a LOT of water,bcaa's/electrolytes in the hours before donating, get salts in too.
Idk what a 16g looks like. Cringing it. But it will speed the process.

Idk what a 16g looks like. Cringing it. But it will speed the process.
I just tried with a 20g and it didn't go so well lol so maybe gotta wait 11 more days till I donate.

Pinning my ass and rear delts is a whole other ballgame compared to IV :p

I do this frequently and it's very easy to do... Just buy BD butterfly needles with a luer-lok connection, then pull the blood with whatever size syringe you like (I find the 20ml syringes to be easiest to use). I would recommend 18g needles.

I do this frequently and it's very easy to do... Just buy BD butterfly needles with a luer-lok connection, then pull the blood with whatever size syringe you like (I find the 20ml syringes to be easiest to use). I would recommend 18g needles.

I tried finding a setup like that, but no luck. You got a link? Thanks.

I tried finding a setup like that, but no luck. You got a link? Thanks.

These aren't the BD ones, but it's the same function. Hope this helps... A lot of websites require a medical license, but this one does not. Let me know if you need any help with the whole process, I've mastered it by now.

Sponsors

Latest posts

Back