Draining your own blood at home

It's there to help the veins to swell with blood. Take it off after you get a good needle placement, and the blood is flowing.

Ps if you use a bigger size syringe, you have a tendency to collapse the vein or suck the needle opening to the side of the vein. A 10 cc is about right. But seems like it takes forever. A 20cc works better, but can collapses the vein. Just go easy if you use a 20. You will see what I'm talking about after you try it a time or so.

Thanks brother, is a regular 3cc syringe to small? I was just using the needle without a syringe at all, draining into a measuring cup. Was going to use a 3cc next time and pull out the plunger. Thanks for the help.

Thanks brother, is a regular 3cc syringe to small? I was just using the needle without a syringe at all, draining into a measuring cup. Was going to use a 3cc next time and pull out the plunger. Thanks for the help.
Yeah, you would never do anything with that. Get some butterfly needles with the hose on them and some 10 cc syringes. Get a friend to help. It takes 20 minutes or so.
Let me know if you need anything else.
Do not take more than 16 oz.
It's not fun. Good luck.

How much blood in those little vials when you get a blood test? Last blood test they filled up 4 of them. Is that enough blood to have the desired effect?

Each vial is roughly 10ml...my trt doc offered to draw 6 to help with my hct. I was like, nah I'll take an order for theraputic phlebotomy, thanks.
That's more than I would have thought. But my blood gets really thick. I mean really thick. You need to get rid of a pint every 2 to 3 months when on gear. And if you are running eq that is the absolute minimum. More than every 2 months is to much. I know a guy that did and now he has trouble with his iron levels. So you can get too much of a good thing.

That's more than I would have thought. But my blood gets really thick. I mean really thick. You need to get rid of a pint every 2 to 3 months when on gear. And if you are running eq that is the absolute minimum. More than every 2 months is to much. I know a guy that did and now he has trouble with his iron levels. So you can get too much of a good thing.
I agree with this^^^^ but with bloodwork. It's easy to have first hand or even second hand experience of a few other people and make a blanket statement. See it more on other sites about ai more often but everyone is different and not everyone is going to need the same level of treatment. But we all need bloodwork done regularly. ;)

I dont think ill ever touch equipose due to possible hematocrit issues.

Next labs I do Ill throw Iron on there to see if there are any issues. I just started draining 1x a month by self or redcross when im on trt for the last 4 months. Curious to see my ifon levels are.

Keep clenching fist, eg on a tennis ball... Tense and relax the legs and glutes - hard - it will keep the flow good.

Yeah, you would never do anything with that. Get some butterfly needles with the hose on them and some 10 cc syringes. Get a friend to help. It takes 20 minutes or so.
Let me know if you need anything else.
Do not take more than 16 oz.
It's not fun. Good luck.

Vacutainer Safety-Lok 12" w/ Luer Adapter 23g x 3/4". This is what you mean? Just prick and fill?​

It wont just come flowing out? Need a big cc syringe to extract? Thats where i don't follow

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210308-114600~2.png
    Screenshot_20210308-114600~2.png
    191.4 KB · Views: 9
This thread is EXACTLY what I've been looking for! My hemoglobin was 191 mid January then I donated a pint and it went down to 177 as of February 4th. My hematocrit was .58 and it went went down to .54, so BOTH didn't go down enough and doc WOULD NOT write me a script, just told me to wait to donate again the fuck!

My numbers must be back way up because my heart feels like it's pumping sludge and now that I've seen it's safe to do at home I will be draining 400mls this evening. I have a donation appointment on the 19th, but with my high ass numbers I'm sure I'll be fine draining 400mls today and then another 450mls 11 days from now! I want my hemoglobin down to 160 and hematocrit down to .45

I have 16g/1-1/2'' and 20g/1'' pins so hopefully the 16g will work for me.

I'm VERY open to advice here, thanks :)

This thread is EXACTLY what I've been looking for! My hemoglobin was 191 mid January then I donated a pint and it went down to 177 as of February 4th. My hematocrit was .58 and it went went down to .54, so BOTH didn't go down enough and doc WOULD NOT write me a script, just told me to wait to donate again the fuck!

My numbers must be back way up because my heart feels like it's pumping sludge and now that I've seen it's safe to do at home I will be draining 400mls this evening. I have a donation appointment on the 19th, but with my high ass numbers I'm sure I'll be fine draining 400mls today and then another 450mls 11 days from now! I want my hemoglobin down to 160 and hematocrit down to .45

I have 16g/1-1/2'' and 20g/1'' pins so hopefully the 16g will wor
I saw most are still active from this thread so thought reviving it wouldn't hurt for more info.

So you donated blood and it only drop a few numbers, still on the high side at 54? Why im thinking going to donate won't aide lowering it , being a high anabolic user .

I wonder What is a dangerous hematocrit for a bodybuilder spectrum? Iv yet to donate or self drain . I'm constantly pulling 50 hematocrit levels, Which is considered high. I do bloods every cycle. I'm wondering what is considered high for people that use peds. But i wonder what numbers a pro BB stays at. Like kia green, Kali muscle, jay cutlar, many more etc. Ones that always stay big year round.

One month off cycle taken last week. This was a different lab used and they have my hct at 55. During cycle my hct is 50. Idk why it went up off. To note: Diet and hydration isn't the same when off. And I'm recovering from injury haven't been to gym in over a month.

Attachments

• 20210308_125919.jpg
    20210308_125919.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 7

Sponsors

Latest posts

Back