Epithalon - the real "Fountain of youth"?

DragoT

I am expecting samples of Epithalon soon and was wandering if you guys are familiar with this peptide and/or have any experience with it.

...Epitalon is a synthetic peptide made of four amino acids (alanine, glutamic acid, aspartic acid, and glycine), that is based on a natural peptide called Epithalamin extracted from the pineal gland. It was synthesized by Vladimir Khavinson, a Russian professor and gerontologist, whose research focused on the development of peptide preparations used to restore function in various organs in order to prevent and reverse the aging process. He is currently the Director of the Saint Petersburg Institute of Bioregulation and Gerontology.

Khavinson first extracted Epithalamin from the pineal gland of calves, however due to the inherent limitations in production, he formulated a synthetic version of the peptide called Epitalon...

...Epithalon increases the natural production of telomerase, a natural enzyme that helps cells reproduce telomeres. To understand how Epithalon could in fact be that “Fountain of Youth” man has long been searching for, we must first understand what telomeres are and how they relate to the aging process.

Telomeres are the caps at the end of each strand of DNA that protects our chromosomes. Without telomeres, DNA strands become damaged and our cells can’t perform their job. Our cells replenish by duplicating themselves. Telomeres get shorter each time a cell copies itself. When telomeres become too short, cells age and stop functioning as they should. Telomeres naturally shorten as we age, but they can be prematurely shortened by stress, smoking, obesity, and lack of physical activity. Telomere length represents a person’s biological age as opposed to their chronological age. There is a very strong connection between telomere length and cellular aging. That is where Epithalon comes in.

Dr. Khavinson observed that introducing the peptide Epithalon into mammals induced telomerase activity, lengthening telomeres. This resulted in a reversal of age related disease and a reversal of signs of aging. Several studies have proven that the length of telomeres increase after taking Epithalon. During one study, a group of subjects were given the peptide for 12 years. They showed a lifespan 30 to 50 percent longer than those who didn’t take it. By taking Epithalon, these subjects extended their lifespan by an average of 7 extra years. Not only did they live longer lives, but they did so with much better health when compared to those that didn’t take the peptide...

I know... we all are going to die... so, let's hear it!

I am expecting samples of Epithalon soon and was wandering if you guys are familiar with this peptide and/or have any experience with it.

...Epitalon is a synthetic peptide made of four amino acids (alanine, glutamic acid, aspartic acid, and glycine), that is based on a natural peptide called Epithalamin extracted from the pineal gland. It was synthesized by Vladimir Khavinson, a Russian professor and gerontologist, whose research focused on the development of peptide preparations used to restore function in various organs in order to prevent and reverse the aging process. He is currently the Director of the Saint Petersburg Institute of Bioregulation and Gerontology.

Khavinson first extracted Epithalamin from the pineal gland of calves, however due to the inherent limitations in production, he formulated a synthetic version of the peptide called Epitalon...

...Epithalon increases the natural production of telomerase, a natural enzyme that helps cells reproduce telomeres. To understand how Epithalon could in fact be that “Fountain of Youth” man has long been searching for, we must first understand what telomeres are and how they relate to the aging process.

Telomeres are the caps at the end of each strand of DNA that protects our chromosomes. Without telomeres, DNA strands become damaged and our cells can’t perform their job. Our cells replenish by duplicating themselves. Telomeres get shorter each time a cell copies itself. When telomeres become too short, cells age and stop functioning as they should. Telomeres naturally shorten as we age, but they can be prematurely shortened by stress, smoking, obesity, and lack of physical activity. Telomere length represents a person’s biological age as opposed to their chronological age. There is a very strong connection between telomere length and cellular aging. That is where Epithalon comes in.

Dr. Khavinson observed that introducing the peptide Epithalon into mammals induced telomerase activity, lengthening telomeres. This resulted in a reversal of age related disease and a reversal of signs of aging. Several studies have proven that the length of telomeres increase after taking Epithalon. During one study, a group of subjects were given the peptide for 12 years. They showed a lifespan 30 to 50 percent longer than those who didn’t take it. By taking Epithalon, these subjects extended their lifespan by an average of 7 extra years. Not only did they live longer lives, but they did so with much better health when compared to those that didn’t take the peptide...

I know... we all are going to die... so, let's hear it!
Do you know if Epitalon is the same substance as Epithalamin?
Epithalamin seems to be the real deal.

Effects of pineal peptide preparation Epithalamin on free-radical processes in humans and animals. - PubMed - NCBI
[Effects of an epiphyseal peptide preparation epithalamin on serotonin metabolism in the pineal gland of rats]. | Sigma-Aldrich
Effect of melatonin and pineal peptide preparation epithalamin on life span and free radical oxidation in Drosophila melanogaster. - PubMed - NCBI
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/.../S0047637498000347

P.S. This is about the largest Epithalamin raws manufacturer:
http://www.enamine.net/ (Chemical Supplier - Enamine)

Indeed:

Epitalon; Epithalon; 307297-39-8; UNII-O65P17785G; L-Alanyl-L-glutamyl-L-aspartyl-glycine; Epithalamin

Epithalon

So, looks like it acts via at least two different pathways
  1. Restores telomere length
  2. Counteracts free radical damage to cells which leads to the pathological changes associated with aging

This is beginning be fucking demoralizing - the more one digs, more and more looks like human species are programmed to die!

Peptides of pineal gland and thymus prolong human life

Abstract
OBJECTIVES AND DESIGN:
Researchers of the St. Petersburg Institute of Bioregulation and Gerontology of the North-Western Branch of the Russian Academy of Medical Sciences and the Institute of Gerontology of the Ukrainian Academy of Medical Sciences (Kiev) clinically assessed the geroprotective effects of thymic (Thymalin) and pineal (Epithalamin) peptide bioregulators in 266 elderly and older persons during 6-8 years. The bioregulators were applied for the first 2-3 years of observation.

RESULTS:
The obtained results convincingly showed the ability of the bioregulators to normalize the basic functions of the human organism, i.e. to improve the indices of cardiovascular, endocrine, immune and nervous systems, homeostasis and metabolism. Homeostasis restoration was accompanied by a 2.0-2.4-fold decrease in acute respiratory disease incidence, reduced incidence of the clinical manifestations of ischemic heart disease, hypertension disease, deforming osteoarthrosis and osteoporosis as compared to the control. Such a significant improvement in the health state of the peptide-treated patients correlated with decreased mortality rate during observation: 2.0-2.1-fold in the Thymalin-treated group; 1.6-1.8-fold in the Epithalamin-treated group; 2.5-fold in the patients treated with Thymalin plus Epithalamin as compared to the control. A separate group of patients was treated with Thymalin in combination with Epithalamin annually for 6 years and their mortality rate decreased 4.1 times as compared to the control.

CONCLUSIONS:
The obtained data confirmed the high geroprotective efficacy of Thymalin and Epithalamin and the expediency of their application in medicine and social care for health maintenance and age-related pathology prevention in persons over 60 to prolong their active longevity.

Remember where TB-500 comes from? The thymus. Why we have to (matter of choice) administer it exogenous? Because there after 20 there is nothing to produce naturally.

Thymus - a lymphoid organ situated in the neck of vertebrates that produces T cells for the immune system. The human thymus becomes much smaller at the approach of puberty.

So, while Thymalin (also secreted by Thymus) do work as age-related pathology prevention in persons over 60, the motherfucker "by the early teens begins to atrophy and thymic stroma is mostly replaced by adipose (fat) tissue."

Starting to question how people like David Rockefeller got to live to age of 101. Ain't the gym visits for sure...

Every living organism is programmed to die. This is basic biology. Once you accept this fact you can enjoy life a lot more imo.

If you want to live longer, rapamycin is the drug proven to do that in mammals as a potent TOR inhibitor.

This is beginning be fucking demoralizing - the more one digs, more and more looks like human species are programmed to die!

Peptides of pineal gland and thymus prolong human life

Abstract
OBJECTIVES AND DESIGN:
Researchers of the St. Petersburg Institute of Bioregulation and Gerontology of the North-Western Branch of the Russian Academy of Medical Sciences and the Institute of Gerontology of the Ukrainian Academy of Medical Sciences (Kiev) clinically assessed the geroprotective effects of thymic (Thymalin) and pineal (Epithalamin) peptide bioregulators in 266 elderly and older persons during 6-8 years. The bioregulators were applied for the first 2-3 years of observation.

RESULTS:
The obtained results convincingly showed the ability of the bioregulators to normalize the basic functions of the human organism, i.e. to improve the indices of cardiovascular, endocrine, immune and nervous systems, homeostasis and metabolism. Homeostasis restoration was accompanied by a 2.0-2.4-fold decrease in acute respiratory disease incidence, reduced incidence of the clinical manifestations of ischemic heart disease, hypertension disease, deforming osteoarthrosis and osteoporosis as compared to the control. Such a significant improvement in the health state of the peptide-treated patients correlated with decreased mortality rate during observation: 2.0-2.1-fold in the Thymalin-treated group; 1.6-1.8-fold in the Epithalamin-treated group; 2.5-fold in the patients treated with Thymalin plus Epithalamin as compared to the control. A separate group of patients was treated with Thymalin in combination with Epithalamin annually for 6 years and their mortality rate decreased 4.1 times as compared to the control.

CONCLUSIONS:
The obtained data confirmed the high geroprotective efficacy of Thymalin and Epithalamin and the expediency of their application in medicine and social care for health maintenance and age-related pathology prevention in persons over 60 to prolong their active longevity.

Remember where TB-500 comes from? The thymus. Why we have to (matter of choice) administer it exogenous? Because there after 20 there is nothing to produce naturally.

Thymus - a lymphoid organ situated in the neck of vertebrates that produces T cells for the immune system. The human thymus becomes much smaller at the approach of puberty.

So, while Thymalin (also secreted by Thymus) do work as age-related pathology prevention in persons over 60, the motherfucker "by the early teens begins to atrophy and thymic stroma is mostly replaced by adipose (fat) tissue."

Starting to question how people like David Rockefeller got to live to age of 101. Ain't the gym visits for sure...

If you want to live longer, rapamycin is the drug proven to do that in mammals as a potent TOR inhibitor.

Stanozolol cream might help with wrinkles
(a study shows it increases collagen synthesis)
Stanozolol cream to vanish wrinkles?

Haha why am I not surprised to see dragot to be the one to post this. Pineal gland, esoteric knowledge, you and I are operating on the same wavelength brother. Very fascinating though, the first I’ve seen of this information, thanks and I can’t wait to further research it

is this what bioviva is using to lengthen telomerase
Every living organism is programmed to die. This is basic biology. Once you accept this fact you can enjoy life a lot more imo.
why are you always against anti aging treatments. TRT, HGH and lengthening telomerase won't probably help you live longer but taking a combination of these drugs can help you to recapture the joy and energy of your youth and live a more productive life. 70 year old folks who struggle being on their feet can benefit greatly from these replacement therapies.

Last edited:
Bioviva is conducting long term trial of human gene therapy for telomerase lengthening and myostatin inhibition.

is this what bioviva is using to lengthen telomerase

why are you always against anti aging treatments. TRT, HGH and lengthening telomerase won't probably help you live longer but taking a combination of these drugs can help you to recapture the joy and energy of your youth and live a more productive life. 70 year old folks who struggle being on their feet can benefit greatly from these replacement therapies.

There is no worse mistakes in public leadership than to hold out false hopes soon to be swept away

-Winston Churchill

Unlike others here, I have no doubt whatsoever you are medical professional i.e. product of Western medical establishment. And I say this with all due respect, mind you.

Twenty years ago, before my moving here, I was fascinated with the concept of "American exceptionalism" - the driving force that made this country great. However, unlike many others, I have the advantage to compare knowledge and ideas from at least two different cultures and make educated conclusions.

I don't know how to break this to you, but FDA is not the sole authority in the world. Nor Western Pharma. Or the medical practice for what is worth. Just the fact any thought of alternative cancer treatment is shutdown, chastised, ridiculed and persecuted speaks volumes. The "price" of human life is measured in "insurance lifetime benefits".

If you ever studied world history in early thirties, you might be familiar with Benito Mussolini... While AH is credited with establishing fascism in Germany, the truth is, Mussolini defined it: "...Fascism should more properly be called corporatism, since it is the merger of state and corporate power..."

There you have it. If it does not comply with the corporate interest (Pharma/FDA for example), must be shutdown, chastised, ridiculed and persecuted, end of story.

I find somewhat ironic that almost any paper published on your beloved NCBI by Russian scientists, and it is related to cancer research, is cited by... headline only. Here is one example. God forbid, someone might start thinking outside the box...

So, "live and let live". We still have a chance to make the world a better place...

There's a really interesting documentary called "the science of fasting" its an approved method in Russian medicine with lots of studies to back it up. really good documentary. the contrast between American and Russian beliefs is profound.
Crazy 30 day+ fasting under supervision only inpatient
amazon prime video has it and maybe Netflix.

the contrast between American and Russian beliefs is profound.

To understand why that is, one must first understand the conceptual difference between two opposite healthcare delivery systems.

I know this is a drift form the original scope of this tread, but a good one, I think. A lot have been said about "socialized" medicine, "rationing" and "dead grandma's". As with everything else now days, this is pure propaganda and brain washing to preserve the status quo.

Let me tell y'all how one becomes a medical professional "over there". For your surprise, professional carrier starts at high school. How so, you might ask? It all starts with the grade system:

6 - Excellent
5 - Very good
4 - Good
3 - Satisfactory
2 - Failed

***The higher education "over there" is free. Yes, you've heard that right - free!

To apply at University, one must have minimum graduation score of 4.5 (where Graduation Score is composed as average from few major disciplines like native language, math, biology etc). Anything less than 4.5 - you cannot even apply (your application is automatically rejected). It does not matter if your father have money or not - you have proven not worthy of "free higher education" but more importantly, you are either dumb ass, or lazy ass, or both.

Upon application acceptance, a number is assigned to it and from now till acceptance, you are not known by name, but a number.

Mid summer, all applicants attend "acceptance test". Tests are based on type of school - Native language and Biology for medical school, Native Language and Math for Technical School and so on. The subject of the test (essay, math problems etc) are drafted 1h prior to the test and are same for the entire country. The applicants will write their "application number" on the sheet and then work on the test problem(s).

Three professors grade the answers independently, and the average of the three grades is submitted to the admission office. There, the grade is now matched to a name, and "Acceptance List" is posted on the "wall of cry" (university news board).

As you can see, the system is based purely on merit (knowledge). Once proven "worthy" (think "smart") to receive free high education, the new student enters contractual obligations (I hate to say it, but yes, with the government) that:

1. Will maintain grades to minimum 3.5 or be expelled
2. Upon successful graduation, the new doctor, engineer, teacher etc will be dispatched to a location where such professional services are needed (think 5 years service to society that give you this free education). ***This is not a Gulag :), it is rather a contract...!

After five years, you are free to select where to continue your professional practice. Studies have continuously shown more than 60% of new graduates elect to stay at the place they were originally dispatched - community ties, local respect etc.

Of course, people who excel during the course of study in the university are noted and offered post-grad and work in the scientific field.

Now this is where it gets interesting. Currently, "over there" is a mixture of "free/socialized healthcare" and "private practice".

Everyone (poor or rich) is eligible for free healthcare! However, one have an option to go to private practice, receive immediate attention (no wait lines), gets his ass tingled with a feather and... pay for it.

There is no such thing as insurance "over there". Insurance is a scam, a gamble that more people will pay than people get sick. As Chris Rock once said "Insurance is 'in case of shit'. Well, shit did not happen - I want my money back". Well, it does not work this way, agree?

Now lets talk about the cost. Personal experience...

A porcelain toot cap cost $2,000 here. If insurance covers it, you still pay out of pocket 600 or so. "Over there", the cost is... $95 (the cap) plus $15-25 for dentist work. You've read that right. Fraction of the cost and yet... the cap is made with materials and equipment made in the US. Just... Ely Lilly sold it for "what they can charge for" in the respected country.

We have a child story that goes like that - "once upon a time, a poor man decided to tech his horse how to not eat in order to save money. The day he finally completed the "teaching process", his horse died". Moral of the story - you cannot squeeze water out of stone i.e. you charge way above what the customer is capable of paying without killing him... Which is the opposite of how insurance works - end customer never revolt because "insurance will cover it, or at least big part of it".

Here lies the major difference - with the sheer number of people entitled and expecting free healthcare, success is not measured in "how many grandmas government kills per year to keep the cost down", but "how many people got sick this year compared to the last" i.e. prevention...

Now the kicker. In my home country (not Russia :)), the most famous Oncologist, a member of the National Academy of Science is famous not with the number of tumors he cut and/or irradiated, but with the books teaching how to live and eat healthy, this preventing cancers getting to you in first place.

Oh, and did I mention growing GMO crops in my country is punishable by substantial fine, or five years in jail, or both...

So, my friends, let that sink in. Perhaps you will look a little different when the next asshole on TV proclaim "Russia's bad, mkay"...

This is part I from "The good, the bad and the ugly" series.

You just wait to get to the "ugly" part. You will be astonished by the "lack of difference" between the "wild socialism in the sixties in Russia" and 2018 USA.

To apply at University, one must have minimum graduation score of 4.5
Very easy, hell you can even skip your last 2 years and simply buy the graduation diploma at 16 with that score. You will have have to pass the acceptance test to enter Uni but your average joe could pass it with some studying.

6 - Excellent
5 - Very good
4 - Good
3 - Satisfactory
2 - Failed

There is no #6...
5 - Excellent
4 - Good
3 - Fair
2 - Bad
1 - Very bad

The scores are not statistical and the teacher decides the score. Example: Mack and Stacy both make the same mistakes on a test. Stacy could get a score of 5 while Mack only gets a score of 3.

Its like rating a movie from 1 to 5 stars. If you liked the movie 5 stars is what you get... If it its just 'Ok' 4 stars. 3 is passable and if you fail then its 2. The score of 1 is rarely given unless you totally bunked it. If your liked by your teachers and your tests arent too bad you could finish with straight 5's.

Let me tell y'all how one becomes a medical professional "over there".
Easy, you study in order to pass as many courses as possible. Every course you fail you either fail it or you just pay a fee to pass it.

My cousin graduated as a IT professional... he could'nt code even if his life depended on it. Same thing possible as a Doc...Everyone knows of this which is why a Russian diploma is useless.

Doctors will quickly diagnose the only possible treatment by surgery to smack you with some bills. Often more than one... sometimes a second one is needed simply because "something went wrong" during the first surgery(sadly this happens often $$$). People travel far to bigger cities in order to get treated with some pills for the same shit.(Had this happen with a friend)

Now the kicker. In my home country (not Russia :))
I was already wondering...

It might look all good on paper but reality is completely diffrent.

There is no #6...
5 - Excellent
4 - Good
3 - Fair
2 - Bad
1 - Very bad

You are correct. I was using the Bulgarian score system (did not realized Russian's different).

upload_2018-4-1_9-32-52.png

On the rest, it is subjective assessment indeed. Including "Rissia's bad..."