Experienced gh users question.

I do not understand all of that "zone" stuff. It seems like going harder would be better from a health perspective, but that is just me. I tend to push way harder than zone 2.

Zone 2 is 60-70% of max heart rate.

max heart rate, 220-age (57) = 163

163 x .6 = 97.8
163 x .7 = 114.1

That is laughable.

I try to spend an extended time over 140, although it takes a while to get there. I am usually over 150 by the end, and I am closer to 60 than 50. My cardio is 30-45 minutes, usually toward the shorter end because I am a busy guy,
Thats awesome! I try to get above 130 and stay there, but I go to 130-140. I am like you wondering if it is even doing anything and would going harder be better. I do 4 hours a week of MMA style training and I get my extra "real" cardio from there

Going above 130 bpm has to be better than zone 2. I am not a "scientist," but I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night.

Thats awesome! I try to get above 130 and stay there, but I go to 130-140. I am like you wondering if it is even doing anything and would going harder be better. I do 4 hours a week of MMA style training and I get my extra "real" cardio from there

When I do cardio, it's like HR 130 bpm x 60 minutes. Whatever zone that is.

I feel like if something bad happens (eg, heart attack), it will be less bad because I do that almost every day.