Giant Semaglutide Thread (and other GLP-1 / GIP agonists)

Remember it only feels like an appetite suppressant until you hit the weight homeostasis for that dose.

It's not a diet pill that reduces appetite regardless of weight.

If the room temperature (weight) and the thermostat (glp) are matched, nothing is happening. That's what a maintainance dose is. You feel normal. There's no appetite suppression. Drop more weight and appetite fires up to bring weight back up. Gain weight, and appetite suppression returns.

GLPs turn the thermostat down.

This is the mechanism of action people can't seem to grasp. It's not even specific to the drug, it's the body's natural weight regulation system.

But in the absence of this knowledge, that the body seeks to maintain energy homeostasis, and weight issues, underweight and overweight are usually attributable to a malfunction in this system, it's a paradigm shift in thinking that's going to be difficult to grasp.
Yeah but so they can't be used for a bodybuilder as you want to increase the weight and if when you do it suppress your appetite you are fucked : /

Btw I'm not sure you are right here @Ghoul because for example, on sema I was gaining weight at 1mg and my appetite suppression was non existent when instead at first it was very strong but on both instant I kept my same weight. So the appetite suppression just became less and less with time without my weight changing, surely not decreasing.

If it was like you are saying I should have got a stronger appetite suppression when I tried to bulk on it instead nothing happened except I had excellent BG control.

Last edited:
Yeah but so they can't be used for a bodybuilder as you want to increase the weight and if when you do it suppress your appetite you are fucked : /

Btw I'm not sure you are right here @Ghoul because for example, on sema I was gaining weight at 1mg and my appetite suppression was non existent when instead at first it was very strong but on both instant I kept my same weight. So the appetite suppression just became less and less with time without my weight changing, surely not decreasing.

If it was like you are saying I should have got a stronger appetite suppression when I tried to bulk on it instead nothing happened except I had excellent BG control.

Insulin is a shit business the pharma companies are trying to escape. I'm sure there are insulin sensitivity increasing meds in development for all the normal BMI diabetics who cannot use GLPs because they can't afford to lose weight. It's still going to be a big moneymaker even though it's not weight loss related...hopefully soon for you bud. I don't really follow diabetic pharma pipeline so I don't know what's going on in that area.

Maybe a more "selective" glp peptide will be the answer.

Back