Giant Semaglutide Thread (and other GLP-1 / GIP agonists)

Doodle

Wanted to create a thread where everyone can post their experiences with different sourced Semaglutide.

Who are you using?
Pharma vs non?
Dosage?
How long have you been taking it?
What are your thoughts?
Have you lost weight?
Side effects?
Oral vs injection?
Tests?

Yes
Sema only mimick GLP-1 (Glucagon-like peptide 1)(read: is an agonist).
Tirz mimick both GIP (Glucose-dependent insulinotropic polypeptide) and GLP-1 (in a ration of 9:1). (contains two agonists).

GIP actually release more Glucagon as a sideeffect; but it releases even more insulin, so tirz still works.

Glucagon is a bit complicated (it does several things) but its basically the opposite of insulin (insulin lowers blood glucose and Glucagon raises it).

So in Reta they added a glucagon antagonist to the mix, that works by blocking the action of glucagon at its receptor. This means it prevents glucagon from binding to its receptor and exerting its effects, which lead to a decrease in blood sugar levels compared to tirz.

All of this is theory obviously.

There is thing things regarding it that I can’t seem to fit with peoples real life experiences.

@DanishPanther Is glucagon antagonist beneficial for muscle hypertrophy? I know insulin is very anabolic for growing muscles.

@DanishPanther Is glucagon antagonist beneficial for muscle hypertrophy? I know insulin is very anabolic for growing muscles.
Glucagon does not cause muscle loss if not in a hypoglycemic state and even in that state it first uses glycogen storage. So no blocking glucagon receptor would not be beneficial and can actually hurt since it's necessary to keep blood glucose stable during exercise.

Glucagon does not cause muscle loss if not in a hypoglycemic state and even in that state it first uses glycogen storage. So no blocking glucagon receptor would not be beneficial and can actually hurt since it's necessary to keep blood glucose stable during exercise.

Thank you @mochul

Tirzepatide increases GIP which increases Glucagon.

Would this be a problem for building muscle?

What about Tirzepatide? You're the first person I have heard this from
Well but it's not just me, others felt it too. Its a lot better with tirz, but from what I have found the ratio of GIP:GLP-1 is 9:1 with tirz (if that ratio is true) which could be the cause of it being better and semaglutide being worse as it only hits the glp-1 receptor with more intensity.

Some quotes from this thread:

so interesting thing.. my libido shot up after stopping semaglutide..... I think my libido in general is sensitive to particular chemicals...
Huh does this affect libido? I've had a decrease the last couple weeks but hasn't considered this might be responsible
along with a total removal of her always healthy libido
Semaglutide Killed my libido.

I didn't get that issue on tirzepatide.

Well but it's not just me, others felt it too. Its a lot better with tirz, but from what I have found the ratio of GIP:GLP-1 is 9:1 with tirz (if that ratio is true) which could be the cause of it being better and semaglutide being worse as it only hits the glp-1 receptor with more intensity.

Some quotes from this thread:

Thank you. Do you think 5mg/week Tirzepatide will be low enough not to impact libido?

Apparently there is research stating it is GIP:GLP-1 is 5:1 so 0.5mg Semaglutide is equivalent to 2.5mg Tirzepatide when it comes to GLP

So 1mg Semaglutide = 5 mg Tirzepatide
2mg Semglutide = 10mg Tirzepatide

I have take 1mg Semaglutid and 3mg Tirzepatid per week.
Since 4 weeks I have eliminated the Tirzepatid and just take the Sema.
Since 2 weeks I feel horrible weak and tired. It's like you would have stop taking crack or having the biggest depressions. Nearly can't work and even workouts are not possible.

Does anyone even notice the same sides?
How long will this keep going on?

I have take 1mg Semaglutid and 3mg Tirzepatid per week.
Since 4 weeks I have eliminated the Tirzepatid and just take the Sema.
Since 2 weeks I feel horrible weak and tired. It's like you would have stop taking crack or having the biggest depressions. Nearly can't work and even workouts are not possible.

Does anyone even notice the same sides?
How long will this keep going on?
Its the semaglutid. Low energy is what I feel like too when taking it.

Thank you. Do you think 5mg/week Tirzepatide will be low enough not to impact libido?

Apparently there is research stating it is GIP:GLP-1 is 5:1 so 0.5mg Semaglutide is equivalent to 2.5mg Tirzepatide when it comes to GLP

So 1mg Semaglutide = 5 mg Tirzepatide
2mg Semglutide = 10mg Tirzepatide
On tirzepatide I feel a lot better. I don't know what the underlying mechanism is but from my research I can tell the higher I go with semaglutide the less energy and sex drive (libido) I have. It could be that activating GIP with GLP-1 is giving a synergistic effect, but that is just a theory.