Attention Guest: Please make sure that you are using a unique password to login to MESO. If you have used your MESO password on another website, change it immediately. You should NEVER share the same login credentials on multiple websites.

God

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 350lift, Sep 14, 2019.

1. Not really. The RCC was corrupt as all get out throughout history.

They believe in purgatory, used to charge people to get "get their loved ones out of purgatory", they pray to dead saints and Mary to act as an intermediary between God and themselves when the Bible says the only way to the Father is Jesus Christ himself. They call their priests Father, when they Bible states to call no man Father. They baptize their children as infants before they even have an understanding of what it means to be baptized etc., I could go on and on.

The RCC is not nor has it ever been an accurate representation of actual Christianity. It is it's own entity.

Avies48 and T-Bagger like this.
  2. TenPin

TenPin Member

On your first point - you will always have a small percentage that believe what they want to believe. As example there are still a few ( very few ) that believe the earth is flat. Nothing anyone does or says will change their mind and more and more religion will fall into this category ( I am talking hundreds of years here - as per my earlier post)

On your second - I think you are basically agreeing with me re: state / church controlling the people in the absence of the rule of law ( ability to enforce rule of law)

3. TenPin

TenPin Member

That well funny - I would actually look forward to going to work every day

4. TenPin

TenPin Member

You said not really but then made a totally separate point ???

5. The flat earth thing doesn't even fall into the same category though, as a round earth has been proven and can be proven scientifically. A diety that exists outside of the boundaries of space and time cannot be disproven by any human means.

On the second part, I don't believe religion was "created" to control people. Like I said, morality comes from somewhere and the Bible states the word of God is written on the hearts of every man.

Scandinavian Blood and T-Bagger like this.
  6. johntt44

johntt44 Member

How can one not believe in dinosaurs? They find the fossils everywhere. They find megalodon(shark from 3.6 to 26million yrs ago) teeth at my work all the time. Big as my hand. Somebody planted those in the middle of BFE or a worker made them out of plaster? C'mon now.

7. I was pointing out why you cant use the CoE and RCC interchangibly.

8. TenPin

TenPin Member

I think you can.
    One came directly from the other as a splinter or break away group.
    Before that there was only the RCC so until the split “ the church” was a absolute term when looking at those two bodies and even after sepration they were very similar for many years and indeed remain so in most concerns today

9. Neewbiest guy

Neewbiest guy Member

God's not real and neither is Jesus....change my mind....

Scandinavian Blood likes this.
  10. Uglyrichie

Uglyrichie Member

What about the firmament the three heavens and the water above sorry colony get a pic of it google flat earth firmament

Avies48 likes this.
  11. Uglyrichie

Uglyrichie Member

Couldn't not colony I hate my phone

12. The RCC wasn't the only entity, you also have the Greek Orthodox church.

13. Uglyrichie

Uglyrichie Member

Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds
    Thanks for a good debate, I could go on and on but but honestly once a belief is set your not going to to change it. People will come when they want, when they want to believe in something higher than themselves.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2019
  14. Uglyrichie

Uglyrichie Member

Sorry one more this is a post from my mom
    When you are in the wilderness proclaim: I am loved, I am a child of God, and he is pleased with me.

15. T-Bagger

T-Bagger Member

Let’s be real - you don’t want your mind changed or you’d actually look for evidence, which isn’t too hard to find.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2019
    Scandinavian Blood and Avies48 like this.
  16. TenPin

TenPin Member

I think your right .... you will never change his mind , but I’m not so sure about the evidence part . In fact I think these is a distinct lack of it which is why it’s so often referred to as “faith”

17. T-Bagger

T-Bagger Member

As far as 100% irrefutable proof, you’re right, though the writings of Josephus, a Jew not of the Nazarene sect spoke of Jesus of Nazareth. A lot is based on faith, but similar to a court of law and a trial, there is a lot of evidence out there which could convince a jury to believe that there is a God. I highly doubt you’re interested, but a guy named Josh McDowell, an atheist, years ago went on a search to disprove God. When he looked at all the evidence he found, it was proof enough for him that there is a God. His book is called “Evidence That Demands A Verdict.”

Avies48 and WeMadeItToAndromeda like this.
  18. Uglyrichie

Uglyrichie Member

Josephus was a traitor and a chronicler for the Romans.

19. Uglyrichie

Uglyrichie Member

If I remember right

20. T-Bagger

T-Bagger Member

Regardless, he was a Jewish historian who wrote of a Jesus of Nazareth.

Avies48 and WeMadeItToAndromeda like this.