HCG degradation testing after 30, 45, 60 days

I want to wait until pharma HCG that tested on point is widely available/affordable again. The recently opened indian pharma vendor said he'd be sending pretty much every indian pharma HCG product for testing so hopefully one of them will finally test decently and we can go from there!
Wasn’t there a recent test with Pregnyl testing pretty good? Or was that IBSA?

You're missing too much information such as when was this & how has it been stored since.

It has always been kept refrigerated and only mixed in the week I will be using the vials .. it seems to me that if it is not mixed and it is stored at the right temperature it will not affect the function ... I kept getting my hcg and hmg from the hospital every six months ... they would not do this if the effect was less, it seems to me .. my VCM results also indicated a progression as the trajectory lasted longer .. so if I talk about your point degradation understand well this only applies to hcg that is already mixed .. correct me if i'm wrong

Having identified a problem I want to figure out what causes it and if it can be prevented. Even if I fail at that I'll have learned much more than I could by resorting to the cop out right away.
Fair enough, looking forward to hearing more about the rest of the process. I guess it’s probably better to have a small fridge that keeps constant temperature and that you don’t open several times a day.

It has always been kept refrigerated and only mixed in the week I will be using the vials .. it seems to me that if it is not mixed and it is stored at the right temperature it will not affect the function ... I kept getting my hcg and hmg from the hospital every six months ... they would not do this if the effect was less, it seems to me .. my VCM results also indicated a progression as the trajectory lasted longer .. so if I talk about your point degradation understand well this only applies to hcg that is already mixed .. correct me if i'm wrong
Everything in this thread is indeed about mixed/reconstituted HCG, not lyophilized in powder form still.

Day 45 post reconstitution update!

I will post the updated test report at the very end because I want the focus to be on this graph and its meaning, which makes the day 45 number irrelevant.
hcg03045.png

Black: day 0, Pink: day 31, Blue: day 45

While it doesn't look that much worse on paper, at this level of degradation there's a 50% margin of error and the testing method required to reduce that would take 'a shitload' of money & time. There's no point testing it after 60 days anymore because here's the takeaway:

Don't use generic HCG for longer than a month after reconstitution even when storing in the fridge at 2-8 degrees celsius. It will have degraded to the point where dosing it accurately is no longer possible, nor should you inject something with this level of degradation.

I'll perform this test again with pharmaceutical HCG once a correctly dosed product is available to the majority of the community, meanwhile I'll try whether additional stabilizers can remedy the degradation. I've added a disclaimer to my product page for harm reduction purposes right away.

hcg final.png

Day 45 post reconstitution update!

I will post the updated test report at the very end because I want the focus to be on this graph and its meaning, which makes the day 45 number irrelevant.
View attachment 171249

Black: day 0, Pink: day 31, Blue: day 45

While it doesn't look that much worse on paper, at this level of degradation there's a 50% margin of error and the testing method required to reduce that would take 'a shitload' of money & time. There's no point testing it after 60 days anymore because here's the takeaway:

Don't use generic HCG for longer than a month after reconstitution even when storing in the fridge at 2-8 degrees celsius. It will have degraded to the point where dosing it accurately is no longer possible, nor should you inject something with this level of degradation.

I'll perform this test again with pharmaceutical HCG once a correctly dosed product is available to the majority of the community, meanwhile I'll try whether additional stabilizers can remedy the degradation. I've added a disclaimer to my product page for harm reduction purposes right away.

View attachment 171247

This level of transparency is what this community needs for harm reduction. Thank you for the testing and for being open about your findings.

I freeze HCG inside slin pins and pull them out of freezer as needed. I’ve been under the impression that if frozen after reconstitution it will last significantly longer. Any idea how freezing affects longevity and potency?

First post, lurker here.

I think it's important you specify what concentrations you are reconstituting to as well as what solvents are you using (water for injections, sodium chloride 0.9%, bacteriostatic water) so as to eliminate the possibility that this may affect the results.

Higher concentration solutions (0.1ml/250IU) should degrade less quickly than Lower concentrations (0.1ml/100IU).

Peptides are also usually recommended to be reconstituted in either bacteriostatic water or water for injections (not sodium chloride 0.9%).

Sodium chloride is not recommended for peptide reconstitution due to its tendency to cause precipitates with acetate salts, afaik it may be used for immediate injection after reconstitution but not storage as it theoretically should degrade the peptide faster.

First post, lurker here.

I think it's important you specify what concentrations you are reconstituting to as well as what solvents are you using (water for injections, sodium chloride 0.9%, bacteriostatic water) so as to eliminate the possibility that this may affect the results.

Higher concentration solutions (0.1ml/250IU) should degrade less quickly than Lower concentrations (0.1ml/100IU).

Peptides are also usually recommended to be reconstituted in either bacteriostatic water or water for injections (not sodium chloride 0.9%).

Sodium chloride is not recommended for peptide reconstitution due to its tendency to cause precipitates with acetate salts, afaik it may be used for immediate injection after reconstitution but not storage as it theoretically should degrade the peptide faster.
@janoshik This is beyond me, can you answer these by chance?

This is a work in progress of testing reconstituted HCG for degradation after 30, 45 and 60 days stored between 2-8 degrees celsius as advised. Posting this with slight delay as I needed to check that it matched the contents of pharmaceutical HCG to exclude this as a variable.
View attachment 170416
Was able to confirm that today.

Here's some tests showing rather insignificant variation between 6 tested vials from two different batches:
View attachment 170414View attachment 170415

and here's ~18% degradation after 31 days (the test report itself will be updated after 45 and 60 days again - thanks to @janoshik for solving mysteries of meso as usual!):
View attachment 170418
View attachment 170417

While this should be ran with pharma HCG alongside for comparison's/completionist's sake, our community doesn't have easy access to pharmaceutical HCG that has tested well to begin with at a reasonable price, so that won't be too helpful just yet.
Was this tested on your/ or different HCG? Or Pregnyl? I am wondering why the Jano results show only around 7,000iu if the Pregnyl are supposed to have 10,000iu?