How can I lower my hemoglobin and hematocrit on trt

ryanguy92

On 200mg my red blood count, hemoglobin and hematocrit are very high. I started taking a daily baby aspirin after I received my results. Other than a Therapeutic phlebotomy what else can I do to lower my levels?

Attachments

• 4E524CB3-DDB7-49B6-A9F1-1C076E95D820.jpeg
    4E524CB3-DDB7-49B6-A9F1-1C076E95D820.jpeg
    226.6 KB · Views: 88
Fastest method is to take out blood, you can´t give blood at the moment with those levels, I´m afraid I forgot the english word for it, but you can do therapeutical blood letting, I did it few times at some clinic here. Once your levels are back within normal range, you can give blood again, at the red cross or whatever donation centers are available where you live.
On 200mg test and some Mast long term here, stopped giving blood when covid came, going to donation centers was already a hassle, but with a facemask required it´s even worse. Yet Hemoglobine and Hematocrite haven´t moved much in that time (a bit lower than you, 17.2 and 51.5%)
Lots of people on high TRT and cycles do give blood regularly to avoid those issues.

What is not clear to me is how necessary to get those numbers back into range athletically speaking, especially if improving cardio is a concern. People pin EPOs for the strict purpose of increasing those numbers, and high numbers seem to help athletically in general (asked the question to the hematologist here, and her reply was along those lines as well)
Suspect high BP is not good for cardio though, and BP increases with Hematocrits I understood, so not a clear issue, curious to read more feedback on the matter.
100mg aspirin a day is commonly used as well to fluidify the blood in those cases.

My girlfriend is a nurse and is worried if it stays high for a prolonged time I may die at an early age(I’m 29yo). My blood pressure last week at the docs was 120/80. I’m not overly concerned but I just want to put her at ease

My girlfriend is a nurse and is worried if it stays high for a prolonged time I may die at an early age(I’m 29yo). My blood pressure last week at the docs was 120/80. I’m not overly concerned but I just want to put her at ease
That’s a really good blood pressure to be fair.

99% sure theirs a self phlebotomy thread here somewhere.

That’s a really good blood pressure to be fair.

99% sure theirs a self phlebotomy thread here somewhere.

Probably more than one, there are videos out there as well. Never dared myself though, again doctor might prescribe phlebotomy and here ( Spain) we have a clinic which will do that without prescription, not sure how it is elsewhere

On 200mg my red blood count, hemoglobin and hematocrit are very high. I started taking a daily baby aspirin after I received my results. Other than a Therapeutic phlebotomy what else can I do to lower my levels?

Not sure why the members in here are saying you are to out of range to donate. When covid first hit the scene I slacked on donating and I had a scare of a 54 hemocrit and was able to donate.

Start donating regularly, drink lots of water, increase cardio and also look into ip-6.

Not sure why the members in here are saying you are to out of range to donate. When covid first hit the scene I slacked on donating and I had a scare of a 54 hemocrit and was able to donate.

Start donating regularly, drink lots of water, increase cardio and also look into ip-6.
Writing from experience here in Spain, they check hemoglobin, if out if range they refuse to take blood. They do check BP as well but was still abke to give blood with high BP.
In China they checked my... liver values, duh...slightly out of range and couldn t donate.

It might be different in the US

Depending on your fluid intake, hematocrit levels can vary by 3-4 points in my experience. I had high RBC, hemo, and hema my previous blood test, I only drank 8 ounces of water before getting it drawn. My latest blood test I drank 40 ounces of water beforehand and everything was in range.

Your quickest way to lower them is to go donate a double red somewhere, takes anywhere from 25-45 minutes.

Fastest method is to take out blood, you can´t give blood at the moment with those levels, I´m afraid I forgot the english word for it, but you can do therapeutical blood letting, I did it few times at some clinic here. Once your levels are back within normal range, you can give blood again, at the red cross or whatever donation centers are available where you live.
On 200mg test and some Mast long term here, stopped giving blood when covid came, going to donation centers was already a hassle, but with a facemask required it´s even worse. Yet Hemoglobine and Hematocrite haven´t moved much in that time (a bit lower than you, 17.2 and 51.5%)
Lots of people on high TRT and cycles do give blood regularly to avoid those issues.
You absolutely can donate at those levels. I've donated many times at higher levels. Even a finger prick with a 19 reading they let you donate.

Writing from experience here in Spain, they check hemoglobin, if out if range they refuse to take blood. They do check BP as well but was still abke to give blood with high BP.
In China they checked my... liver values, duh...slightly out of range and couldn t donate.

It might be different in the US
You can have a 20 reading and donate at the red cross. 20.01 and they won't let you. Quit spreading false info.

Im on the 2nd phlebotomy in 16days, 450cc each, and my htc Is still the same (60%)...
I decrease test to 100mg week, drinking 3.5liter Daily, baby aspirin, betablockers (my Bp now Is 120/70) but htc and hb are same as 18days ago...

Why are you on 200mg at 29?

What did you do about your hematocrit?

Im on the 2nd phlebotomy in 16days, 450cc each, and my htc Is still the same (60%)...
I decrease test to 100mg week, drinking 3.5liter Daily, baby aspirin, betablockers (my Bp now Is 120/70) but htc and hb are same as 18days ago...

whats your RBC?
iron levels?

Why are you on 200mg at 29?

What did you do about your hematocrit?
with 53 and 17,8 and his RBC he should do nothing but decrease the dosage and stay hydrated. LEt the body regulate it by its own by getting into TRT range.
Phlebotomy too often will only lead to a faster rise in HCT etc., possible iron deficies etc.
Phlebotomy should be the last resort if it is really necessary (like 60% and symtoms)
Else i would always advise to try the TRT route
i would do 20-25mg eod for 12 weeks and remeasure @ OP

with 53 and 17,8 and his RBC he should do nothing but decrease the dosage and stay hydrated. LEt the body regulate it by its own by getting into TRT range.
Phlebotomy too often will only lead to a faster rise in HCT etc., possible iron deficies etc.
Phlebotomy should be the last resort if it is really necessary (like 60% and symtoms)
Else i would always advise to try the TRT route
i would do 20-25mg eod for 12 weeks and remeasure @ OP
I am not asking what he "should" do. It has been more than two months. I am curious what he did, if anything.

Sponsors