How much protein do you guys eat?

enjoy! Gotta go play on the grass
Good evening.

So advice from Kinobody 2 is proving something here?

High protein diet helped me get jacked and sustain it. Why should I reconsider and listen to some smaller guy is beyond me.

At the end of the day, eat whatever you want. As long as you're happy with your results who cares?

Not lying. Still get paid via my sport though I’ve been retired since 2018. No complaints except several major surgeries and a silver medal at the Olympics. Now I think about it, if I’d of consumed 100’s of extra grams of protein per day I’d never of needed those surgeries and would possess a gold medal. You guys were right. Apologies
Hopscotch doesn't count

so, when cells are developing the most and growth is of the most importance in your life is when…. When you’re a baby. Breast milk as far as nutrition goes is mostly carbs then fat and lastly protein. Ya just don’t need that much to grow.
I mean muscle is at least 70% water anyways. What nutrient loves water…. Carbs!
So, heaps of protein powder isn’t gonna do jack shit for growth. It’s dehydrating. It’s poorly used for fuel. You want maximum energy(carbs) to train at maximum intensity for the shortest amount of time possible to get stronger which in turn will stimulate growth and spend most of the rest of the time recovering. Amateurs. Goodnight.

so, when cells are developing the most and growth is of the most importance in your life is when…. When you’re a baby. Breast milk as far as nutrition goes is mostly carbs then fat and lastly protein. Ya just don’t need that much to grow.
I mean muscle is at least 70% water anyways. What nutrient loves water…. Carbs!
So, heaps of protein powder isn’t gonna do jack shit for growth. It’s dehydrating. It’s poorly used for fuel. You want maximum energy(carbs) to train at maximum intensity for the shortest amount of time possible to get stronger which in turn will stimulate growth and spend most of the rest of the time recovering. Amateurs. Goodnight.
big words...for you...
I got all the jacked and lean! dudes from 50years of bodybuilding on my team...what u got? ... influencers.?
go about your business and leave us meat heads alone

PS baby's for their body weight get a shit lot of protein...and fat and carbs...but you know what ..I don't want to have the body composition of a toddler... i might ease up on the fats and as much carbs as necessary to not get excessively fat if I were u...

big words...for you...
I got all the jacked and lean! dudes from 50years of bodybuilding on my team...what u got? ... influencers.?
go about your business and leave us meat heads alone

PS baby's for their body weight get a shit lot of protein...and fat and carbs...but you know what ..I don't want to have the body composition of a toddler... i might ease up on the fats and as much carbs as necessary to not get excessively fat if I were u...
Change your name to 29IQ.

Lame
Goodnight.
Why are you fucking up this thread?

Read the title.

You provided your two cents.

Now shut up and let others answer the question.

We have no clue what your sport is, but it probably did not involve weighing 250 pounds at 4% body fat, so your experience is not particularly relevant.

Congrats on the silver, by the way. That's a real achievement no matter what your sport was.

Not who you asked but here's an example for my diet. I'm 5'11 235ish lbs. Stage weight for last show was 207. Current cycle is 750 test 600 primo 10 ius hgh. I train 5 days a week. No cardio. Usually 90 mins - 2 hrs training, it's probably too much but I enjoy high volume. Rest days food is about the same but I remove the shake and Gatorade/rice krispie's and will have another beef and rice meal.

Protein is: 320g. Didn't count the protein from the rice/bean, although I could because combined they make a complete protein. I could easily eat less protein and have more carbs but I find that the more protein I eat the less likely I am to get fat, and I'm still hungry after all this food every day anyway, and usually wake up starving.

Meal 1:
10 oz beef(93/7) 60g Protien
205g White rice
200 Calorie Organic beans

Meal 2 (pre-workout)
Kirkland dark chocolate nut bar 10g Protein
2 Oikos Greek yogurt 30g Protein
0-5 Rice Krispie's depending on body part being trained.

Intra Shake:
200 cals Gatorade

Meal 3(Post workout)
60Grams(2 servings) ISO 100 Whey Isolate 50g protein
5 rice Krispie's

Meal 4
10 oz beef(93/7) 60g Protein
205g White rice
200 Calorie Organic beans

Meal 5
10 oz NY steak 70g Protein?
300g-400g Raw white potatoes

Or meal 5 will be same as meal 4 with potatoes instead of beans

Meal 6:
Kirkland dark chocolate nut bar 10g Protein
2 Oikos Greek yogurt 30g Protein
Thanks for sharing so much detail. Your overall macros look about like mine were when competing, although our food sources are very different.

What is your planned stage weight next time you compete, and how are you modifying the diet to get there (or is this the current diet to get a little more stage weight?)

I weigh my potatoes raw. Then cook them before eating them so I have a better idea on the macros. Lots of guys do the raw weight for potatoes, it's easier to track.

Thanks for sharing so much detail. Your overall macros look about like mine were when competing, although our food sources are very different.

What is your planned stage weight next time you compete, and how are you modifying the diet to get there (or is this the current diet to get a little more stage weight?)
I'm done competing for a long time, going to transition to bodybuilding, done with classic physique. Ideally I wouldn't step on stage until I'm 230-240 stage weight, which would be a 300lb somewhat lean off season weight for me, it's going to take years. I'll just add more carbs/fats once weight gain stalls. I respond really well to beef, so I plan on keeping it in, as long as blood work allows it.

I weigh my potatoes raw. Then cook them before eating them so I have a better idea on the macros. Lots of guys do the raw weight for potatoes, it's easier to track.

Yeah i weigh them raw too, basically i weigh everything raw, meats and carbs. It's the most accurate way.

I'm done competing for a long time, going to transition to bodybuilding, done with classic physique. Ideally I wouldn't step on stage until I'm 230-240 stage weight, which would be a 300lb somewhat lean off season weight for me, it's going to take years. I'll just add more carbs/fats once weight gain stalls. I respond really well to beef, so I plan on keeping it in, as long as blood work allows it.
You didn't have but two pounds left in Classic Physique. I get it.

What was your off season weight when doing Classic Physique?

You didn't have but two pounds left in Classic Physique. I get it.

What was your off season weight when doing Classic Physique?
I still had fat on me at 207. I could've came in at 200 is my guess or a bit lower. Peak off season weight was morning weight of 262 fat as hell. Maintained around 250 for about 6 months and all that weight stuck.

Main reason for the switch is, I don't have the classic physique look. I have a blocky wide mid section.

I am not a bodybuilding coach, but you will be much better off if you can add weight while staying no more than 12-16 weeks out from a contest. That still allows plenty of fluff and extra calories. Plus you can see your work and where you need to add or put in extra work.

I know this is just common sense, but reading it might help motivate you not to just pack on a bunch of fat.

Being leaner helps you tolerate some of the sides more, too (e.g., test conversion to estrogen, blood pressure, etc.).

Plus it is just unhealthy to get fat and be doing steroids.

I hope you take this advice in the spirit in which it is intended. It is not negative criticism, but just a hope for better things for you moving forward by choosing a better path.

Yeah i weigh them raw too, basically i weigh everything raw, meats and carbs. It's the most accurate way.

Yeah agree. Weigh raw, eat cooked. All the USDA values are based on raw weights.

I wasn't thinking and replied too quickly, thinking you were eating raw potatoes. Mea culpa. Blame tren.

Main reason for the switch is, I don't have the classic physique look. I have a blocky wide mid section.

All the BB podcasts and judges are talking about small stomachs now. Thin waste lines, etc.

2024 bloated guts aren't going to win any competitions unless they can also pull off a good vacuum pose.

Sponsors

Latest posts