How much protein do you guys eat?

No different on cycle vs cruise. 270g from meat on medium days equaling 300 from all sources 250g on low days equaling around 280 from all sources

200g bare minimum all the time. You could hit 160g effortlessly with 3 quarts of non fat milk and a 7oz bag of peanuts. It's what I do at work cause I hate meal prep lol. Then easily hit rest with whatever when I'm home.

Why don't you count those?
Because Roman Fritz said not to lol

It’s just easier to make sure I’m getting at least my Protein from a quality protein source. I get a little protein from Jasmine rice and I have some whey in my pre workout and intra workout drinks (with cyclic dextrin) but it’s a small amount by comparison and not as quality protein source. My diet is extremely strict so there isn’t any other random sources of protein.

Because Roman Fritz said not to lol

It’s just easier to make sure I’m getting at least my Protein from a quality protein source. I get a little protein from Jasmine rice and I have some whey in my pre workout and intra workout drinks (with cyclic dextrin) but it’s a small amount by comparison and not as quality protein source. My diet is extremely strict so there isn’t any other random sources of protein.
The thought is to not count protein from non protein sources like rice and bread. Whey protein is most definitely a protein source and should be counted. I follow a diet from justin harris and he does this also

The thought is to not count protein from non protein sources like rice and bread. Whey protein is most definitely a protein source and should be counted. I follow a diet from justin harris and he does this also
agreed. whey should absolutely be counted, just be minimized in a diet. One meal a day max for most guys

I know exactly what my protein from other sources are (Whey is 50g a day) I just don’t count it as my min. If I did my min would be higher.
Justin Harris absolutely knows his stuff.
My diet is insanely strict. (emphasis on insane lol)

Come on now, no evidence to suggest something like whey is inferior to other protein sources. I mean, I love meat and fish a lot, but this just sounds like a random old information passed from guys in their 50-60's with no evidence just personal belief.

Come on now, no evidence to suggest something like whey is inferior to other protein sources. I mean, I love meat and fish a lot, but this just sounds like a random old information passed from guys in their 50-60's with no evidence just personal belief.
Agreed. If anything, it's better than meat and fish. Faster digestion, cheaper and quicker to prepare.

Since @Deskoze38192 already mentioned him, I’d listen to justin harris on why whey is inferior. Pretty great reasoning based on the evidence we currently have

View: https://youtu.be/L0-nUJzGZSo?si=-53wgwdtOq_spDbz
old video but he has some newer lectures and podcasts on the topic out there too about amino acid pools and digestion rates of different protein sources

Thank you
Going to watch this now while eating my chicken breast and Jasmine rice post workout meal

Edit: Good video!

While we are on the subject. I only use Whey in my pre and insta workout shakes which also includes cyclic dextrin and EAA and BCAA
Thoughts or discussion on Intra workout shakes?

Last edited: