Hybrid Athlete HRT Log

Dave Crosland was talking about being careful not to involve the front delts when doing bicep curls. I'm pretty sure someone wrote in asking how to fix the same problem. I'm not sure if it's applicable to your case obviously i've never seen your form but it's one thing to keep in mind i guess. It's all I got.
I love that big bastard I’m assuming you listen to the think big BB podcast?

I actively try to avoid training front delts, usually just do side laterals and RD flys. My bigger problem is that my shoulders make biceps and triceps look small.

Everyone’s genetics are different I think I need to have 2 arm days in my split tbh. I do a lot of high volume shit. What’s your opinion on heavy sets for bis and tris? What works for you? I want to try it.

I actively try to avoid training front delts, usually just do side laterals and RD flys. My bigger problem is that my shoulders make biceps and triceps look small.

Everyone’s genetics are different I think I need to have 2 arm days in my split tbh. I do a lot of high volume shit. What’s your opinion on heavy sets for bis and tris? What works for you? I want to try it.
How much are you training your arms right now?
I don't usually focus much on my arms. I do a few sets on them but train my biceps with my back and triceps with my chest. Aside from the big compound lifts I don't really hammer the arms much. I don't have to do much to keep them in stride with the rest of my body. They grow the easiest for me. I usually throw in some heavy single-arm preachers cause I enjoy them. My elbows are getting creeky though.

I run, bike, lift as well. A few years back I was 6’1” 155-160 and running upwards of 100 miles per week. I ran marathons and ultras. After my last 100k I switched to lifting primarily and weight went up to 210-215. I bike a few hours a week and I stay fit enough to run still run 10-13 once a week with my girl. I’m not running 6:30-7 minute miles anymore, but I can hold 9 minutes.

I tend to lift for an hour and then I bike or walk on the treadmill for 30-60 minutes daily on an incline. So far it’s working. Just sharing what I do.

Good to see another runner on the board. Looking good man.

That’s an incredible amount of mileage I respect that. We’re pretty close in weight that pretty cool but my times are nowhere near yours, I’m trying to make a crazy comeback. My problem is when I was at my peak running 60-70 miles a week I was 180 already pretty heavy but being 225 now I’m mentally still thinking I’m 180.

I can push super hard and get through it, but I took a long time off running to grow as much as possible and I really do miss the long early morning runs.

This community seems super cool, I have yet to find any runners on any other board. Also appreciate the compliment, that made me feel good.

How much are you training your arms right now?
I don't usually focus much on my arms. I do a few sets on them but train my biceps with my back and triceps with my chest. Aside from the big compound lifts I don't really hammer the arms much. I don't have to do much to keep them in stride with the rest of my body. They grow the easiest for me. I usually throw in some heavy single-arm preachers cause I enjoy them. My elbows are getting creeky though.
I have 1 arm day then basically my compound lifts do the rest. I’m changing it up, I’ll do 1 heavy arm day, 1 volume arm day, and continue my compounds. Also going to up the carbs/slin before every workout

Stop training shoulders. I'm guessing you do most of your injections in your shoulders. Focus on arms and chest...with an emphasis on mid and lower pecs. You can do injections in your arms as well. Rotate between inner and outer head. 27g 1 1/2" needle.

Stop training shoulders. I'm guessing you do most of your injections in your shoulders. Focus on arms and chest...with an emphasis on mid and lower pecs. You can do injections in your arms as well. Rotate between inner and outer head. 27g 1 1/2" needle.
How much oil volume can the bicep hold? I’ll absolutely try it out, I’ll slow down on shoulders and increase chest/arm training.

I’ll probably wait about about a week to post another physique update, maybe you guys can help me out in noticing any visual changes to the arms.

Todays Lift: Biceps & Triceps

Seated Incline curls

25x25
25x17
25x15
30x12
30x12

Single arm preacher curl

25x8
25x8
30x6
30x6

Ezbar curls

85x12
90x12
100x7
100x7

Triceps

Ezbar skullcrushers (laying)

50x15
75x12
75x12
75x10

Close grip bench press

135x20
185x12
185x12
205x6
205x6

Plate loaded tricep pushups (45lb)

Recovering fast as hell 250 carbs 90 protein pwo, 15ius Novalin R.

Already starving again eating almost 0 fat, going to hit back and rear delts tonight. For now I’m going to nap and let the food go to work.

Forgot to post yesterday’s lift.

Shoulders:

Rear Delt Flys
15x20
15x20
15x15
20x12
20x10

Lateral Raise

25x20
25x20
20x20