I really like Modafinil - even at low doses

I tried to get a script for this and the doctor, with a straight face, told me “I don’t like to prescribe narcotics like that. What I can do is get you started with adderol if you’d like”.

I was speechless.

My current doctor was adamant she would rather I go (back) on adderall and wellbutrin. Which is madness, when you look at what those two meds can do to a person over the long term especially. How do you not become addicted to adderall? It's an amphetamine!

When adderall went into shortage, I suggested to my NYC psychiatrist we try Modafinil instead. He hadn't heard of it. Looked it up, saw it had a great safety profile, wrote a prescription. My insurance didn't cover it and it was $900 for 30 pills!

I didn't know about goodrx (making it $25) at the time and skipped it.

Years later I was traveling and saw it was OTC and gave it a try.

Now I have a prescription thanks to sleep apnea, which qualifies you for it.

But Sun Pharma Modalert is better than Aurobindo, the main generic brand in the US, and cheaper than my $20 insurance deductible, which is crazy.

Last edited:
My current doctor was adamant she would rather I go (back) on adderall and wellbutrin. Which is madness, when you look at what those two meds can do to a person over the long term especially. How do you not become addicted to adderall? It's an amphetamine!

When adderall went into shortage, I suggested to my NYC psychiatrist we try Modafinil instead. He hadn't heard of it. Looked it up, saw it had a great safety profile, wrote a prescription. My insurance didn't cover it and it was $900 for 30 pills!

I didn't know about goodrx (making it $25) at the time and skipped it.

Years later I was traveling and saw it was OTC and gave it a try.

Now I have a prescription thanks to sleep apnea, which qualifies you for it.

But Sun Pharma Modalert is better than Aurobindo, the main generic brand in the US, and cheaper than my $20 insurance deductible, which is crazy.
So this is why you post 100x a day all day, pages and pages at a Time. All makes sense now.

I hardly feel them. Took 200mg Modafinil and 200mg caffeine this morning after waking up. Fell asleep on couch for 2 hours

Moda never stops me from sleeping when I choose to, but definitely alleviates sleepiness.

Out of curiosity, do you use any other stimulants, or have recently?

Hello Meso
I really enjoy Modafinil. Clean energy and wakefulness. No sides. A bit hard to get in my part of the world. So I am a bit sparesome with it. Just tried 25mg. Worked well. 50mg did too.
Is the normal 100-300mg dose overkill, if you are just looking for a boost, and don’t have any medical conditions?
What are your experiences?
Tried Modafinil couples times, but not a big fan though. What I did not understand was that Modalert, supposedly the pharma too, was not working as good as Modvigil

This weekend i will try my first artvigil 50! I am a scared baby though and will probably cut it in half to start

This weekend i will try my first artvigil 50! I am a scared baby though and will probably cut it in half to start

No need to cut it in half. 50 is literally a child starting dose, Like a single small india time cup of coffee.

Although I think Modafinil is better for those just starting, Artvigil 50 is my preferred form of Armodafinil.

Does it create st imulant induced hypo mania like Ad derall can?

If you stay awake for longer than a day it can happen in my experience. Like wasting time on po rn too much is a good indicator for going m anic for me.

It doesn't feel like a real st imulant, feels kinda subtle but it can fu ck you up for sure

I hardly feel them. Took 200mg Modafinil and 200mg caffeine this morning after waking up. Fell asleep on couch for 2 hours

Are you adhd? Happens to me with ri talin.

Last edited:
If you stay awake for longer than a day it can happen in my experience. Like wasting time on po rn too much is a good indicator for going m anic for me.

It doesn't feel like a real st imulant, feels kinda subtle but it can fu ck you up for sure

Are you adhd? Happens to me with ri talin.
No, not at all. I have a higher than average stim tolerance. But I’m just talking caffeine, modafinil, ephedrine mainly. I have very little experience with real stims like adderral or amps of any kind.

No, not at all. I have a higher than average stim tolerance. But I’m just talking caffeine, modafinil, ephedrine mainly. I have very little experience with real stims like adderral or amps of any kind.

Adderall / Amphetamine is poison, best avoided. At first it's amazing, but soon you pay for all the extra energy, and the physical side effects grow over time.

Anyone coming off adderall could easily
not feel anything from Moda, since they're dopamine depleted. It takes a month of clearance to feel the effects of Moda, which incidentally, doesn't deplete dopamine.

Conventional stimulants borrow energy from the future, Moda class compounds don't.

Adderall / Amphetamine is poison, best avoided. At first it's amazing, but soon you pay for all the extra energy, and the physical side effects grow over time.

Anyone coming off adderall could easily
not feel anything from Moda, since they're dopamine depleted. It takes a month of clearance to feel the effects of Moda, which incidentally, doesn't deplete dopamine.

Conventional stimulants borrow energy from the future, Moda class compounds don't.

What would you recommend for someone who took adderall for many years when they were younger I still feel like my dopamine is fried. Im in the constant up and down of using caffeine or energy drinks to get anything done but then crash and overall feel constantly tired and fatigued. Ive tried to limit and get off stimulates but I never get anything done. Ive tried moda but doesnt seem to help

I tried modvigil at 25mg day 1 and then 50mg day 2 and throat got sore with scratchy voice. Took several days off for it to heal. Just tried 100mg yesterday and today and it's like I have cotton mouth all day but the itchy throat makes me cough and I hear a bunch of phlegm. Anyone else have this side effect and did it eventually go away? Or is this just not for me

Last edited:
I have a prescription for it and take it every day. It just makes me feel awake it doesn't give me energy. I don't get any comedown or loss of sleep from it either.

What would you recommend for someone who took adderall for many years when they were younger I still feel like my dopamine is fried. Im in the constant up and down of using caffeine or energy drinks to get anything done but then crash and overall feel constantly tired and fatigued. Ive tried to limit and get off stimulates but I never get anything done. Ive tried moda but doesnt seem to help

I hear you brother.

I took dextroamphetamine (adderall) for several years as an adult, At first is was a life
changer. But as you know, the benefits diminish, you can only increase the dose so much to compensate, but the sides continue to worsen.

Forced off during the shortage was awful, depressing, and I lacked energy for a year. I drank so much coffee to stay awake it affected my vision, and even then it stopped working too as the tolerance exceeded my ability to consume more,

Starting Modafinil was a godsend. It's not the intense boost of energy you experience when starting adderall, but that's a good thing, because what it does provide is sustainable, without significant side effects, and doesn't result in tolerance that eventually renders it useless, In fact, everything points to regular Moda use being healthy, especially for the brain, because it's a potent anti-oxidant.

I started with 100mg day Moda around 9AM. It was wearing off too early in the day, and went to taking 100mg as soon as I wake (even if I go back to sleep), then another 100mg at 9-10am.

So I'd start with 100mg in the morning for a few days until you get used to the effects, and then up to the "normal" dose of 200mg, at once or split with the second half no later than 11AM.

Taking it daily results in a better effect after several weeks, than intermittent use, imo.

Modalert is the classic brand from Sun Pharma, and a reliable option. It's a bit expensive from PCT sellers but if you decide it's something you'll use regularly you can get it down to 25¢ per 200mg tab when buying a year's worth for ~$100.

If that's not enough, or too short acting, you can add or switch to longer acting armodafinil. I find 200mg Moda and 50mg Armodafinil is a good combo for me. (Moda is 50% long acting armodafinil and 50% short acting s-modafinil, each with slightly different effects.).

By tweaking my protocol over a few months, I was able to completely overcome my energy deficit, and time it perfectly so it lasts all day and wears off just before bedtime.

I tried modvigil at 25mg day 1 and then 50mg day 2 and throat got sore with scratchy voice. Took several days off for it to heal. Just tried 100mg yesterday and today and it's like I have cotton mouth all day but the itchy throat makes me cough and I hear a bunch of phlegm. Anyone else have this side effect and did it eventually go away? Or is this just not for me

It's acid reflux, which coffee also induces for me. It went away after the first few weeks. I think the "alertness" makes you unconsciously tighten your gut, forcing acid up. Once your body gets accustomed to the heightened wakefulness state, the stomach relaxes and it goes away.

I hear you brother.

I took dextroamphetamine (adderall) for several years as an adult, At first is was a life
changer. But as you know, the benefits diminish, you can only increase the dose so much to compensate, but the sides continue to worsen.

Forced off during the shortage was awful, depressing, and I lacked energy for a year. I drank so much coffee to stay awake it affected my vision, and even then it stopped working too as the tolerance exceeded my ability to consume more,

Starting Modafinil was a godsend. It's not the intense boost of energy you experience when starting adderall, but that's a good thing, because what it does provide is sustainable, without significant side effects, and doesn't result in tolerance that eventually renders it useless, In fact, everything points to regular Moda use being healthy, especially for the brain, because it's a potent anti-oxidant.

I started with 100mg day Moda around 9AM. It was wearing off too early in the day, and went to taking 100mg as soon as I wake (even if I go back to sleep), then another 100mg at 9-10am.

So I'd start with 100mg in the morning for a few days until you get used to the effects, and then up to the "normal" dose of 200mg, at once or split with the second half no later than 11AM.

Taking it daily results in a better effect after several weeks, than intermittent use, imo.

Modalert is the classic brand from Sun Pharma, and a reliable option. It's a bit expensive from PCT sellers but if you decide it's something you'll use regularly you can get it down to 25¢ per 200mg tab when buying a year's worth for ~$100.

If that's not enough, or too short acting, you can add or switch to longer acting armodafinil. I find 200mg Moda and 50mg Armodafinil is a good combo for me. (Moda is 50% long acting armodafinil and 50% short acting s-modafinil, each with slightly different effects.).

By tweaking my protocol over a few months, I was able to completely overcome my energy deficit, and time it perfectly so it lasts all day and wears off just before bedtime.
I’ll give it try again and stick to it longer this time. Thank you very much, I appreciate it

Back