I took 0.25mgs of Finasteride for the first time ever yesterday, and have very low libido now…anyone else with this issue?

UltimaOugi

I still get morning wood, but the morning wood isn’t as hard as it was pre-finasteride. And libido is really low. I certainly will not be taking this crap ever again that’s for sure. (For reference I usually cruise on 250mgs of Test a week)

I don’t think it’s post finasteride syndrome since I don’t have any other side effect. Anyone else with similar experiences or advice?

Since it was only a single dose of 0.25mgs, I would think my chances of getting libido back to normal are high.

(Should also mention the finasteride was topical. 0.1% finasteride and 0.7% minoxidil mixture)

Last edited:
Pretty sure it's gone for good.

How did you consume a quarter of a milligram of finasteride from a topical mixture?

Pretty sure it's gone for good.

How did you consume a quarter of a milligram of finasteride from a topical mixture?

Hopefully it is, I’ll inject an extra 125mgs of Test in a few hours to be sure.

I used a 1 mL dropper that was marked and labeled, so I made sure the amount was at roughly the 0.2 mark. I’d also like to mention that the prescription said to “apply small amount to scalp twice daily.” But yesterday I only did it once, not twice since I was cautious.

I’d rather be bald than have penis issues lol.

Hopefully it is, I’ll inject an extra 125mgs of Test in a few hours to be sure.

I used a 1 mL dropper that was marked and labeled, so I made sure the amount was at roughly the 0.2 mark. I’d also like to mention that the prescription said to “apply small amount to scalp twice daily.” But yesterday I only did it once, not twice since I was cautious.

I’d rather be bald than have penis issues lol.

1ml=1000mg.

.2 on the dropper.=200mg

.1% of 200mg=.20mg

.20mg applied to scalp = 1/15th systemic availability = .01mg

A single .01mg dose of finasteride, 1/100th the normal daily dose for hair loss = low libido and poor erection quality = proof of the psychosomatic power of misinformation

1ml=1000mg.

.2 on the dropper.=200mg

.1% of 200mg=.20mg

.20mg applied to scalp = 1/15th systemic availability = .01mg

A single .01mg dose of finasteride, 1/100th the normal daily dose for hair loss = low libido and poor erection quality = proof of the psychosomatic power of misinformation

That definitely puts my mind more at ease, thank you. The low libido thing is definitely there but for such a small dose, I’m positive I’ll start feeling a lot more normal after another test injection and a few more days.

How often do people get libido side effects from finasteride in your experience?