I took 0.25mgs of Finasteride for the first time ever yesterday, and have very low libido now…anyone else with this issue?

UltimaOugi

I still get morning wood, but the morning wood isn’t as hard as it was pre-finasteride. And libido is really low. I certainly will not be taking this crap ever again that’s for sure. (For reference I usually cruise on 250mgs of Test a week)

I don’t think it’s post finasteride syndrome since I don’t have any other side effect. Anyone else with similar experiences or advice?

Since it was only a single dose of 0.25mgs, I would think my chances of getting libido back to normal are high.

(Should also mention the finasteride was topical. 0.1% finasteride and 0.7% minoxidil mixture)

Last edited:
Pretty sure it's gone for good.

How did you consume a quarter of a milligram of finasteride from a topical mixture?

Hopefully it is, I’ll inject an extra 125mgs of Test in a few hours to be sure.

I used a 1 mL dropper that was marked and labeled, so I made sure the amount was at roughly the 0.2 mark. I’d also like to mention that the prescription said to “apply small amount to scalp twice daily.” But yesterday I only did it once, not twice since I was cautious.

I’d rather be bald than have penis issues lol.

Hopefully it is, I’ll inject an extra 125mgs of Test in a few hours to be sure.

I used a 1 mL dropper that was marked and labeled, so I made sure the amount was at roughly the 0.2 mark. I’d also like to mention that the prescription said to “apply small amount to scalp twice daily.” But yesterday I only did it once, not twice since I was cautious.

I’d rather be bald than have penis issues lol.

1ml=1000mg.

.2 on the dropper.=200mg

.1% of 200mg=.20mg

.20mg applied to scalp = 1/15th systemic availability = .01mg

A single .01mg dose of finasteride, 1/100th the normal daily dose for hair loss = low libido and poor erection quality = proof of the psychosomatic power of misinformation

1ml=1000mg.

.2 on the dropper.=200mg

.1% of 200mg=.20mg

.20mg applied to scalp = 1/15th systemic availability = .01mg

A single .01mg dose of finasteride, 1/100th the normal daily dose for hair loss = low libido and poor erection quality = proof of the psychosomatic power of misinformation

That definitely puts my mind more at ease, thank you. The low libido thing is definitely there but for such a small dose, I’m positive I’ll start feeling a lot more normal after another test injection and a few more days.

How often do people get libido side effects from finasteride in your experience?

How often do people get libido side effects from finasteride in your experience?

I don't think you find legit answer for this since there are guys who're ashamed to admit they lost their dick and can't get it up even with pills (especially those who struggle long term). Dude, even if it's 1% of the population it's too much considering how many are taking fina-duta.

I don't think you find legit answer for this since there are guys who're ashamed to admit they lost their dick and can't get it up even with pills (especially those who struggle long term). Dude, even if it's 1% of the population it's too much considering how many are taking fina-duta.

75% of men will lose their hair to male pattern balding. 99% of that is preventable.

To suggest it's not worth trying the single proven thing that will prevent that, because 1% might have easily reversible sides, when it can save 99% of men from the serious trauma of hair loss without sides is terrible advice.

1% is also highly doubtable at .25mg, they're overwhelmingly starting at 1mg.

The only reason that kind of advice exists is the baseless fear of permanent sides spread like a virus by idiots.

Look at the power this insanity has. This guy's already lost his libido and has ED after a single dose that's 1/100th of a 1mg pill, which is impossible and clearly psychosomatic. The amount of delayed harm being caused by this misinformation is incalculable.

75% of men will lose their hair to male pattern balding. 99% of that is preventable.

To suggest it's not worth trying the single proven thing that will prevent that, because 1% might have easily reversible sides, when it can save 99% of men from the serious trauma of hair loss without sides is terrible advice.

Dude you have to stop exaggerating that much, this is might be you and definitely a decent percentage amongst men. You think every bald guy you see around is depressed because he shave his head? You have no idea how many guys have a full head of hair and they still prefer to shave it for style or ease of things.

Also, i never said to anyone "don't do it", if you saw it anywhere post it here because i don't remember anything like that. I just said i don't like it and i don't wanna do it for the potential side effects. Anyone must form his own opinion and deal with the consequences if any.

Look at the power this insanity has. This guy's already lost his libido and has ED after a single dose that's 1/100th of a 1mg pill, which is impossible and clearly psychosomatic. The amount of delayed harm being caused by this misinformation is incalculable.

You're 100% right, i do believe in that case it's psychosomatic. But i believe that guy too, if this happened to him because he read about the side effects, it's already done some damage to him before even starting. I believe even to myself if someone swapped one of my vitamin pils with finasteride tabs i would probably 99% be ok. Now i've read all that scary stuff i'm biased and already know luck is not on my side, so i guess there's no chance for me starting finasteride and don't deal with any (even psychosomatic) side effects.

Dude you have to stop exaggerating that much, this is might be you and definitely a decent percentage amongst men. You think every bald guy you see around is depressed because he shave his head? You have no idea how many guys have a full head of hair and they still prefer to shave it for style or ease of things.

Also, i never said to anyone "don't do it", if you saw it anywhere post it here because i don't remember anything like that. I just said i don't like it and i don't wanna do it for the potential side effects. Anyone must form his own opinion and deal with the consequences if any.

You're 100% right, i do believe in that case it's psychosomatic. But i believe that guy too, if this happened to him because he read about the side effects, it's already done some damage to him before even starting. I believe even to myself if someone swapped one of my vitamin pils with finasteride tabs i would probably 99% be ok. Now i've read all that scary stuff i'm biased and already know luck is not on my side, so i guess there's no chance for me starting finasteride and don't deal with any (even psychosomatic) side effects.

Thank you for the replies! Just an update:

My erections are now at maximum quality and effectiveness as well as my libido after stopping the topical finasteride. + injecting an extra .5 cc of Test E.

Whether it is real or mental-only, I will not risk it again and will never take this crap ever again. I’d rather be muscular/bald/horny….than muscular/head full of hair/incomplete.

The only way I can stop my hair shedding is if I reduce my 250mgs cruise dose to 120mgs. (But at the point it’s not really a cruise, just high TRT lol!)
So I guess I’ll have to just deal with being bald, because my sex life with my wife is far more important than hair.