Is this good to build big amrs?

So here is how I have my training split up, as I've experimented with upper and lower, push pull legs and now just made this as it's kind of like a bro split as I have some days dedicated to a specific muscle I want to grow and destroy tf out of:Screenshot_20240927_160433_Strong.webpScreenshot_20240927_160436_Strong.webpScreenshot_20240927_160523_Strong.webpScreenshot_20240927_160534_Strong.webpScreenshot_20240927_160541_Strong.webpScreenshot_20240927_160543_Strong.webp
You probably noticed I only have 2 sets for each exercise. Reason for this is that I find after the second set I start to lose the pump, mind muscle connection and don't feel the muscle as engaged and feels like junk volume, so I have every set to complete failure with strict form.

In terms of Day 1 specifically. Would I build big arms doing this the way I have it set up, as everyone is different, but wanted some thoughts and opinions.

Edit: might get rid of preacher curls as I don't tend to find much muscle mind connection for that specific isolation exercise.

Last edited:
Low volume has never worked for me.

Agree.
Especially for stuff like arms.
I don't understand the thing he says about only doing 2 sets because he gets fatigued.
Doesn’t sound like the weight selection for what he is doing is ideal.
I mean, drop the weight and do more, if that is the case.
I wonder if he is doing warm up sets leading to the 2 and did not write those.
Still, I don’t like it much.
I wouldn't think people do 2 sets of stuff with "the pump" in mind, which he mentions.
I might be wrong.

Agree.
I don't understand the thing he says about only doing 2 sets because he gets fatigued.
I wouldn't think people do 2 sets of stuff with "the pump" in mind, which he mentions.
I might be wrong.
You are

Finished training and I must say I feel great afterwards and feel great mind muscle connection and a great pump.

I've removed preacher curls because I feel little to no mind muscle connection and activation and feel like I'll end up tearing my bicep with it, so removed. I feel significantly more mind muscle connection, activation and pump doing concentration curls over doing preacher curls.

Removed dumbbell reverse curls as I get more activation, mind muscle connection and a better pump from doing barbell reverse curls over dumbbell reverse curls.

Bent over row underhand I do feel bicep activation, but obviously more back, so might remove.

I felt the most and strongest mind muscle connection doing incline dumbbell curls compared to all the other variations.

Agree.
I might be wrong.
No I don't warm up, however I have decided it is best to start using bands to warm up before the 2 sets to get more out of my 2 sets.

Back